• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How were you introduced to Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mongerty

Halo Fanatic
In 6th grade, I started by collecting non-rare versions of the cards. I finally got my parents to buy me a started deck and a few booster packs.

By the time Christmas rolled around, My mom had bought me a Gameboy Color and Pokemon Red all in one package. She made me open blue by itself first, so I was like "What? I don't even have a Gameboy?" Oh boy, I love that woman.

10 Years later, and she actually bought me Platinum for my DS (keep in mind that I am 21, lol)

Valencia

the perfect crime
I believe that I got Yellow in 3rd grade, but long before that I was already into the cards and stuff because pokémon was the hip thing back then. ;D

ReilletRonnoc

hmm i think when i got pokemon yellow, and the limited edition pokemon yellow gbc,
but i think i watched it on tv at about 4 not 100% suRe

Darkrailuver

Rathalos Knight
I saw the commercial to pokemon emerald, and wanted it, but my mom got me blue instead. I then got hooked probly for life.

By the way, can't wait till HG/SS come out.

chimchar19

Rockstar Drift
I had bought red and some of my other friends were into it, so I bought it and loved it. Never stopped playing it. I always got the "Turn that thing off" from my parents.

PokeRemixStudio

For me, it was a board game, of all things. Yeah, I forgot the exact name but it was this game where all the pokemon are represented by cardboard chips and they have a certain attack power or something. I remember seeing the box in a Walmart store and it had pictures of every single pokemon on the cover. I got it when I was in 1st grade I think.

My absolute first encounter with the franchise was actually a year or two before that, when one of my friends gave me this spinning puzzle thing that had the evolution lines of 6 evolutions and you had to line them up correctly. My friend's dad pointed to an image of charmander and said, "Hey, it's charmeleon"... -.-'

Alloute

Not Banned
I liked the pretty cards, they reminded me of rainbows, so I fell in love with the series.

electivirus92

experienced trainer
in 3rd grade my neighbour gave me a gameboy and all gbc pokemon games and i was hooked, i still play my green i got from the pokecentre in japan, but one day i came home from school the games were gone!, i questionned my sis and she said she brought em' into school to impress her mates and they got stolen so she gave me a crappy harry potter gbc game, and 12 years since i still play pokemon and have just beat the e4 on plat.

fschulze47

Mighty Marvo
I used to bike around in a circle with my friends, one day they brought these weird pieces of paper called pokemon cards. after that, i bought my first game, and the rest was history (although i never really collected the cards..)

Handsome

James: Falcon...
My parents bought me "Mewtwo Returns" and I became a Pokemon fan after watching that.

poke'_maniac

My nana burst into the rooom when the first episode aired and said, "All the people at work said that this show had thier kids addicted!". Then she turned it on, and ever since I have been a massive fan.

Kyogre35

First avy..no touchy
Actually it was from watching the Anime series...then after like 4 years of watching that...I was like..."Oh this a is a game...." yeah so I bought Saphhire a week later.

Maru90

POCKET MEN ANYONE?
In kidergarden (or first grade, I don't know) I got my first pokemon game which was the pokemon trading card game for the gameboy. Never understood how to play until a few years ago, actually :*D
I think it all started because of the shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.