• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How were you introduced to pokemon?

Cressy

13 years ago when i was six, my older cousin was playing pokemon on his gbc. I cant remember which though. I didnt actually get into it till 3 years later when i got a gba. After that, i played Crystal like crazy. Also my step bro played the card game

ven?

Kanto Region Champ
When I saw they first pokemon commercials and the tv show commercial's when I was watching sailor moon on ytv at the time (I liked that show alot better then pokemon, but the card game sucked), so since the beginning.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Was introduced through Kids WB as far as I know. Mom says that it's because the other kids were getting into it, but I've been watching Kids WB for a good few years prior, so obviously I would've seen something advertising Pokémon, and I was able to see the first episode. I don't know if I got hooked on it right then and there, though. I just know that I loved it, and I've been with Pokémon since.

MidnightFennekin

Unwashed skank
My first Teddy was a Blastoise, given from my Dad's friend. And since then, I've been hooked. Blastoise is still and will always be my technical First Pokemon, but it'll never become Fennekin!

CliveKoopa

I was introduced to the anime and became hooked from that day onwards. I have had a few hiatuses in recent years though going back and forth playing catch-up but I still love it regardless.

AuroriumX

The Interceptor
I first saw the anime and it got me hooked. After that I bought Pokemon Red and I've loved the games ever since.

((JAWS))

Johto Boy
Nice, Squirtle was a boss. Too bad Gary had it while I was playing lol, didn't make me feel like the main character as much lol.

Bleu

Shiny Catcher!
I first saw the Pokemon TV show in 1998 when it was first aired in the UK. At that age I had no idea what the style 'anime' was, but I liked that specific 'cartoon' style so I continued to watch it. I found out about the games through commercials, but at the time we were broke and couldn't afford a Game Boy. I bought my first pokemon game, Sapphire in 2003 and obtained Red, Blue, Yellow, Silver and Gold at a later date.

Lady Umbreon

On my little brother's 12th birthday he got a Game Boy Pocket. Mom had ordered it from a catalog so it came with 2 random games - Donkey Kong Country and Pokemon Blue. The local WB station didn't come in on our TV so none of us had heard of the cartoon or games before.

I used to think that was my first exposure to Pokemon. One day during late gen 1 I was reading a Pokemon fan magazine with an article about the banned episodes. When I read about "Electric Soldier Porygon" I remembered seeing a news report about the seizure event when it first happened. The reporters called the show "Pocket Monsters" and I thought it was based on these toys I used to have that were miniatures of classic movie monsters. I loved those toys and wished the show would come out over here (minus the seizures). I'd gotten my wish without realizing it! It gets weirder - years later I figured out that the toys I was remembering were "Monster in My Pocket", the same brand that made Nintendo rename "Pocket Monsters" as "Pokemon".

((JAWS))

Johto Boy
GBC never gets old ah, still gonna play BW and HGSS though just to keep up with the games.

Snorlax Max

While Supplies Last!
My sister got Pokemon Silver for her birthday. I was around 7 at the time. I wanted to get a Pokemon game solely because my older sister had one. After getting Pokemon Gold I was hooked for life.

Estellise

peachy
When I was 5 or something, I was at my grandma's house and she wanted us to watch this movie (Mewtwo Strikes Back) while she made dinner or something like that. Well, it turned out that I really liked the movie, and wanted to see more of it. That's pretty much how I discovered Pokemon.

Houka

The moment I saw the Pokemon Red/Blue Commercial in Australia when I was about 8 or so I think, I've A Pokemon fan since.

*~Silver*~

I was at school and my friend had this Pokemon Emerald game, and she said she didn't like it because it was for "nerds". She handed it to me saying I was a nerd and would therefore like it.
I took the game, put it in my dad's gameboy and played for HOURS! xD

BJPalmer85

The anime. I remember really liking the first season and didnt realize that it was based off a game. Once I got my hands on the game, it took off from there

B

~Kari~

My friend told me about it, and I thought it sounded interesting. I bought Pokemon Platinum and Emerald and tried them out, and I've been hooked ever since.

Before i began school i spent alot of time watching the pokemon anime. I got more and more interested in the fanchise. I theb started collecting the trading cards and eventually the games. Now not a day goes be where i dont play it on my ds whether its to hatch eggs orjust train.

Sceptile Master

Survivor of the Great Avatar Depression
According to my mother, when I was VERY young I apparently just found the show on tv by turning it on and/or channel surfing. That was when I originally got hooked. I would always watch VHS tapes of it, play with the toys, and play a lot of the N64 games.

...However, there was a period of time when I was out of it for a little while, until some of my friends who lived pretty close by came over with their Gameboy SPs, both with Pokemon Emerald. I saw them playing it, and one encountered Minun, and I thought it was the cutest thing ever and I wanted to get Emerald now too. (That, and overall it looked really fun.) He saved, and let me play a bit of his file to catch a Minun, but I couldn't save. Not too long after I got Emerald and haven't left Pokemon since.

Last edited: