• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How to Find Evolution Items

SilverQuil

FireMohawk of DOOM
Hello
I was wondering what the best strategy is to find specific evolution items in PMD games. On Blue Rescue Team right now, I'm looking for a Sun Ribbon for my Eevee, and on Explorers of Sky, I'm looking for a Water Stone for my Eevee and a Fire Stone for my Vulpix. However, if anyone has any tips on how to find other evolution items, I'm sure there are other players out there who could use the information.
In my Explorers of Sky game, I've been looking on Shimmer Hill for Keckleon shops with evolution items - I know they're there because I've seen them there before. However, they don't show up very often, and sometimes I'll go through the entire dungeon without seeing a single Keckleon shop. According to the Items page on Serebii's EoS guide, random Keckleon shops with evolution items appear in Mystic Forest and Joy Tower. But I don't think that's exactly how the dungeon names are translated in-game, so it's hard for me to tell exactly which dungeons those are. I thought maybe Mystic Forest could be Midnight Forest, so I went through there again to check it out, but I didn't find anything. Maybe Mystic Forest is actually Mystifying Forest? I don't know.
Anyway, I'd appreciate advice on how to find specific evolution items in PMD.

Mr. Ribbles

Cubchoo Lover
One way you could do it is by wondermail generators, I guess. But if you want to go totally legit, yeah, i'd keep going for the way you're doin. Anyway, question. Are you sure you're looking at a pmd Sky guide? I could swear i've seen the name 'Joy Tower' in the original pmd, but not pmd2, unless im missing it in my time, it has like, pretty much every dungeon you can currently get. xD

Nightstar1994

I would actually have the same question, only for the 3DS version. Exactly, how to get the Thunder Stone to evolve Pikachu. I think that you can find one in the Magnagates, but i'm not sure yet.

Ditto B1tch

Evolution stones can be bought in Kecleon Shops occasionally found inside dungeons or by accomplishing regular tasks in the bulletin board. However, tasks that give stones as reward are quite rare. You could use a Wonder Mail Code generator to generate tasks that award you the item you're looking for. I've been using this one:

http://apointlessplace.net/wms/wmgenerate.html

It's still beta, but has always worked fine with me. Enjoy it and have fun!

Last edited:

MegaSerperior

<--- My life
I'm assuming by Mystic Forest it means Mystifying Forest. That and Shimmer Hill is where I usually find Kecleon Shops in Exploeres of Sky.

Meeker

It needs a fence.
I found a leaf stone at a kecleon shop in a dungeon once, and a sun ribbon in a chest once, it's not common at all to get said items, so leave no stone unturned, and keep your eyes open.