• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How were you introduced to pokemon?

The Master Chief

i encountered pokemon via the TV show around the age of 6 and i loved the battles and the characters so when i found out they had a video game i just had to get it. So i got the game............. AND I LOVED IT!!!!! Now i've been a fan for about 9-10 years and going strong :D

Tf916

Parappa the Rapper
Saw commericals for anime on tv when i was younger (Kanto Episode 1).

bro

Cool story bro
I got Yellow for my birthday and fell in love. Then I found out TCG and pestered my dad to buy me cards haha. ;080;

Miar

Wigglytuff Guild recruit
Through TV, around season 2.

Oddly, up until I discovered it, no one at that school knew/cared. Then nearly everyone suddenly jumped into it on their own (and I was STILL unpopular...)

Kalosian

So long
I was introduced to it through the TCG which was extremely popular at my school when all of it still was relatively new.

Xanz

Luke
Fire red when I was 4 basically.

Iristle

I make no sense
I think I got my brother's Yellow when he'd moved on to Crystal back when I was a kid. I never understood it and skipped second gen entirely, getting back into it when I got Emerald. Since then I've always loved the series. I've not necessarily always been -good- at it per-se, but I still was, and still am a major fan of the games. I got a TCG theme deck a long while back, around the Holon series but my mom threw those away, though I did start collecting cards again recently. I'd never really watched the Pokémon anime, though, and I only ever remember watching countless re-runs of Pokémon Chronicles on Cartoon Network, which I thought were extremely boring because they weren't about Ash at all. Ah well.

Ninfia-Fan

The trailer for Platinum got me hooked on the games. I just loved the part where they zoomed in on the portal tat led to th Distortion world. And, of course, it was much better in-game, though the Distortion world made me a bit nauseous from jumping to different ledges etc....

RConnz

Swag King
When I was about 5 and Gold and Silver were announced, I used to look at the huge posters up in the shops and want to play the game, but I didn't have a Gameboy at the time. When I was 8, I got a GBA for Christmas, and bought myself Pokémon Ruby when it was released. I picked myself a Treecko and have been playing ever since then.

Deoxys3011

#1 Deoxys fan!
I was 6 years old when Pokemon cards where awesome on school. Then I started watching and playing Pokemon.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
I didn't get a particular interest on Pokémon games for a long time. When I was younger (like 4 or 5 years old), I watched some Pokémon Johto episodes on TV and I really liked that !
Until I have like 8 years old, my cousins had Pokémon Diamond each so I got interested and I asked it for my birthday. I got my Diamond version on my birthday and since then I'm playing often to those games.

Last edited:

AmbipomMaster

#TeamInstinct
The TCG. I got my first cards when I was 3, but they got washed in the washer.... I remember I couldn't read them, so I had my dad read them to me. I just enjoyed looking at the pictures :p

Later, in 4th grade, two kids on my bus were big on the TCG, so I bought a Drowzee card at our county fair. But then I collected some useless cards from them (i.e. Pidgey, Rhyhorn, Growlithe) and my collection grew.

I think around that time my cousing lent me his Pokémon Blue, but seeing as I didn't have a Game Boy, I'd borrow one at my babysitter's during the summer.

So yeah, 4th grade basically. Roughly 8-9 years ago....

Ringworm128

Gen 3 and 4 fanatic.
I've pretty much known about Pokemon since I can remember and as a kid I used to watch Pokemon 4Ever, I would sometimes watch an episode of the anime if it happened to be on TV. But my full introduction to Pokemon that made me into the fan I am today was when my late grandfather bought me Pokemon XD for Christmas back in 05, I loved it and after awhile I got my hands on a copy of Ruby the rest is history.

TheEliteEmpoleon

Some kid from up my block really loved it, so I decided to get Platinum when I got my DSi on its release date. I wasinstantly hooked, and as they say, the rest is history.

When I was 8, my mother purchased a copy of Yellow and tried to play it herself. Deemed it too hard, passed it to me and said "here, you play this, I don't like it." Was hooked from that point on.

Kanix

I was 8 and I had just gotten a purple GBC and then I got Blue, shortly after Pokemon was blowing up at school. Although I put way more time into Red and Yellow, go figure...

Last edited:

ForgottenPearl

Nintendo Power, of course. Actually now that I think about it, Nintendo Power also sent out a VHS type to drum up the hype for Pokemon, before the anime ever came out. It was how I first heard of Pokemon Red and Blue, and... I ended up getting both. From there, the rest was history. Amazing how far the games have come since then.

That's also how I heard about it. I guess we were both there from the beginning. :)