• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How were you introduced to Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

misingnoglic

Well, in first grade, i went to a new school
i met this kid named Omid

He was nice, and saved me from a girl that tried to kiss me (ended up kissing me but thats a different story)

So he told me to buy a game called "pokemon yellow"
I was so excited that for channukah i got a gameboy advance and a pokemon yellow

I fell in love with the game
I didnt even buy gold-silver-or crystal for that

i ended up getting ruby

Man my team was so good i didnt know where to go so my pikachu was level 36 before 3rd badge

26 before 1st badge

So, whats ur pokemon story

p.s. i wish i still had that pikkachu ;025;

Igottapoo

In my nightmares
I don't remember. I think my friend told me to get it because it was awesome.

sapphire_addict

Brooklyn rage!
one faithful saturday my brother made me watch the first episode. i had never heard of it, and didn't want to watch it, but look at me now!

chikoritalover16

2004: My mom's friend's son and his brother were into it, and got my brother got interested in the tv show. Well, once, when we were over at their house (they live far away so we stayed overnight), I picked up the older son's GameBoy, which had Red or Blue in it.

I played. I found it wasn't as stupid as I thought it was. But, one thing changed from what I play like now. I didn't save. So, every time I had to go somewhere (sit at table for dinner, etc.), I just turned the GameBoy off.

When the older son (who's actually a year younger than me) got back from somewhere, I told him that I had been playing and he freaked out because he thought I had saved. But, I hadn't so I was safe.

Later, for my tenth birthday, I got Pokemon Yellow. I was so happy. ^.^

Defy gravity!
chikoritalover16 ;152;

BadIntent

MSankey
Me and my brother used to watch cartoons after school every weekday when I was 8. One day we were just flipping through the channels and saw Ash and his pikachu floating. (It was an episode where Sabrina was using her psychic powers in her gym) We thought that was cool and started watching pokemon every week day after that. We got the games for Christmas that year and got way into the story.

Mercury

I was about six I think. I had gotten my Game Boy Advance for Christmas, and I was shopping with my dad one day, and I saw it. I asked if I could have it and he said yes. Happy days.

ShiroRingo

Ritual Fire Dance!!
I discovered it when I found a Pikachu card at school. I like the art at first then I was introduced to pokemon Yellow and Pokemon Silver (Not really 1st gen but still). I remember that even at a young age I found it odd that people don't suspect a pikachu randomly following you xD

Banana Bloodplanet

I don't remember my age at the time, but I was in 1st Grade. My sister asked if I wanted her Blue Version, because she got bored of it after a week.

shinigami13

SoulSilver ftw!
I was 5 or 6 when I started watching the show and like any other kid I was completely obsessed so for my 7th birthday they bought me my Gameboy Color (Which was my first system) with Pokemon Red.

IcyDragon0605

Look over there!
I was channel-surfing and saw the poke-rap. Then I decided to watch the follwing episode and liked it. I was only 2 then.

Jerre

Gogoat!
I saw first a commercial of the Pokémon anime coming to our region soon. After i saw episode 2. I missed episode 1. Then i was hooked in the anime and i watched all of the indigo eipodes by recording them on tape. Months later i saw my neighbour playing a game called "Pokémon Red". I borrowed it for a few days. Playing it four hours.

And so i am introduced into Pokémon. :)

mew801

My older cousin got me into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.