• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How to make the anime perfect?

• Thread starter Deleted member 384931
  • Start date

Sword master zacian

Let me try
OS : make misty get totodile ,made her more active on her goal like fishing, made marina OI her main rival, make sakura ash rival and joined the league replace the quilava girl ( ash barely use totodile so it didn't affect the story and almost all johto is filler )
AG : may catch swablu and ralts for Max
DP : not released ambipom, Dawn Beat Zoey Once
BW : Iris catch snivy, cilan catch emolga
Ash didn't catch palpitoad ( It can be replace by sandlile for his battle with Elesa)
XY : make serena catch more pokemon, and make another routine ( her routine in all showcase just fire dancing , no creativity ) more interaction between Clemont x Serena, Ash x Bonnie, Make helolisk to the main cast and let magneton under clembot.
SM : Lana catch Dewpider, show Shaymin and sandy battle power, make the school more like school ( it's like only 6 of them going to school)
PM : Go active train his pokemon
Really totodile+polwhirl both for misty in one episode literally so unfair totodile fit ash i prefer remove brock mudkip/marshtomp give it to misty
Iris snivy good match but its not a dragon pokemon :( Ash and snivy not a big fan but its ok but make it evolve to serperior
Cilan and snivy gotta think about it

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Replace current anime and make a Pokemon Colosseum anime
hqdefault.jpg

Mythical-Moonlight

Lol in all seriousness though the anime is doing fine for me right now

Tho a criticism I do have for the series overall is that they should start treating their Starters more equally.

Imo it really sucks that there has to be a "Shillmon" in each Generation while the other 2 are left in the dust

It's only gotten worse with each passing Generation and I'm tired of it

Leonhart

Imagineer
I'm actually fine with the anime. I might criticize a few things every now and then, but I'm not entitled enough to expect the anime to cater to my every whim. I really like what the writers are doing with Satoshi in this series since he's competent while still having an interesting personality, and Gou's been very relatable since he acts more like how I'd expect a kid would act without him becoming a Satoshi clone.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
*Get rid of TR, they serve no purpose and aren't humorous at all
*Have Ash age a year or two every series
*Have Ash carry his pokemon with him always so that Pikachu isn't every 1 on 1 battle pokemon.
*Have Go battle more and use and develop his pokemon more
*More callbacks to older series including older pokemon and older characters returning
*Have the episode plots include more call backs to the past series like Ash visiting Pidgeot in the viridian forest or visiting Goodra in the marsh
*More mini companion return arcs like when Brock and Misty returned for a bit except Ash is visiting them this time instead of them always coming to him

Red and Blue

Not that I think it would make the anime perfect but I would appreciate a timeskip for Gen 9. Regardless if they keep Ash or replace him with a new lead

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Hard to say since everyone likes different things, but I would favor a more balanced cast which include the companions doing more activities, participate in more battles, saving the days more and varied cast owned Pokemon interactions.

Sidagam

Balance everyones Pokemon teams a bit more (a lot more in some cases). XY and DP are my favourite series, but Pokemon like Noivern, Torterra and Buizel didn't get enough time to shine, or just straight up started losing all the time. Their Win records really suffered.

Stop with the late, rush developed (or worse, underdeveloped) capture. Glalie, Gible and Noivern were all caught too late into their regions. Just have them caught earlier

Stop releasing Pokemon. Goodra's release was annoying in the middle of XY and could have offered so much more (easy storyline, it evolved too fast and now is scared of its new power and doesn't want to battle). And Greninja's release was incredibly forced. Piopole should have stayed and evolved with Ash, helping him win a trial at least.

Serena should have established her goal earlier. Iris should have had a more defined goal, or at least actively worked towards it, maybe even (gasp!) catch some Dragon Pokemon early in BW.

I'm really liking the current Anime and Ash's captures, and that they are going for a mix of established experienced Mons and Mons that need development. Actually feels like Ash is an incredibly experienced trainer who has won titles before. I do worry they'll go overboard with captures though and they'll lose focus. Hope they don't.

Bring back reserves, but ONLY for important battles, tournaments or Arcs (chuck in an evolution or 3). I really want to see a lot of them again, but not at the expense of current team members. The main focus HAS to be on them.

Scale down team rocket. They're pretty annoying at this point

More continuity and old Characters reoccurring please. That's always fun

Add an Overarching Villain plot. XYZs was really good

Leonhart

Imagineer
AznKei said:
Hard to say since everyone likes different things, but I would favor a more balanced cast which include the companions doing more activities, participate in more battles, saving the days more and varied cast owned Pokemon interactions.

Balancing out the cast members would at least be something that most fans would've wanted to see in the past. It's not much of a problem now since we only have two cast members and they both get a decent amount of attention, but in the past we had characters like Takeshi, who was a third wheel and hardly needed.

HeartThrob6000

Certified Lover
Throw all the anime's ideas out to the window and just adapt Pokemon Adventures. There. You have single-handedly fixed almost every complaint that both young and older Pokemon fans have of the anime. Your younger children audience is happy and your older audience who grew up with Pokemon is happy.

Myself and many others have been wanting Pokémon Adventures to be adapted into an anime for years, even if it was just the 'Red Saga'.

I always felt like they should've gone this route instead of releasing Pokémon Origins.

Mythical-Moonlight

Another criticism I have with the anime is how LOOOONG they take for the female characters to find a darn Goal!

It took Serena forever to find a Goal
It took Lillie forever to find a Goal
And now it's looking the same way for Koharu

Not only is it getting repetitive it also quite annoying and boring af to see these girls remaining stagnant for a large sum of the series.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Myself and many others have been wanting Pokémon Adventures to be adapted into an anime for years, even if it was just the 'Red Saga'.

I always felt like they should've gone this route instead of releasing Pokémon Origins.
Honestly the problem with this thread is that it's not really asking for the "perfect" Pokemon anime but rather the "perfect" execution of a bad idea, an over 20 year long series focusing on the immortal Ash and his macguffin, the Pokemon Master. Unlike other series where you know the hero is going to eventually reach their goal and it's all about the journey to reach to that goal, for Ash's journey it seems like everything he does often pushes him away from his goal, especially every time they give a soft reboot to each series. It's why so many people were taken by complete surprise that Ash won the Alolan league because it seemed like the SM series had Ash farther away from his goal than working towards it and thus the Alolan win felt almost out of nowhere for the sake of Ash winning a league.