• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How were you introduced to Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eri

scatter joy
Quite simply, I was around 5 or 6 years old, my dad handed me a gameboy with a Red cartridge in it, and I started to play. XD

I quite vividly remember my first time every playing, which is kind of weird. I didn't know what a Potion was, and kept pronouncing it like "Pot-in". Hahaha.

The Tail

I used to watch the show all the time for whatever reason when I was young, then on my birthday, my mom got me Pokemon Sapphire & Leaf Green, see if I would like them and something like that. That's how I got introduced to pokemon.

After 1st or 2nd grade one day, my aunt picked me up from school. While we were driving home, she handed me a Game Boy with Pokemon Yellow in it. After that, we would share the game: she'd play it every know and then while I'd play it all the other times. Then I started watching the show and collecting all the stuff.

I remember when when we first got to Mewtwo (but we didn't know it was Mewtwo). When it say "Meeeew" we both looked at each other thinking it was Mew... but it wasn't.

My Crystal file is the only surviving reminder of this time (the file on it is at least 6 years old.)

...I get carried away.

panicsocharming

カンディー
when i was 9 years old (i turn 17 next week) i went to queensland to visit my older brother, my cousin and my aunt. my brother had pokemon red that he used to play on his n64, i never actually played it whilst i was visiting.

when i came back home, this boy moved in next to my townhouse, and i remember once when we were 'hangin' at the park, he was playing pokemon red or blue. he'd just got it. he was trying to figure out how to move boulders, (i suggested he use hydro pump, ha!).
so anyway, i actually payed attention to it after then, then eventually my mum bought me a combo pkmn gbc and pokemon yellow. (the gameboy got stolen about a year later :( ), and my two other older brothers got red and blue.

and since then, my brothers left me their games and i still have all the originals. :D

the trading cards were pretty big in my school so i got my friend to show me some so i could see what all the fuss was about and thought it was cool then i watched the show and bought the games and have been hooked since.

Ktroys

(Insert Joke Here)
First I saw the commercials to the games, and wondered what it was. Then one day, I sat next to someone playing it in a Lenscrafters, and that got me even more interested. Shortly thereafter, I learned about the show, and that convinced me to get the Red version of the game.

Jaguar297

I'm back!
I liked the Pokemon cards ever since I was walking home from school one day. I found a Pikachu first eddition, jungle set, it was awesome. I got more and more cards until I had, well, a lot. Then my friends starting collecting with me. But then, I got Nemonia. In the middle of it, my Dad got me Fire Red, which was the day I was happiest the most when I was sick for a month. And that's my story.

Jessie&James

Beautiful...
I first saw a Gameboy Colour when I was little at the shopping mall with my parents and asked them to buy me one and the first game I got was Pokemon Yellow. That's when I started being a fan of Pokemon.

redpanda

Everyone at my old elementary school was obsessing about it but my mom didn't want me watching the show. On the way home from school, I found a vulpix trading card on the sidewalk and it was really cute so I asked my dad for the game. I got Pokemon Yellow for my birthday and have liked the games ever since.

FlamingRuby

The magic of Pokemon
The time: Fall/Winter 98
The place: My house

I was in my room reading the latest issue of Disney Adventures, which I had just gotten in the mail that day. As I page through the stories, comics, and features, one ad on the very last page piqued me: a bunch of weird creatures about to be caught in a giant net. To add to the intrigue, one of those creatures, a yellow mouse with a thunderbolt tail, caught my interest. I keep the little guy in mind as I put the now finished magazine away.

The next day at school, I asked my then-best friend just what was this "Pokemon" thing taking the school (a middle school, mind you) by storm. He showed me a figure of the mouse creature, telling me that its name is "Pikachu". I spent the rest of art class trying to draw "Pikachu".

Later that day, I was watching TV and having a snack when a commercial with "Pikachu" in it came on (the one with the bus). That did it--I went out and got Blue the next day.

And the rest is history!

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
I think I saw the anime first and my mom got the game for me and my brothers before we went to Italy to visit our dad.

I got to know about pokémons when I was in... 3rd grade probably. It happened a long time ago so I'm not really so sure about it anymore. x3 My pokémon addiction started with the anime series - I wasn't even aware of the fact that there were also games about until few months later my friend showed me her GBC and Blue version.

Since I was a nice little girl during the whole year my parents bought me the console and the game (Blue) for christmas. Once I started playing it, I couldn't quit.

Then came the 2nd generation and I got my parents to buy me two versions, Silver and Crystal - I was even more hooked and in love with these little, virtual creatures. x3

That's how I got into these lovely creatures. ♥

Dannytoge

信じる!
when i was about 7/8 my friend borrowed me pokemon red coz i ahd no agmes for my game boy, and 8 or 9 years later, here we are.

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!
Christmas 1999 was when I got my Game Boy Color and Pokémon Blue (my sister got her own GBC and Pokémon Red). I had already begun watching the anime and collecting the TCG cards a few months before, but this was the moment where my fandom became complete. I played the hell out of that game in the following months, even though I had a lot of trouble and made a lot of bonehead mistakes early on, then glitched it up via Missingno and cheated my way to the end.

I think I got Yellow just a few months into 2000. I didn't pull any glitches in it, though that's only because I never got very far in it (Sabrina's gym always stopped me dead in my tracks - whose idea was it to give her a level 50 Alakazam?)

Status
Not open for further replies.