• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How to Save Serebii (PG-13)

Dormant

I'M A TREE RAWR
Great Chapter!! I love the Grovyle. No, not like that. I meant the character.

Man, A Dunsparce. I wonder why Grovyle rather chose that Pokemon instead of the other Pokemon that Prof. Oak showed her. She should have picked the Koffing when she had a chance(*wink*wink*) JK.

My little Pony!! This time with DONUTS!!

Your awesomeness is limitless!! :)

So Dormant;429; signing off..

Keldminrachi91

Just call me Cooki
Great Chapter!! I love the Grovyle. No, not like that. I meant the character.

Man, A Dunsparce. I wonder why Grovyle rather chose that Pokemon instead of the other Pokemon that Prof. Oak showed her. She should have picked the Koffing when she had a chance(*wink*wink*) JK.

My little Pony!! This time with DONUTS!!

Your awesomeness is limitless!! :)

I get it :) Same goes for me (with Arceus, that is)

XD Koffing... And reasons for Grovyle choosing Dunsparce will be later revealed (maybe) :)

Ya! What's better than pony marriages with Pokémon and donuts?

Aww, thanks! :)

Keldminrachi91

Just call me Cooki
The chapter had two references to cliches, so the title made sense, at least to me.

Anyways, good chapter, and I hope you can get the next one out soon.

I had actually had trouble titling this one, and am having the cursed writer's block about halfway through the third chapter, so TBH, I don't know how soon the next one'll be out. Less than a week, I hope! And I guess I was trying to establish clichés for the fic itself rather than using ones already established. For example, the *pause for dramatic effect* and overusing the enter/return key in the Serebii parts :) If that's even possible, that is...

TheBlackDuelist

@pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
Oh man...this story is....well it's.....(pauses for dramatic effect) weird. But in a good humorus way and I love me some humour. Grovyle is now one of my favourite pokemon :p

Keldminrachi91

Just call me Cooki
Oh man...this story is....well it's.....(pauses for dramatic effect) weird. But in a good humorus way and I love me some humour. Grovyle is now one of my favourite pokemon :p

Yes, I try to make it really random, but have some support behind it. Yay, I've officially made *pause for dramatic effect* a couple of people like Grovyle! TBH, I never really liked Grovyle until PMD: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky came out, but ever since I've loved it! PM list?

Chapter Three has befallen us, and now holds the record for the shortest title!

Chapter Three: Him

The Eevee scratched her head and yawned as her trainer continued through Route 1. She followed him, although battles were few and far between, probably because her trainer was avoiding the strangely tall grass that Pokémon seem to love to hide in. When Eevee did get a chance to battle, it was against a Pidgey or a Rattata, hardly much of a battle. The boy had reasons for avoiding the grass, to which will not yet be revealed.

“Eevee, shh, someone’s coming!” he said, albeit quietly. His Eevee stopped and turned around, her body motionless and her ears pointed in the direction of two voices, both feminine. One seemed to be yelling about Grovyle and Dunsparce, while the other was trying to hush her up, although she wasn’t doing a very good job. The boy walked faster, and his Eevee noisily followed, both fully aware someone was behind them.

“Hey, Grovyle, I think I heard something!” Dizzy said, putting a hand over Grovyle’s mouth. They were both quiet for a minute, and sure enough, Dizzy was right. They walked stealthily forward, when Grovyle shouted

“It’s the boy with the pencil! Get him!” The boy turned and saw them, and began running, so the obvious thing that Dizzy and Grovyle did was run after him. Grovyle was much faster, and caught up to the boy in a matter of seconds. He jumped on him and they both tumbled to the ground.

“GET THIS THING OFF OF ME!” the boy yelled, being crushed by Grovyle. Eevee tried tackling Grovyle off, but she failed. Miserably. Dizzy caught up to them and managed to get Grovyle off and helped the boy up. Then, out of nowhere, a slow song played and Dizzy couldn’t hear a word the boy was saying. This was all happening in Dizzy's mind, because she's in-

“Hello? Are you listening?”

“Huh? Wha-? Oh, sorry, what’d you say?”

“I asked you if this was your Grovyle!”

“Uh, no, this is my friend, Princess Halibu-something, and I’m nice to meet you.” She replied, in la-la land.

“What?”

“Uh, I mean, I’m Dizzy. What’s your name?”

“Alex.” He said.

“So, here’s the deal kid, you know that pencil you have? We need that.” Grovyle cut in.

“And, exactly why do you need this pencil?”

“Uh, um, we just need it, okay!” Grovyle said, reaching for Alex’s pocket.

“Guess what? No pencil unless you tell me why you need it.” He said, taking it out of his pocket and hiding it behind his back.

“We need it so we can open a portal to Serebii.net where we need to save the world’s creativity because the evil moderators are plotting to destroy all the creativity.” Dizzy said before Grovyle had a chance to answer. Before Alex could respond back, Grovyle pulled Dizzy behind a bush.

