• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How to deal with them

Narutopokedude

← currently hunting
I have a 360, Wii and PS3, and quite frankly I like the Dreamcast Xbox 360 more than the others. I've played the Wii long enough to know that it's not completely filled with the good serious games the 360 has, and that ilikadacox these sorts of games come to the Wii quite occasionally. Having said that, the Wii doesn't deserve the reputation it's getting, because these "hardcore" games are damn good.
If someone says the Wii is casual, I agree with them, but point out that the console has it's great games, unlike the Naruto fag above me, calling their opinion shitty.

Hmm, before calling me a Naruto ***, find me a way to change my terrible username that I chose 2 years ago. Just fyi, I haven't watched the show in a year and a half, because I realized it's a P.O.S show.

What I meant in my previous post is that I don't care about other people's opinions, I'm not going to try and change them. Personally, I love the xbox 360 and I prefer it over the wii 90% of the time. It has much better games when it comes to fps's and what not. Sure the wii specializes in different kinds of games, and a lot of it is crap, but that's no reason to hate the wii.

Maybe next time you shouldn't insult me for my opinion.

Last edited:
Personally,I think the PS2 controller was easy to grasp. But this is coming from the guy who's too much of a poor ******* to buy anthing other than a Wii and a PS2.

On Topic: I smash their head into the concrete and walk away like nothing ever happened.

Flareon1990

Pokemon Veteran
People who say the Wii is just for the casual game or for your grandmother and her Bridge friends are either very uninformed or blatantly ignorant.

I personally love the Wii. Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime 3, Super Mario Galaxy, No More Heroes, The Conduit, Tales of Symphonia, Okami, and Madworld are all great examples of fresh, innovative content. If they say the 360 has better hardcore games, just point to Guitar Hero, Rock Band, Top Spin 3, Star Wars The Force Unleashed, Bully, Call of Duty World at War, NHL 2K9, etc...

I also love the 360 even though I don't have one. My roomate does however and we both play whatever we feel like at the time. Games like Halo, Mass Effect, Gears of War, Bioshock, etc... are all very solid games. Sports titles may also be superior on the 360 thanks to years of perfecting the "thumbs controller".

Anyways my point is, they both have their strong points. This person's argument that the Wii is for "kiddies" is blatantly ignorant since he either chooses not to acknowledge the games mentioned above, or he chooses to oversimplify a console trying to expand the videogaming market, while trying to provide quality gaming to the "hardcore". I'd just ignore it, since his argument is about as developed as a monkey's.

Red Globe

Si Vis Amor, ama
But I do hate people who hate the Wii just because it's for "casual" gamers. I still wait for the day they actually realize that there is no difference between casual gamers and hardcore gamers.

Show them Mad World, I say, and then let them see if that's casual 8D

I ignore them.

Arguments For:
XBOX: Good graphics, cheaper than PS3, Good exclusives.
PS3: Blu-Ray, Great Graphics, Some good Exclusives.
Wii: Innovative controls and vast variety of types of games

Arguments Against:
XBOX: You get a gun and shoot stuff. Red Rings of Death!!!
PS3: You pay a lot of money and get nothing. Redundant disc space!!!
Wii: You get lot's of partygame shovelware. Crappy disc drive!!!

fhqwhgads

PS3 is no stronger than 360, it just goes about it in different ways.

Plus, multi-platform games always look worse or have more problems on PS3. Orange Box. Ghostbusters.

Viva la Vida

Shibuya player
To me, Nintendo is the only one who actually makes true video games these days instead of the other guys whose best games reside in the mindless murder bad guys and monster
s.

They are one of the most innovative, but everyone makes games in the industry

Yeah, games like No More Heroes, Metroid and Super Mario Galaxy are the stuff that makes the Wii great, but the Wii's reputation is lowered due to all this other crap on it.

Agreed. Some Wii games don't get enough credit though

The Xbox 360 is better, no contest.

If you mean in the hardware durability department, you are dead wrong.

Slick

Banned
Hmm, before calling me a Naruto ***, find me a way to change my terrible username that I chose 2 years ago. Just fyi, I haven't watched the show in a year and a half, because I realized it's a P.O.S show.

What I meant in my previous post is that I don't care about other people's opinions, I'm not going to try and change them. Personally, I love the xbox 360 and I prefer it over the wii 90% of the time. It has much better games when it comes to fps's and what not. Sure the wii specializes in different kinds of games, and a lot of it is crap, but that's no reason to hate the wii.

Maybe next time you shouldn't insult me for my opinion.

Okay, I apologize for calling you a Naruto ***. I suppose you reported me, and then wrote that dreadful visitor message. Reported.
If you don't care about other people's opinions, there's no reason you should call them shitty.

Also, at a certain time of year, a name-change thread opens. If you were here for 2 years you should've figured that out.

Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime 3, Super Mario Galaxy, No More Heroes, The Conduit, Tales of Symphonia, Okami, and Madworld are all great examples of fresh, innovative content.

Okami was originally on the PS2, where it really should've stayed, imho.

They're not THAT innovative. They're not that good either.

If you mean in the hardware durability department, you are dead wrong.

The 360 doesn't die every few months silly.

Last edited:

treespyro

Vintage much?
Look at their target market. The Wii goes for Families, Casual Gamers and Children (Look at the games) however this is a generalisation.

The PS3 and 360 however are made for the hardcore games. Even though I am not one. I have always owned a Playstation Console and a Nintendo Handheld and I also play my Girlfriend's 360 (Which she doesn't but hey).

Target Market people

ParaChomp

be your own guru
It really depends on the game. Something like Super Mario Galaxy has such outstanding game play that the simple story does not matter all you pay attention to is getting the tasks done and such.

While a game like Tales of Symphonia is all based on story, acting and graphics. The game play has been repeatedly used in some other Tales games which is why the sequel could not compare to the first.

Long story short: it depends on the game and Nintendo tends to focus more on game play than stories which makes their games catch my eye more.

Zazie

So 1991
You can't stand the controller? I would say it's the best controller of this generation. Everything fits in my hands quite nicely, and it has a nice, good shape.

The X-box 360 d-pad is absolute garbage. Everything else is fine though.

When people bash the Wii I ignore them unless they are Nintendo fanboys inwhich I prepare a response appropriate for the situation.

Last edited:

Narutopokedude

← currently hunting
Okay, I apologize for calling you a Naruto ***. I suppose you reported me, and then wrote that dreadful visitor message. Reported.
If you don't care about other people's opinions, there's no reason you should call them shitty.

Also, at a certain time of year, a name-change thread opens. If you were here for 2 years you should've figured that out.

Thank you, I apologize as well.

Name-change thread has been closed for over a year, it also won't be re-opening.

I must say, if it wasn't for the classic titles that I love I wouldn't even be playing nintendo sadly.