1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

How will Ash-Greninja get its name in Adventures?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Manga Discussion' started by Nightlingbolt, Jan 26, 2018.

1. Nightlingbolt

Nightlingbolt AKA Nightlingbolt

In the anime canon, Ash-Greninja was named because it was Ash's Greninja that underwent the transformation, and it even looked like Ash to boot. Problem with that is, Y's Croaky is stated to have Battle Bond as its ability, and there's no Ash in Adventures, so it begs the question of exactly how the Adventures canon will arrive at the name Ash-Greninja (or Satoshi-Gekkouga in Japanese).

So! Any theories?

2. lolipiece

lolipiece Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Who said it'll be called Ash-Greninja?

Ash's Greninja wasn't the only one to achieve that form, so it stands to reason any Greninja that can use this will just be called (Trainer name)-Greninja based on whoever its Trainer is.

The only reason issue is what the form would look like.

3. Nightlingbolt

Nightlingbolt AKA Nightlingbolt

I don't think they're gonna go that extra mile to make Croaky's Battle Bond mimic Y's appearance.

I suppose they could just handwave it as being named after the Trainer that confirmed the form's existence?

4. Platinum fan.

Platinum fan. Enlightenment

This is just me but hopefully it won't appear at all. I really, really, really don't want it to appear. I'm being really petty here but I don't want it or any of it's trainer's lore in the Adventures universe. Not unless it takes on another form, it is not called Ash-Greninja, and Ash stays in the anime universe. If they want to make a Y-Greninja that's fine by me.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
  5. Redstar45

Redstar45 A champion of kind heart !

Eh i don't think it is worst thing in world as kusaka do like Pokemon anime show as he show the anime stuff in his house.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
  6. Gamzee Makara

Gamzee Makara The Bard of Rage

It'll probably just be named Battle Bond Croaky. I have a feeling future Battle Bond Greninja won't have the text referencing Ash.

I wouldn't sweat it.

7. Lucky3

Lucky3 Well-Known Member

Well, the new colors it gets are red and black, which are Y's colors anyways. The only thing that really makes you think of Ash is the shape of the hair. It would be weird if they turned It into Y's hair, though, considering she's changing it all the time.

8. Redstar45

Well maybe Y won't use it in sun and moon ? Just saying it .

Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
  9. e9310103838

e9310103838 Well-Known Member

She may use it in XY formal volume or in SM / USUM. ;005;

10. horrahforyou

horrahforyou Active Member

It will refer as Y-Greninja / Y-Croaky (Y-Gekkouga / Y-Kerokero) for sure

11. Maxim

Maxim Retired Pokefan

My idea:
    They might redefine "Satoshi" as if it referred to 諭し "guidance", thus creating a translation problem for the English version.

Kusaka loves such double references (often reflected in Pokemon nicknames).

Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
  12. Yukki

Yukki ___

Even in the anime, Ash's Greninja wasn't the first one to get that transformation.

They can name it whatever they want. Ash-Greninja was just Bonnie's simplistic name idea.

13. Redstar45

I am not so sure about that part.

14. e9310103838

e9310103838 Well-Known Member

It is included in PokeSPedia, so we can assume that it appears at some point. :503:

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
  15. Redstar45

great.....i think this is A bad idea for kusaka to making a nod toward Pokemon anime universe. And i am huge Pokemon anime fan myself.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
  16. lolipiece

lolipiece Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Kusaka has referenced the anime well over a dozen times already. FRLG can basically be summed up as "Pokeani references: the arc."

He seems to enjoy reference a lot of Pokemon stuff, including the TCG.

17. Redstar45

Yeah i think that was supposed to be a lost Pokemon anime arc that set in the five years in the future (that was a joke).and I would be fine with a some small nod toward Pokemon anime show and others you know ?

Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
  18. Lucky3

Lucky3 Well-Known Member

In any case, Ash-Greninja is a Pokemon form that exists in the games, and Pokespe is known for trying to showcase everything it can. Plus, there's no point giving Croaky Battle Bond if he's not going to use it, so it's very likely it will appear sooner or later.

Although that makes me wonder if stuff like all those cap Pikachu are going to appear too.

19. mehmeh1

mehmeh1 Well-Known Member

??? Why? What about the FRLG has to do with the anime? The only thing I can think of that is a resemblance is there being 2 deoxys like in movie 7, but even then it's handled very differently.

20. Redstar45

.Mew's eye lashes from the Pokemon anime movie

.Lot of nod toward Mewtwo returns and Mewtwo's personality are retcon into like it's anime's counterpart and can talk too mostly toward his creation and Red and Yellow.

.Dex holders turning to stone like how Ash did in the movie.

.Pike out of his pokeball and it's relationship with Red much like how Ash relationship with his own Pikachu.

.Blue and Red wear Ash's gen 1 belt.

.In Pokemon emerald arc there todd snap (Who shouldn't even be there in the first place.)

.The airship that Carr, Sird, and Orm use is the same one that was used by Giovanni in Mewtwo Returns.

.The M2 Bind resembles the armor that Mewtwo wore in the anime before leaving Giovanni.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2018