“Dizzy! What are you thinking?! Why on earth would you tell him why we need the pencil?!? That is TOP SECRET!!!”

“Uh, uh, yeah, sure. Well, it’s too late now.”

“Um, you know I can hear every single word you’re saying? Might as well come out of the bush; it’s not doing you any good.” Dizzy and Grovyle came out from behind the shrubbery.

“So, I’ll cut to the chase. I’ll give you the pencil-“

“Alright, so hand it over and we’ll be on our way.”

“You didn’t let me finish. I was going to say I’ll give it to you if you let me join you. Y’ know, while you’re saving the world and stuff.”

“Yes!” Dizzy said without thinking.

“So I don’t get a say in this?”

“Well, because you would say no, and I’m the author here!”

“Whoa, you’re an author? That’s kind of cool.”

“Uh, thanks…” Dizzy said, her face redder than a Simisear’s rear end.

“Is this your Eevee?” Grovyle asked.

“Yeah, why?”

“I hate Eevee. They always mock me with their fluffy fur and hugable size.”

“I don’t think Eevee likes that.” Dizzy said, although that was the understatement of the century.

“Eevee! Eeeeveeee!” Eevee screamed, pawing the dirt and kicking up dust.

“That is very offensive and a very colorful use of words!”

“What’d she say?” Dizzy asked.

“Dizzy, because there may be children reading, and because this is only rated PG-13, I can’t tell you.”

*pause for dramatic effect*

*pause because the characters aren’t talking*

“Anyways, Alex, don’t you find it weird that Grovyle can talk?”

“Nah, not really. I’m used to weird things like that. Don’t really know why, though. I guess because my family is really weird.”

“Eevee! Eeeeveeee! Veee Eevee!” Eevee said.

“What’d she say?” Dizzy asked

“Dizzy, let me tell you now, I will not, I repeat will NOT be the translator.”

“Geez, you don’t have to be so snappy.”

“Master S, we have heard word of…Him.”

Master S gazed into the black glasses of a man in a green suit standing at his desk.

“Him? How is that even possible? He was fired years ago.”

“I don’t know, sir, but he’s back. As a Pokémon, I should say.”

“No wonder he managed to slip under our eyes for so long. How did you find him?”

“He has been very busy, I should say.”

“Doing what?”

“That I do not know, Master.”

“His location?”

“Cinabar Island, in the Kanto region.”

“Get Psy and Drago. And come back here with them.” Master S said, folding his hands.

“Yes sir.” The man said, exiting the room.

A few minutes of walking and elevator music later…

“Psy, Drago, Master S has requested for you.” The man said, finding the two women in the, you guessed it, lounge.

“Alright, we’re coming.” Drago said, reluctantly getting up and leaving her coffee. Master S couldn’t stand anything about coffee, and thus had the lounge built on the opposite side of the building, on one of the lowest of hundreds of floors. The two women got up and left with the man.

A few more minutes of walking and about thirty seconds of elevator music later…

“What happened to the elevator?!”

“I believe it was jammed, Psy. Calm down, we can just take the stairs.” Drago said, reassuring her moderating friend.

“I picked the wrong day to wear high heels, didn’t I?”

Many minutes of walking up stairs later…

“D*mnit, I broke a heel!”

Many minutes of hobbling, hopping, and eventually just barefoot walking up stairs later…

“Thank you for bringing them, Bob. Now, the three of you will be going to Pallet Town and tracking down Him. Capture Him and bring him back here. That is all.”

“Yes Master.” Bob Anderson Billison answered as the three left the room. They walked (or in Psy’s case hobbled and hopped) down the seemingly endless flights of stairs, where they flew to Cinnabar using jet packs.

“I remember this route.” Grovyle mumbled under her breath.

“What was that, Grovyle?” Dizzy asked.

“Uh, nothing. Hey, look, there’s a something ahead of us!”

“And by ‘a something’ I assume you mean Viridian City?”

“Well, yeah, I meant whatever city is right there, of course.”

“Sure.” Alex said very sarcastically.

“Whatever floats your boat. Or doesn’t.” Dizzy said, obviously referencing when Grovyle miserably missed jumping the boat.

“Shut up, we’re in Vertigo City or whatever you said.” For once, Grovyle was right; for they were not in Viridian City, because the sign clearly said “Welcome to Vertigo City” in big black letters.

“But the map says Viridian!” Dizzy exclaimed, looking back and forth from the sign to the map and back.

“Dizzy the maps are from 2000 or something, and the government is too lazy and stupid to do anything like updating it.”

“Uh, yeah, I knew that.”

“Dizzy, you’re being weird. Are you okay?” Grovyle asked.

“Uh, yeah, I’m fine, couldn’t be butter!”

“Well, I hope Pokémon Centers also function as hospitals for people!”

“I do not need medical attention, Grovyle!”

