• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How were you introduced to pokemon?

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I didn't start playing the games until 2003, when I bought a used Sapphire to check out the game, and I ended up getting hooked. I've been into the anime since 2002. Either way, I came a bit late to the party.

Durbe

I'm tired
My uncle brought back a Gameboy he picked up in 2003/2004ish, and it had Pokemon games, so I started playing them and got hooked.

Cyrius

Ice-Cold Charisma
I was immediately hooked on pokemon the day the anime aired. even as a baby i still enjoyed pokemon throughout my life :D

trident20

ground types
i always thought it was stupid
I'm a christian who believes in creation so when i heard "evolution" in the game i automatically hated it
then my friend was playing it and i constantly wanted to play his platinum
so i borrowed the game from another friend

liked it ever since

☭Azimuth_055☣

Thou enraged?
From Pokemon Gold, 13 years ago.

Ditto B1tch

I was introduced thanks to the anime. I got addicted because of the games some years after starting to watch the anime.

Nowadays, I am only going on Pokemon games. The anime has sucked since Hoenn.

DarkSword39

Heehouhouhouhou!
By almost every young kid in my area. Years later, I'm one of lucky ones who still plays it.

Or it might have just been my brother to tell me to play it. My first ever video game I ever played was Pokemon Ruby...

MuseHarmonia

~♥Raichu♥~
Mine was from my dad. .-.
He was like "Hey, I found out that kids like this, wanna try it?"
Then he bought me a Charmander Pokemon Card at a flee market... :/

Inferno Vulpix

Despicably Average
I remember the event clearly, which is amusing because it's probably one of my earliest memories.

I was about 4, and I came home from school to find my brother showing off a Vulpix card he had received from his friend at school as a gift. I was immediately interested, and a few years later we got a GBA and Pokemon Ruby, and everything went on from there.

I am also fairly sure that Vulpix being the first Pokemon I ever knew is what makes it my favorite of all time without question or contest.

Sadly though, my brother has long since 'grown out' of Pokemon, so I'm the only one left.

EonDragonFTW

My dad got me a gba sp and firered when I was in first grade. I've been addicted ever since. I played the games watched the show, got the cards, the toys....
Now I I only play the games but I still love Pokemon and my favorite ever game was emerald

Shayminslicker

Comes out of Nowhere
One day I was bored so I decided to watch Pokemon for the heck of it and I thought it was awesome!

I've been a fan ever since.

SoulSilver Eric

I was six or five years old and I got a present from my dad. I didn't really see him much so all I got were gifts and phone calls.

I opened it up and I found a Red Gameboy Pocket and Pokémon Blue Version along with Blue Headphones.

I didn't know much about the game, heck I only played Mighty Morphin power rangers and Sonic the Hedgehog 3 on my sega so I didn't know that much about video games, but as soon as I played it, I was hooked.

One of my most memorable moments of playing that game was battling Brock with a Metapod, Pikachu, Pidgey, Rattata and a Charamander. Brocks Onyx kept getting at my team with Bide which I had no clue how to counter until I notice that metapod, who I rarely used to attack, didn't get hurt as much as the others. I kept using Harden while Brock's Onyx used Bide and every time Onyx would unleash bide, it had no effect. I figured it was because my Metapod was a bug type. But much later on I realized what Bide did and why it didn't work when could have.

I still have my Gameboy pocket and Blue Version today, although Blue Version is unplayable, and glitch so I need to find a replacement.

luckym00se

Element of Loyalty
I was introduced to it by a neighborhood friend a year or two after i had moved to a new town. We were at the school playground, and asked a 7 word question I will never forget. "Have you ever heard of Shadow Lugia?" I answered no, and we walked back to my house, and he got up the Pokedex, and showed me Lugia. (As Shadow Lugia just had "Shadow" added on) When I was 8, I got Pokemon Pearl, as well as a DS Lite (which i have now lost) and here I am!

Hudsonn98

In kindergarten my best friend had a Bagon little figure thing and showed me and I loved it! That year, Pokemon figures were all the rage, then everyone stopped in first grade. I moved and about three years ago I got Platinum for my birthday and the rest is history. And yeah, I am kind of a rookie considering I've only been playing for about three years (four years in July) but whatever!

Bananarama

The light is coming
I think I was 7, and I had received pokemon cards and Blue version from my uncle. The rest, is history.

Dreamy

It was shortly after the US release of Red and Blue, and my grandma sent both of them to me for my Bday, and like ^Dragontail said 'The rest, is history.'

Sabrina's Doll

The television show while it was on UPN. I believe Dennis the Menace was on after it lol.

My parents bought me Red and Silver a few years later.