• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How to tell the difference between hacked and legit?

redblueyellow

How can you figure out the difference between a hacked pokemon and legit when you trade (Like if you get a pokemon that says the person got it from hoenn)? If this is the wrong thread or the topic isn't allowed, mods please delete it or please tell me so I can delete it.

abgar

Fufufufu
ypu can tell is the place where it got cauth is unacurated or the lvl, if is an event pokemon like celebi, the ball or the id/ot also helps

jellsprout

If the Pokémon was hacked perfectly, with the correct route, Pokéball, OT and everything, there is no way to tell.
But that doesn't matter, as a perfectly hacked Pokémon is exactly the same as a regular Pokémon.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
And also, for event Pokemon, checking out the secret ID helps, since you can't make an accurate fake unless you have a real one (in which case you shouldn't make a fake anyway), or someone told you the secret ID (which would be really stupid of them). And there are other ways you can tell as well, such as getting it at the correct level, making sure its characteristic matches up with its IV's (for example, a Pokemon with Alert to Sounds that has 14/28/19/3/31/20 as its IV's would be a hack), and other stuff.

macoroni

Sometimes its really easy to tell if its hacked or not.

For example..:

I was on Spp-WiFi the other day, and someone said he could trade me a legit Movie Darkrai for my Shiny Latios. So I asked him the ID and OT and everything. Everything sounded legit to me. So we switched fc and went on the WFC. Here is the part where I found out it was hacked. When I was checking out the Darkrai, yes it was held in a Cherish ball, everthing on the first page of the info was correct BUT when I checked out the other pages, the date said Jun 24, 2007 while it was supposed to be Jul 14, 2007. And it says met at lvl 50, but the Darkrai's level was 40, and it says Met from Pokemon Movie 16...(the newest movie is the tenth one =_=) So yeah, I said its hacked and the guy dced.

Azelf of Cruxis

| Ancient Chaos |
The OT, the level it was found at, where it was obtained the ball it's in, and so on.

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Actually, the day wouldn't matter, because anyone can change their DS's clock. I got a shiny Shedinja from the GTS that was traded over from Hoenn on February 8, 2048.

davidone10

The new tuxedo look!
A good way to tell beforehand is to ask for pics. That way, lying's a lot harder...

Ivi

Ghost master
anything cought with a master ball is about 80% chance that its hacked

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
anything cought with a master ball is about 80% chance that its hacked
Why is that? I, along with many other people, reset my game several times for Masterballs (before the clone glitch was common knowledge), and then clone them so I have enough to use on whatever I want. Plus anything from Colosseum will likely be in one due to the easy glitch.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Well if they used an AR, sometimes it will say Met at lv.19, at Route 204 when its a Rayquaza or Regigigas or something.