“Are you sure because it seems like *pause because Grovyle realizes something you probably realized a long time ago* Oh, you do need medical attention…From the Doctor of L-“ Grovyle tried to finish, but Dizzy covered her mouth.

“Shut up, Grovyle, okay? I’m not afraid to use my amazing writing powers to ruin your vocal cords!

“Well, I’ll let you two keep talking while I go be the first Pokémon character to use the bathroom.” Alex said, walking into the Pokémon Center. The second the doors shut Dizzy too her hands off of Grovyle’s mouth. That was a big mistake. I will warn you now, Grovyle taunts are worse than any other kind of taunt because of:

“ALEX AND DIZZY SITTING IN A TREE, K-I-S-S-I-N-G! FIRST COMES LOVE THEN COMES-

“SHUT UP ALREADY! I THINK THE WHOLE WORLD KNOWS THAT I LIKE ALEX! “

“Well, that was the whole point.”

And then Dizzy slapped her square on the face.

Last edited:

Dormant

I'M A TREE RAWR
YAAY!!! NEW CHAPTER!!!

Why is Princess Luna in the banner?! You made a banner!? Awesome!

Dizzy and Alex... SHIPPING!!!

Grovyle and Eevee... RIVALS!!!

Grovyle's overreaction is very funny!

Keep up the good work!!

Keldminrachi91

Just call me Cooki
YAAY!!! NEW CHAPTER!!!

Why is Princess Luna in the banner?! You made a banner!? Awesome!

Dizzy and Alex... SHIPPING!!!

Grovyle and Eevee... RIVALS!!!

Grovyle's overreaction is very funny!

Keep up the good work!!

Yay, someone noticed the banner! And I didn't make it; Tini did :)

Luna... You will see... Can't say anymore...

Thank you; I saw the new chapter of Author's Run... :)

Keldminrachi91

Just call me Cooki
Pshshahhahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahhahahhahahahhaapshshahhahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahhahahhahahahhaapshshahhahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahhahahhahahahhaapshshahhahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahhahahhahahahhaapshshahhahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahhahahhahahahhaapshshahhahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahhahahhahahahhaapshshahhahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahhahahhahahahhaapshshahhahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahhahahhahahahhaapshshahhahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahhahahhahahahhaapshshahhahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahhahahhahahahhaapshshahhahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahhahahhahahahhaapshshahhahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahhahahhahahahhaapshshahhahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahhahahhahahahhaapshshahhahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahhahahhahahahhaapshshahhahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahhahahhahahahhaapshshahhahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahhahahhahahahhaapshshahhahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahhahahhahahahhaapshshahhahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahhahahhahahahhaapshshahhahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahhahahhahahahhaapshshahhahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahhahahhahahahhaapshshahhahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahhahahhahahahhaapshshahhahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahhahahhahahahhaapshshahhahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahhahahhahahahhaapshshahhahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahhahahhahahahhaapshshahhahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahhahahhahahahhaapshshahhahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahhahahhahahahhaapshshahhahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahhahahhahahahhaapshshahhahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahhahahhahahahhaapshshahhahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahhahahhahahahhaapshshahhahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahhahahhahahahhaapshshahhahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahhahahhahahahhaapshshahhahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahhahahhahahahhaa

Whoa, haha overload! XD
I'm guessing you're laughing, right? ;) Just a lucky guess...

Jorge565

Magikarp
Just read all 3 chapters and loved it. Could you
Add me to the pm list please?

Edit: well sorry for the spam :p
Well, i like the love thing starting with alex and dizzy and to make it even more hilarious make it a love triangle!! And make the two girls rivas trying to compete for alex's attention. If you already have that planned sorry for ruining it :p lol. Keep it up with this great fic hope your writer's block gets cured so you can keep the fic going .

Last edited:

Psychic

Really and truly
As a reminder to readers, please put some substance into your replies.
11) The following posts are considered SPAM and will get you into trouble with the Mods:
–Posts that say nothing about the fic itself such as: “I like this fic!” “That was awesome!” “You’re a great writer!” These kinds of posts can be posted anywhere and don’t show that the poster even read the story. If a writer put in the effort to write a fic, the least you can do it type up a few lines’ reply.​
Generally, a post in reply to a Fan Fiction thread should consist of:
  1. What you liked and thought was well-done in the story
  2. What you didn’t like and thought could have been better in the story
  3. Tips on what the writer can to do to improve his/her writing for the future
Just because the story is a comedy does not mean posts herein are above the rules.

And, no I don't have a problem with my "likeness" being used here - after all, this story is partly to thank for inspiring my April Fools' Day fic, so some thanks are in order. :>
(Though it's a shame none of the staff member characters have much personality, but that's another story I'd rather cover in a review.)

~Psychic

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
A reminder that reviews need to conform to the rules in place here. Spamming a lot of HAHAHAHAHAs or just saying that you read it and liked it pm list me falls short of a constructive review!

