• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How to read ivs?

keithpetrosky

I don’t know why this confuses me so much, but why did they have to put each iv on the line of the chart between each and not in the triangle!? Where is each iv placed is there a photo guide?

Saberu

I'm just going to take a sec and look it up in the game where I already impressed the IV judge... I still haven't hatched all those eggs again in Ultra Moon. =/ Okay, more like haven't even made it to the battle tree. Wish I hadn't restarted.

I had some trouble understanding what you're asking but I'll take my best shot anyway. There's a "point" of each IV on the line and the blue stuff between those lines is just to make it look like a shape. What you really should pay attention to is the words under each stat. "Pretty good" means it's between a certain amount. The only things that matter most of the time are "best" (IV of 31, naturally) and "no good" (I'm not in the habit of doing trick room, though). "Fantastic" means that the IV is 30. I always read the words instead of trying to look at the chart. I get why you'd be confused... I hope that helped.

If you're breeding competitively, most of the time I personally just use those three. 31 most of the time, 0 in some situations, and 30 for hidden power situations. If your Pokémon doesn't have perfect IVs, I recommend bottle caps... and if you're not breeding for competitive, I don't think there's much reason to worry about IVs!

Anyway, that was fun. I'm going to go fight my way to the battle tree now.