• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How to trade Pokemon First Generation Games to Fifth Generation Games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What you'll need:

Wi-Fi.
Link Cables.
Nintedo DS Lite and/or original nintendo DS.
Pokemon Blue/Red/Yellow (first generation)
Pokemon Crystal/Silver/Gold (second generation)
Pokemon Firered/LeafGreen

A Nintendo DS that can connect to the internet.
A Nintendo 3DS...
Two Gameboy Advanced SP's.

How to do it from First Gen/Second Gen to Firered/leafgreen:

First, play-through Gold/Silver/Crystal or Yellow/Red/Blue.

Trade via-link-cable and GBA-SP to Firered/Leafgreen whatever Pokemon you caught in Yellow/Blue/Red Gold/Silver/Crystal etc.

Then, to migrate your Pokemon to your DS games such as Diamond/Pearl/Platinum/HG/SS... You need to enter the Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver and/or Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum game
into the DS slot and then enter the Firered/Leafgreen games into the GBA slot in your ORIGINAL NINTENDO DS OR NINTENDO DS LITE.

Then, take your heartgold/soulsilver/diamond/pearl/platinum and with your 3DS and DS Lite connect them to your Pokemon Black and White or Black and White 2

And eventually you can trade the Pokemon!

+++++

If you need any help with this then let me know! Currently, I can't do any of this because I need to get a DS Lite and link cables, and I need to go to an area that's Wi-Fi has a WEP code, because my Pokemon Heartgold won't connect to my internet security system.

Also, I apologize if I hadn't posted this in the right topic or not if so, please move it to the right one?

BCVM22

You can't do it because trading between Generation II games and Generation III games is impossible. No one needs any help with this because not only is it not possible, but it's been known for just over a decade now.

Furthermore, Wi-Fi has nothing to do with any of what you're trying. You don't need it for any of the migrations you've listed that are actually possible.

Last edited:
Hmm is there a way I could hack into the first generation games or second generation games so that way they can be compatible with the third generation games?

BCVM22

Unequivocally, no. Again, this all took place a decade ago, and eventually the muted anger and indignant rage and denial all settled down and people moved on.

Again, the chain of compatibility breaks between Generation II and Generation III. If there's a critter you absolutely can't live without in the Generation V (soon to be Generation VI) titles, you'll simply have to do your best to recreate it in a Generation III or Generation IV game and migrate it ahead.

Like if I were to get an emulator on the PSP and then get my Gameboy Advanced SP and then connect it to my hacked PSP and then trade it that way... would the cables even work?!

BCVM22

I'm not sure how to put this differently or clearer. No. It isn't possible. In any way. At all. And it particularly isn't possible through the use of certain materials you're trying to involve.

dragonskull

Dark trainer
Due to A LOT of coding differences between generation 1/2 and generation 3 there is no possibility even with hacks to trade between those generations. This is due to for example that natures did not exist or the IV system being totally different. If you want anything close to what you're implying, try to ''recreate'' said gen1/2 pokemons by catching brand new ones or breeding them in the third generation and continue like that.

Abstinence Pistols

Due to A LOT of coding differences between generation 1/2 and generation 3 there is no possibility even with hacks to trade between those generations. This is due to for example that natures did not exist or the IV system being totally different. If you want anything close to what you're implying, try to ''recreate'' said gen1/2 pokemons by catching brand new ones or breeding them in the third generation and continue like that.

This is basically it. Because of all the differences such as natures, and the fact that the first two generations use a different system to trade Pokemon (something about them going one at a time instead of both at once, don't recall the specifics but it's on the Serebii.net site) the coding is incompatible regardless of whether or not you use an emulator. The only reason it worked to trade Pokemon between Gen. I and II is because shininess was determined by IVs in Gen. II so when you traded a shiny back to a Gen II game, it would still be shiny.

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
The question has been answered, there's no way to get a Pokemon from R/G/B/Y/G/S/C to anything newer than that. And this thread is starting to dive into questions about ROMs so I'll be closing it.

*Closes*

Status
Not open for further replies.