Please state some things specific to the story. What parts did you like? Why? Anything you felt could be better? That's more useful for the author, and then it's a review that couldn't be just copy pasted into any other fic thread without change.

Keldminrachi91

Just call me Cooki
Okay, I just want to say that when I checked my subscribed threads, I saw that bobandbill posted, and I had a heart attack. I was literally yelling "OMG A MOD READS MY FIC!!" Then I saw the posts, and I think they handled it enough (plus I don't want to be a mini-mod), so I'll leave it at that.

So, I have a little bit of bad news; Chapter Four won't be coming out for awhile because
A) That darned Writer's Block
B) I have a bunch of major tests to study for, and most likely won't have a lot of time to write. But, Ill post the chapter as soon as I can, just don't be surprised when it *probably* comes out after a longer time period than the other chapters.

That is all.
~Keldminrachi91

Dormant

I'M A TREE RAWR
Okay, I just want to say that when I checked my subscribed threads, I saw that bobandbill posted, and I had a heart attack. I was literally yelling "OMG A MOD READS MY FIC!!" Then I saw the posts, and I think they handled it enough (plus I don't want to be a mini-mod), so I'll leave it at that.

So, I have a little bit of bad news; Chapter Four won't be coming out for awhile because
A) That darned Writer's Block
B) I have a bunch of major tests to study for, and most likely won't have a lot of time to write. But, Ill post the chapter as soon as I can, just don't be surprised when it *probably* comes out after a longer time period than the other chapters.

That is all.
~Keldminrachi91

Pfft. Lucky. JK!! XD

And it's not A Mod. TWO Mods have read this fic!

Yeah, I know how you feel. Writer's Block is one of the most annoying things that the Author has to go through.

Well, I hope you pass the tests. It must be very frustrating. :(

Oh well, Test are test! I wish thee well! I'm a little sad that chapters will arrive in a longer period....

Keldminrachi91

Just call me Cooki
Pfft. Lucky. JK!! XD

And it's not A Mod. TWO Mods have read this fic!

Yeah, I know how you feel. Writer's Block is one of the most annoying things that the Author has to go through.

Well, I hope you pass the tests. It must be very frustrating. :(

Oh well, Test are test! I wish thee well! I'm a little sad that chapters will arrive in a longer period....

Well, by a mod, I meant that on my subscribed threads list, there was only the most recent post, which was bobandbill's, but when I read it, I saw it was two mods, but...Wait, if they had to post the review- correction thing, does that mean...OMG, TWO MODS READ MY FIC!!! because, how else would they have known about the reviews unless they read the fic?

Speaking of, I will have plenty of time for about the next three days to write, so if anyone has any tips about my writing, feel free to tell me! And I mean more/less detail/dialogue, grammar, pace, etc. tips. Basically, tips about my writing, and how I can improve it, because I know there has to be something I can do better; I'm only in middle school, so my writing can't be perfect. ;)

Jorge565

Magikarp
Well, by a mod, I meant that on my subscribed threads list, there was only the most recent post, which was bobandbill's, but when I read it, I saw it was two mods, but...Wait, if they had to post the review- correction thing, does that mean...OMG, TWO MODS READ MY FIC!!! because, how else would they have known about the reviews unless they read the fic?

Speaking of, I will have plenty of time for about the next three days to write, so if anyone has any tips about my writing, feel free to tell me! And I mean more/less detail/dialogue, grammar, pace, etc. tips. Basically, tips about my writing, and how I can improve it, because I know there has to be something I can do better; I'm only in middle school, so my writing can't be perfect. ;)

:eek: you should be proud because you barely in middle school and you can write this good. I'm in middle school too and I'm not even close to being as good as you lol :p
Anyways a suggestion is to describe/set the setting better. So far when you switch.settings you're not really describing them . For example , You could say "into the green fields with the blissful breeze fluttering past my face." This is not necessity, but I think it could probably make this fic better. But the again what would I know, after all writing is my weakest subject :p. Maybe you should try asking experienced writers if this would make it better.
And keep trying your best :D

Last edited:

Keldminrachi91

Just call me Cooki
:eek: you should be proud because you barely in middle school and you can write this good. I'm in middle school too and I'm not even close to being as good as you lol :p
Anyways a suggestion is to describe/set the setting better. So far when you switch.settings you're not really describing them . For example , You could say "into the green fields with the blissful breeze fluttering past my face." This is not necessity, but I think it could probably make this fic better. But the again what would I know, after all writing is my weakest subject :p. Maybe you should try asking experienced writers if this would make it better.
And keep trying your best :D

Aww, thanks! And I will try to be a little more descriptive in future chapters, I do know that there is way more dialogue than description, and the little bit there is is mainly describing other things. Although this will definitely be tough, because I can't overload it, otherwise I feel it would take away from the humorous aspect, which I personally think is the best thing about this (me and my sixth grade bias!) So, thank you very much for the advice, because I was really hoping someone would just say what they don't like about this, I understand it's not perfect, but I need your guys' help to improve it.

Also, DO NOT be afraid to hurt my feelings because there is a good bit of things you see wrong. If I didn't want anybody to tell me what was wrong, I wouldn't have posted this on the Internet, especially not on a sight where the majority of people are older and more knowledgeable than me in just about everything. If you see things that you have an idea of how to correct, then by all means tell me! Just as long as you have at least a remote idea of what I could do to fix it, even if it's just a little idea. Now, I may be wrong here, but as reviewers and readers, I personally don't think it's your job to rewrite what was wrong in this fic; it is your job to help improve the writer's abilities through critiquing, correcting, and reviewing in general. So if you find something wrong, even if you can't find the absolute best way to say it, I need you to tell me. Just as long as you aren't flaming, I'm okay with constructive criticism (the story of my middle school life, BTW), even if you can't find as many positive things to say as negative. (Although praising doesn't hurt...;))

Last edited:

Keldminrachi91

Just call me Cooki
Just read all 3 chapters and loved it. Could you
Add me to the pm list please?

Edit: well sorry for the spam :p
Well, i like the love thing starting with alex and dizzy and to make it even more hilarious make it a love triangle!! And make the two girls rivas trying to compete for alex's attention. If you already have that planned sorry for ruining it :p lol. Keep it up with this great fic hope your writer's block gets cured so you can keep the fic going .

I wasn't planning on doing that, since a Grovyle-Dizzy-Alex triangle would be awkward (I'm not big I'm mushy-gushy sappy romance, but I thought I could do so very funny things with a little puppy love in here :) )

Chapter Four: Viridian: Home of the Weirdest Men in Kanto!

Never before had Dizzy been taunted so much in her lifetime. Almost every word that came out of Grovyle’s mouth was ‘Dizzy and Alex, sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G!’, and instead of green, Grovyle’s face was a bright shade of red from the umpteen amount of times Dizzy had slapped her. During one of the moments Grovyle was actually quiet, they all stopped and saw a very strange man. He was standing on an empty plot of land, with a woman just as aged standing next to him. He was shouting something at her, and some nearby children stopped and listened to the new words that would improve their vocabulary.

“I want my coffee, and I want that sh*t NOW!” The old-as-dirt man shouted, stomping his feet in a tantrum.

“Calm down dear, the barista said he is getting a fresh batch of coffee beans today from Coffee Co.”

“I DON’T F*CKIN’ CARE! HE SAID LATER ON TODAY, SO HE CAN KISS MY A** WHEN I GO IN THERE LOOKING FOR MY D*MN COFFEE, WOMAN!!!”

The main three protagonists in this tale walked over to where the old man was cursing, and Grovyle tapped on his shoulder.

“Huh? WHO IN THE NAME OF ARCEUS ARE YOU FREAKS?! WHAT THE HELL IS THIS GREEN PLANT THING?”

There was a disturbance in the land of Johto as the elderly man yelled the name ‘Arceus’, or to some, ‘Ariel’, or to very few, ‘Armantinehondalavistamacarona’.

“He did NOT just call me a thing!” Grovyle exclaimed, taken aback at the statement.

“Anyways, what are you yelling about?”

“Oh, me? Well, I was yelling about not having coffee. But, I actually have coffee, so I was yelling about not having coffee when I had coffee, but I also wanted more coffee so I was yelling about having not having and having coffee, and I wanted better tasting coffee, so I was yelling about having not having having wanting not wanting coffee.” He finished proudly.

You’d have thought Dizzy and Grovyle were unable to comprehend English.

“So you were yelling about having not having having not having wanting not having not wanting coffee?” Alex asked.

“No, I was yelling about having not having having wanting not wanting coffee. And on top of that, I was acting!”

One word to describe our faces? Dumbstruck.

“Anyways, I will now show you how to catch a Pokémon!” the man said. He pulled a small yellow box that slightly resembled a TV from his bag and touched a few options. A man appeared on the screen, standing on a flat patch of land, surrounded by grass. There were subtitles at the bottom of the screen, since TVs in Pokémon don’t get sound reception. Much like Pokémon toilets.

“HELLO, THIS IS YOUR BELOVED MAXIMO. TODAY I WILL SHOW YOU HOW TO CATCH A POKEMON!” the subtitles Read in all caps.

“Umm, Mr. Dinosaur, who is this?” Grovyle asked.

“Why, that is me of course! I’ve cut my hair, and I may be a few inches shorter, but be honest; I look just as s*xy as I did back then, don’t I?” he said, striking an odd pose that old men should never strike. The thing is, the two have about as much in common as a Pikachu has with an Arceus.

There was yet another disturbance in Johto at the mention of Armantinehondalavistamacarona’s name.

