• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How to deal with them

PsychedelicJellyfish

formerly R. New
I've been dragged into plenty of Wii vs. Xbox 360 and PS3 arguments, though not usually through my own actions. What annoys (and amuses) me, though, is that the Xbox 360 / PS3 side have no better argument than 'more features and better graphics', as if enjoyment level and gameplay don't enter into the equation. As far as I'm concerned, they can stick with the console of their choice, but that argument really annoys me.

I do agree with something that one of my friends said, though, about the Wii and the DS essentially being dumping grounds for crap games that no-one else wanted.

Electivirus

Not really, no.
I do agree with something that one of my friends said, though, about the Wii and the DS essentially being dumping grounds for crap games that no-one else wanted.

This applies more to the Wii than the DS, though. The DS has mounds of great games.

Chris

Old Coot
This applies more to the Wii than the DS, though. The DS has mounds of great games.
While the DS may have more, the quantity of upcoming quality titles for the DS is running thin. For every two high quality games, you get 5 Ubisoft titles that make it seem like girls are only interested in playing dress-up, cooking, babysitting and raising ponies. Followed by 7 titles based off of shows that have NO REASON to be video games (such as The Dog Whisperer and Hell's Kitchen).

Kabutopzilla

En Prócsem
(such as The Dog Whisperer and Hell's Kitchen)

How the hell could those even be MADE into games?

What annoys (and amuses) me, though, is that the Xbox 360 / PS3 side have no better argument than 'more features and better graphics', as if enjoyment level and gameplay don't enter into the equation.

Nintendo haters don't give a shit about gameplay. They only care about how pretty the environments are so they know that they splatter realistic-looking blood and gore onto something beautiful.

I agree with that what you said is their only argument, though. It is. You know, they could say that the competing systems have a bigger and better library of good games, leaving it at that and not even going into the graphical quality differences between the consoles, and the argument could be called valid.

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
While the DS may have more, the quantity of upcoming quality titles for the DS is running thin. For every two high quality games, you get 5 Ubisoft titles that make it seem like girls are only interested in playing dress-up, cooking, babysitting and raising ponies. Followed by 7 titles based off of shows that have NO REASON to be video games (such as The Dog Whisperer and Hell's Kitchen).

More good (or uh, really bad) examples would include:

Deal or no deal 2
The game of Gravity
*insertfurrypetanimalhere*z
Imagine *insert anything here*

And what REALLy annoys me is they all have wii and DS versions. Double the waste.

Seriously, Nintendo need quality control. I feel like a second video game crash is coming.

Starrbuck06

I think Nintendo need to develope more key franchises, instead of capitalising on the few they have had for many,many years. While i think graphics are important, more so with the advent of HD technology, gameplay is still a critical and deciding factor when choosing to buy a game.

If Nintendo could come up with something brand new and unique to rival Mario and Zelda then i think people would start turning their heads and take a good look and what Nintendo have to offer. Nintendo has more exclusive first party titles than any other console at this time but to be honest most is shovel ware or party games...

Take a look at console exclusive titles for the PS3 for instance and compare them with the Wii:

Key PS3 exlusives:

Resistance: Fall of Man
Resistance 2
Killzone 2
inFamous
MAG
Uncharted: Drakes Fortune
Uncharted: Among Theives
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction
Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time
LittleBigPlanet
Gran Turismo 5
Motor Storm
Motor Storm: Pacific Rift
Ridge Racer 7
Heavenly Sword
Final Fantasy XIII Versus
Final Fantasy XIV
God of War III
The Last Guardian
Heavy Rain
The Agency
DC Universe Online
Buzz!: Quiz TV
Afrika
Warhawk

Key Wii exclusives:

Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Super Paper Mario
Super Mario Kart Wii
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Wario Land: The Shake Dimension
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Metroid: Other M
Pokemon Battle Revolution
Animal Crossing: Let's Go to the City
Red Steel
Red Steel 2
The Conduit
Wii Sports
Wii Sports Resort
Wii Play
Wii Fit
Wii Fit Plus
Wii Music
Endless Ocean
Endless Ocean 2

Obviously Nintendo has a lot more to offer than this small list of exclusives but, these titles are the ones who have been given a larger amount of PR and have been more higly rated than some of the other titles on the platform. One problem Nintendo does have is, over-doing the whole Mario i think he has like 2 or 3 other games for the system. Nintendo have been banking on Mario for too long, while i know he sells, a fresh product would be great for a change. I am not knocking Nintendo in anways since i own a Wii and have owned all Nintendo systems to date, except GBC :D Anyways discuss... :D

PsychedelicJellyfish

formerly R. New
More good (or uh, really bad) examples would include:

Deal or no deal 2
The game of Gravity
*insertfurrypetanimalhere*z
Imagine *insert anything here*

And what REALLy annoys me is they all have wii and DS versions. Double the waste.

Seriously, Nintendo need quality control. I feel like a second video game crash is coming.

Imagine Fascist Despot. When that comes out, I shall be happy.

Doctor Who Top Trumps is another example. We need this game because...why? If you want to play Top Trumps, buy Top Trumps. It costs less.

Night Shadow

BRRAAP BRRAAP

That's because some companies want to make some quick cash since those types of games appeal to younger kids and their parents will get them for them. Or the senario, your retarded Aunt and Uncle/Cousins buy you it for Christmas.

Night Shadow

BRRAAP BRRAAP
Which is why I ban my parents from buying me games after that whole "Big Rigs" incident...

I just tell my relatives what to get me. My Grandma comes over to my house with a catalog and she's all like, "Okay, what do you want for Christmas sweetie." And I'm all like, "Uhh, get me a gift card to EB Games and let's see (flips through catalog), this, this, that, and those."

There we go, a Christmas story in June.

Cobalt_Latios

So what you're saying is that all 360/PS3 fans only want "pretty environments to splatter blood and gore onto"? We don't give **** about gameplay? Wow...what?
That's a pretty shallow argument, no?

Thats a typical stereotype for 360/PS3 fans, oh, forgot to mention the word guns.
I thought it was grafix hore. Oh well, same deal.

Also, I've noticed that some Wii versions of multi-console games aren't getting the short end of the stick as always. Like Ghostbusters: the video game. I played it, and I must say it was rather good. I haven't played it on the 360 yet, but that's where I'll probably buy it for. However, considering the price, I may just stick with the Wii version.

*C_L*

Zazie

So 1991
Wii haters ARE 360/PS3 fans.

So all 360/PS3 fans hate the Wii? Just because you like one console doesn't mean you have to hate all the others.

One of the biggest problems with society today is this "you're with me or against me" attitude. You're supposed to pick a side and stick to it. You have to mindlessley praise whatever it is you like and mindlessly attack anyone with a different opinion. Why because you want to win? Win what? It doesn't matter as long as win. You can't ever admit you are wrong or agree with the enemy or you lose. Who is the enemy? Anyone who disagrees with you on anything even if they agree with you on other things.

Of course this attitude applies to video games.

Last edited: