• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How to do a new future main character for main anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashton Ketchum

Many fans are afraid that if the next generation will no more Ash as a main protagonist, a new hero is not very interesting, and a copy of Ash. This topic will be offering their own ideas of what should be a new hero to make it interesting.
Here's my version - a new hero should look like Wally and have an unusual relationship with his first Pokémon (also very cute. From space. And in general - I feel that the topic of the next generation will be space). For whom vehemently pursues new villainous organization. What will remind LBX. The new hero will be helping their Pokemon find friends in earth, and this pokemon to help to make friends with others who are caught. And perhaps with the help of Ash, as champion-mentor-agent of international police.
Well, you're ideas…

Red and Blue

My idea for a new main would be for her to be female. It would be a great change of pace. Also, like the OP suggested, do something else besides gym battles or contests. Having Ash as her mentor is a good idea and maybe have him be the person she intends to surpass one day

phanpycross

God-king
-Give him/her a new signature pokemon that isnt pikachu.

-Take steps to diffrence this new series for Ash's series; make the protagonist a legendary, have actual romantic sub-plots(I would assume this is easier to do when the MC doesnt have to stick around), give him/her a secondary hobby (sky battler, swimmer, Rhyhorn-racer).

Red and Blue

Also bump up his/her age by a few years. Have him/her be a teenager instead of ten years old.

Red and Blue

uh and what do you do with Ash?

Have him succed in his goals and maybe be a mentor to the new main character. This is just a hypothetical thread about what type of person the new MC would be should the writers decide to end Ash's story

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Many fans are afraid that if the next generation will no more Ash as a main protagonist

I don't understand these fears at all though. We're barely halfway through XY and nothing is known about Gen 7/the next saga, much less if Ash would even leave. :x

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I'd like to see a new protagonist that's female with a new goal that can be used instead of the gym badge quest, along with no mention of Ash or Team Rocket whatsoever tbh.

Ashton Ketchum

No, better to the new hero is a boy. It must be a guy at the end of its story to be like Ethan/Gold. And girl protagonist better for 8th Generation.

Red and Blue

Why does the the new MC have to be a boy? What's wrong with a female main?

I don't think they'll do multiple protagonist if they end Ash's journey. They may use the new main for quite a few generations

Last edited:

Majestic Snivy

I don't see why they couldn't fast forward a number of years and have Ash's kid as the protagonist. He could still make some special appearances, and it would bring some familiarity to an otherwise completely new setting.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I don't see why they couldn't fast forward a number of years and have Ash's kid as the protagonist.

And I don't see why he can't simply stick around as the protagonist. I mean I don't like him much but apparently kids do, so I see no reason why he'd be replaced.

BJack

Zura
I don't see why they couldn't fast forward a number of years and have Ash's kid as the protagonist. He could still make some special appearances, and it would bring some familiarity to an otherwise completely new setting.

why it has to be Ash's kid? it can be like Inazuma Eleven

Pokemon Power

I'm not sure it's gonna happen, but if it does, I think they should do a time-skip and let the new main character be Ash's child.

Majestic Snivy

It doesn't have to be, but I think that could be interesting with his child trying to live up to his (or her) father's greatness (this would be assuming that Ash actually starts winning some leagues over the years).

tommytoe

Many fans are afraid that if the next generation will no more Ash as a main protagonist, a new hero is not very interesting, and a copy of Ash.
Ash is interesting? :p

But anyway, I think rather than scrapping Ash overnight (appealing as that idea is) he should be gradually phased out. Let him win the League in this season, then introduce a new character designed to take over, let Ash fill the mentor role that Brock used to play and over the course of a couple seasons reduce Ash's importance until he's no longer needed then drop him completely.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Terrible fanfiction material spotted.

Anyways this is a marketing tool Anime, so some elements will be respected, it won't appeal to a western mature audience so drop your angsty need of edginess or "maturity" and romance, it will have tools relatable to the target age wich are Japanese kids. There will be a TR expy Japan loves them and get will recycle it. As a marketing animation don't expect arc writing since it's easy to cover episodic elements from both a writing and marketing aspects.

Hope that helps to focus the wish listing in elements that would most likely happen.

Last edited:

tommytoe

Terrible fanfiction material spotted.

Anyways this is a marketing tool Anime, so some elements will be respected, it won't appeal to a western mature audience so drop your angsty need of edginess or "maturity" and romance, it will have tools relatable to the target age wich are Japanese kids. There will be a TR expy Japan loves them and get will recycle it. As a marketing animation don't expect arc writing since it's easy to cover episodic elements from both a writing and marketing aspects.

Hope that helps to focus the wish listing in elements that would most likely happen.

As far as Pokemon appealing to older audiences goes and at the risk of looking egoistical, I'll quote my self from this thread: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showth...rds-adults&p=17671109&highlight=#post17671109

I think pokemon fan 132 nailed it. Pokemon doesn't have to turn into Akira or anything just to appeal to anyone over 10. There is a middle ground between sugary rainbow sweetness like My Little Pony (to be fair I’ve never actually watched it so I’m just guessing) and dark, complex series like Puella Magi Madoka Magica that put the characters through all sorts of psychological torture. Avatar: The Last Airbender is a perfect example. Wikipedia lists the intended demographic as 6-11 (seriously?) but it features parental abuse, war, genocide, murder, the episode “Appa’s Lost Days” won an award from US Humane Society for its accurate portrayal of animal cruelty, and one of the characters is reduced to an insane screaming wreck by the end.

But it also has balances out all the darkness and drama with lots of light hearted episodes and fun storylines so well that it has a pretty big fanbase well outside its target demographic. Heck, I know people in collage (myself in included) who love the show and still watch it nearly seven years after the finale. So, it is possible for so called “kid’s shows” like Pokemon to appeal to adults that aren’t watching just for the sake of nostalgia. There's no need for a second anime, just put much more solid and consistent writing and effort into the current show.

The quality is a bit shoddy and there’s another scene that intercuts with this one that was removed but here’s an example of what the 11 and under ATLA is allowed to portray: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yycpDyhH9gg Spoilers about how Zuko's banishment and how he got his scar. I don't think Pokemon needs to be that dark but I don't see any reason not to make it a bit more mature.

Status
Not open for further replies.