“Mm-hmm, sure, whatever you say old man…” Alex said sarcastically. All four looked back down at the box, watching the tutorial on how to catch a Weedle. When it was over the heroes made an excuse to get away (how convenient that when one person asks about a bathroom, Port-A-Potties are mass produced and sent to each Pokémon center.) On their way, they passed…

…*pause for dramatic effect*

…A meditating man. He was also on a flat plot of land, but was surrounded by a clear lake on his right, some trees behind him and in front of him (one was very small) and a rocky cliff to his left. The three approached him, and he started mumbling something about dreams. Once again, Grovyle was the shoulder-tapper. The man floated in the air and turned to face them.

“Hello children. I am the man who lives with the Drowzee, the man who eats dreams. My name is too long to pronounce, but you may call me Mr. Dream Eater. Now, does anybody have a Drowzee? I will teach them how to eat dreams.

“No, I don’t have a Drowzee, but I have an Eevee. Can they eat dreams?” Alex replied.

“No, what else do you have?”

“I have a Nidoran. I heard they can eat dreams!” Alex, piped up again.

“No, they can’t.”

“Oh, yeah, I just remembered, I brought along a Magikarp! Can they eat dreams?” Dizzy said.

“NO, WHY THE F*CK WOULD A FISH EAT DREAMS?!?”

“Well, they can fly…”

“No, they-Hubawubahunhuhwha-?!?!” the old man said, astonished. You would be too if you saw a Magikarp flop into the lake, and then scale the mountain in a single flop.

“But, but, but-“

“Dizzy, what the heck? I thought you said you wanted to start out on a fresh journey? And where the hell did you find a Magikarp that flies?” Grovyle asked, astonished as the old man.

“Well, I only said I didn’t want to overpower the little Pokémon with a trained Togekiss; if I didn’t bring a Pokémon, I would mysteriously black out and be sent back to a Pokémon center. And as for where I got it, let’s just say I met a guy who sold it to me for only 500 Pokedollars!”

“Well, do either of you have anything else?” the old man said to Alex and Dizzy, not figuring that Grovyle also owned a Pokémon.

“Hey, I own a Dunsparce!”

“Wha-? How the heck can a Grovyle own a Dunsparce?”

“’Cause Prof. Oak’s an idiot.” Gorvyle answered.

“Can’t argue with that. So, let me see your Dunsparce.” Grovyle released her Dunsarce, who stared at the Mr. Dream Eater with unblinking closed eyes. “And now, by the power invested in me, my Drowzee, and Mr. Potato Head, your Dunsparce shall now learn Dream Eater!”

There was a flash, in which Dizzy could’ve sworn she saw Dunsparce’s eyes open, and the old man said

“There, you Dunsparce now knows Dream Eater.”

“Yay, and now I shall test it out on *coughcoughDizzy’s boy-“

“Hey, why’d you say ‘asterisk cough cough Dizzy’s’?”

“No reason whatsoever, Alex. I’ll just test it out on you, then. Dunsparce, I command you to EAT ALEX’S DREAMS!”

“Well, okay then.”

”So you picked a stupid one, did you Dizzy?” Grovyle whispered, smirking.

After hearing the command, the Dunsparce did nothing.

“Wow, Grovyle, you’re really stupid. It only works on sleeping Pokémon.” Mr. Dream Eater said. Dizzy burst out laughing.

If looks could kill, Dizzy would be dead twice now.

“WEEEEEEEEEE!! WEEE WEEEE WEEEEEEEEEE!! WEEEEE WEEEEE WEEEEEEEEEEEE!” Bob whinnied, hair blowing in the wind.

“Bob, calm down. No need to be the zip lining pig from the Geicko commercial.” Drago said slightly irritated. She seemed to be the only sane one of the group; Psy was obsessing over her broken heel, and was clutching it and asking how much it would cost for surgery to have her shoe repaired, and then there was the Geicko pig. Drago definitely enjoyed the saliva flying off his tongue right into her face.

Why she let him lead, she’ll never know.

“Alright, Mr. Piggy, High heels, we’re above Cinnabar now.” As soon as they all landed, Psy rushed to the Pokémon center to see if they knew shoe surgery.

“Wait, doesn’t she own, like, ten thousand other pairs of shoes? Why are those particular ones so important?” Bob asked.

“It’s woman stuff. You wouldn’t understand.” Drago answered.

“Like I wouldn’t understand where babies come from? Because my mommy told me that when a mommy and a daddy love each other very much, they-“

“Alright, we’ve all been to middle school health class, we know how babies are made!” Drago yelled, dismissing the subject. They were silent, and waited outside the Pokémon center, Drago holding a GPS. There was a small yellow dot moving towards the road leading to Victory Road, along with two blue dots moving with it.

“Bob, go get Psy; our target’s on the move!”

After a few minutes, Bob came out of the center alone.

“BOB!? WHERE’S PSY?!”

“I can’t go there.”

“What the hell do you mean? Tell me where she is!”

“She’s in the bathroom.”

“Well, that shouldn’t be too big of a deal, considering you know how babies are made.”

“No, shut up! Just go get her!” Bob yelled, annoyed by Drago’s teasing. Drago was cracking up as she walked through the sliding glass doors, which closed silently behind her.

Meanwhile, back in Viridian, a creature lurked in the darkness, along with two assistants, watching a certain three people very closely.

And our certain protagonists marched onward towards the very short Route 2, when Alex screamed identically to a fan girl.

“OMIGOSHOMIGOSHMOIGOSHOMIGOSHOMIGOSHOMIGOSHOMIGOSH!!! A GGGGGGGYYYYYYMMMMMM!!!!!!!”

“Uh, what?” Dizzy asked, confused. She saw a building not too far away that was approximately the size of a Pokémon center. It was brown and easily identified by the large glass roof. Alex ran over to the door, followed by Dizzy and Grovyle, when he screamed just like a very unoriginal villan.

“NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! IT’S CLOSED!!!! WHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWYHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHY?!?!?!?!?!?! I DON’T DESERVE THIS!!!”

“Calm down, it’s okay, there’s a gym in Pewter City as well, we’ll just go there instead.” Grovyle said.

“I seem to remember you saying you’ve never been to Kanto before. How would you know about the Pewter gym?” Dizzy questioned suspiciously.

“I uh, um, saw a uh, Town Map in the, um, Pokémon center! Y-you know, it had the cities and towns and gyms. Yeah, that’s what I did!” Grovyle answered, sounding more confident the further into her sentence she got.

“Sure, whatever. Anyways, let’s keep going forward onto Route 2 (which is very short)!”

The trio continued onwards, leaving the modern city filled with many odd men.

The three mysterious creatures followed them in the shadows.

Yes, this chapter is a little shorter, but I think it’s good the way it is.

Also, I have been stalking the number of views, and my guess is that there are some of you out there who just read and don’t comment, which is perfectly fine. Your views are appreciated, and I just wanted to say that I know you’re there. 

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Well, anyway, I'm here for the Review Game. Not sure if I'm the right candidate to be reviewing your story since I'm not really into solely comedic stories however, I will try my best to do good by this review for you and apologize for any problems in it. Thank you.
“Moderators Psy Chicken and Drago N. Freedom to the meeting room please. Moderators Psy Chicken and Drago N. Freedom to the meeting room please.” The voice stated over the intercom.
Just so you know, when using speech tags like "said, stated, shouted" you should use a comma after the end of the dialogue and turn the "The" lowercase.
Two women dressed in business suits of light and forest green approached an elevator, both carrying something so top secret that it cannot be told here, carried in a green briefcase. They stepped into the elevator, and nodded to each other, putting on their black glasses.
Business suits of "light?" I've never come across a piece of description like that. Also there's a bit of a redundancy in the sentence.

"Two women dressed in business suits of light and forest green approached an elevator, both carrying something so top secret cannot be told here, inside a green briefcase."

“Have a nice day.” Through a computer-operated voice system. They continued walking through the mob of people in green suits, white lab coats, machines with hundreds of blinking lights, computers, and coffee, among Coke, Lays Barbeque chips, and, in the bathroom, Charmin Ultra Soft toilet paper. Along the halls were metallic doors, and one exceptionally large one was at the end of the hall. They walked until they reached it, and after Drago punched in the four-digit code that I bet you and I could guess (hint- it’s 1234), the door glided open silently. The door automatically sealed shut behind them. They stood in front of a tall chair, facing the back of it.
I think the items you listed could be delivered in a much better way so it doesn't come off as a massive text dump. Maybe intermixing it in would a little dialogue would help more, just my two cent.
“Wait, stop.” He said before the light could shine into and reveal what the case had been hiding.
Just another speech tag error, "Wait, stop," he said....." You already know these mistakes are here so I'm not gonna point them out any further.

There are quite a few errors in grammar scattered throughout the chapter, proofreading should be your main aim imo. Grammar can really make a huge first impression on a reader jumping into a story, it can make a massive impression. If your grammar isn't up to scratch it could turn off the readers from giving your story a fair chance.

Anyway, Chapter 1. Again, I'm sorry if this review isn't what you expected, I'm not really a major fan of solely comedic stories. Chapter 1, it was really hard to follow. It felt like you were moving places rather quickly with each scene and I simply couldn't follow. You, imo, introduced too many characters in such a short proximity of time that it overwhelms the reader a bit. I couldn't tell who the main character was meant to be at all unfortunately or what was going on except that there was a cryptic briefcase. Your flow could be improved on a bit as well. I'd say right now pacing, grammar, and flow are your three worst enemies. I felt completely overwhelmed from the start with the immense amount of actions that took place this chapter without them being as coherent as I thought they should have been for me to keep track of what was going on. I did not expect you to self insert yourself into the story toward the end either. Some of the comedy was entertaining to read and you utilized quite a lot of decently done interactions.

Keldminrachi91

Just call me Cooki
Alright, thank you for the review; it's good to take on some genres that aren't your favorite sometimes :).

Just so you know, when using speech tags like "said, stated, shouted" you should use a comma after the end of the dialogue and turn the "The" lowercase.

Being only about half way through my entre school career, this is something new to me, so thank you for pointing it out. I'll fix it when I get a chance. :)

Business suits of "light?" I've never come across a piece of description like that. Also there's a bit of a redundancy in the sentence.

"Two women dressed in business suits of light and forest green approached an elevator, both carrying something so top secret cannot be told here, inside a green briefcase."

Well, it's supposed to be light green and forest green, but I didn't want the sentence to be redundant by saying green twice. It's supposed to represent the Serebii main colors (although it ended up redundant anyways; thank you for pointing it out to me)

I think the items you listed could be delivered in a much better way so it doesn't come off as a massive text dump. Maybe intermixing it in would a little dialogue would help more, just my two cent.

I will see if I can fix that; I don't really know if I could mix in dialogue, though. :( I'll see what I can do, but I was trying to make it a little random (but I know that's no excuse for poor writing execution).

Just another speech tag error, "Wait, stop," he said....." You already know these mistakes are here so I'm not gonna point them out any further.

Yep, I'll try to comb myself out of this habit (although sometimes my Word Processor auto-corrects it :()

There are quite a few errors in grammar scattered throughout the chapter, proofreading should be your main aim imo. Grammar can really make a huge first impression on a reader jumping into a story, it can make a massive impression. If your grammar isn't up to scratch it could turn off the readers from giving your story a fair chance.

I do proofread when I get time, but I normally write most/all of a chapter in 1-2 sittings, but I would like to say this; 99% of all the fics out there will have at least one grammar mistake. So, if everyone in the world refused to read any fics that had any grammar mistakes whatsoever, Fanfiction would be very rare to see (but as you can tell by this board, FF.net, etc, it is very popular). Now, to me there are two kinds of grammar mistakes; ones that take away from reading the story, and ones that most will just skim right over a lot of the time. Something like a really bad typo, bad tense, run-on sentence are ones that IMO, take away from the story. Using a comma rather than a period at the end of dialogue is rather one that I will skim over, simply because it doesn't affect how the sentence sounds or reads. So, TBH, I didn't notice any of the mistakes that you pointed out until you pointed them out, and not because I didn't proofread (I do believe I had a self-debate over that one description, though). Because of this, I would say that the grammar of this particular chapter wouldn't turn readers away, unless they have English degrees or something. But I'll do my best to fix the mistakes.

Anyway, Chapter 1. Again, I'm sorry if this review isn't what you expected, I'm not really a major fan of solely comedic stories. Chapter 1, it was really hard to follow. It felt like you were moving places rather quickly with each scene and I simply couldn't follow.

TBH, I have been dying for a review, however harsh, because until the mods came with the warning, the only thing mentioned was 'you spelled Internet wrong' which I did purposefully. Yes, I understand pacing was shaky in the first couple chapters, but I think it gets better later on.

You, imo, introduced too many characters in such a short proximity of time that it overwhelms the reader a bit. I couldn't tell who the main character was meant to be at all unfortunately or what was going on except that there was a cryptic briefcase.

Just wondering, did you read the prologue? If you read the prologue, it should clear things up in the 'don't introduce so many characters' department. And about the briefcase, it isn't that important (as of now, that is) because one of this fic's 'cliches', if you will, is overreacting, especially with the suspense, making the briefcase seem very important, when something rather unimportant until much later is revealed.

Your flow could be improved on a bit as well.
So, basically my pace could be improved two times over? I've always assumed pace and flow were synonyms in the writing world, so could you explain this further?

I'd say right now pacing, grammar, and flow are your three worst enemies. I felt completely overwhelmed from the start with the immense amount of actions that took place this chapter without them being as coherent as I thought they should have been for me to keep track of what was going on.[/QUOTE

I wouldn't say grammar is my worst (read comment from a little further up), because of making the same mistake because I didn't know that it was wrong, being only a sixth grader and all. So, you're saying my actions were kind-of in between important and unimportant? Okay, but since this fic is a comedy (mainly because of some of its unique clichés and randomness, IMO), the majority of the events aren't made to be taken seriously. Just remembering the very basic things (ie in Serebii, there's an important briefcase; Dizzy and Grovyle are at Cinnabar Lab) should easily get you through to where you can understand and enjoy the humor.

I did not expect you to self insert yourself into the story toward the end either. Some of the comedy was entertaining to read and you utilized quite a lot of decently done interactions.

Um, inserted myself into the story? I haven't recently read over Chapter 1, so I don't really know what you mean. I'll look though, and will probably be able to figure it out. Thank you for the comedy compliment, and I'm glad you reviewed this. :D