• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How will Ash-Greninja get its name in Adventures?

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Yes, yes.

Mewtwo being able to talk through telepathy.

When Mewtwo first reveals itself to Red, it outright quotes the Japanese title of Mewtwo Returns. (I believe VIZ caught that and used "I have returned" in their translation)

And probably more stuff I can't remember.

.Blue and Red wear Ash'sgen 1 belt.

What? When?

.In Pokemon emerald arc there todd snap (Who shouldn't even be there in the first place.)

That's less referencing the anime and more referencing Snap. Sure, he debuted in the anime long before his game came out, but still... [/QUOTE]

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Yes, yes.

Mewtwo being able to talk through telepathy.

When Mewtwo first reveals itself to Red, it outright quotes the Japanese title of Mewtwo Returns. (I believe VIZ caught that and used "I have returned" in their translation)

And probably more stuff I can't remember.

What? When?

That's less referencing the anime and more referencing Snap. Sure, he debuted in the anime long before his game came out, but still...
[/QUOTE]

Well i check again and only Red belt shape like Ash's but doesn't have any black in .
My bad sorry thought that Blue's wear like Red does .

Last edited:

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
In any case, Ash-Greninja is a Pokemon form that exists in the games, and Pokespe is known for trying to showcase everything it can. Plus, there's no point giving Croaky Battle Bond if he's not going to use it, so it's very likely it will appear sooner or later.

Although that makes me wonder if stuff like all those cap Pikachu are going to appear too.

That's basically why I'm asking. Croaky WILL use the form at some point, given that it has Battle Bond instead of Torrent, or even Protean, and I'm just wondering about the etymology of the form as it relates to a canon without Ash (maybe the Japanese version will tie it into Satoshi Tajiri?).

That's basically why I'm asking. Croaky WILL use the form at some point, given that it has Battle Bond instead of Torrent, or even Protean, and I'm just wondering about the etymology of the form as it relates to a canon without Ash (maybe the Japanese version will tie it into Satoshi Tajiri?).
They don't really have to use Ash/Satoshi. Yes, that is how the form is called in the games, but in the anime, it's just a name due to the lack of a better name and the form's actual name is unknown, which means they can use whatever they want.

They can just call it Y-Greninja or Battle Bond Greninja.

Redstar45

[They can just call it Y-Greninja or Battle Bond Greninja.[/QUOTE]
I don't know if kusaka is doing that.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
I'm just trying to figure out if there's any precedent in the whole franchise for a full-on rename. Like, other than reformatting and respellings, I mean.

horrahforyou

Pokemon and Kamen Rider is life
I wonder if example Croaky (with that bond phenomenon thing) fainted or seriously injured after the battle will Y have to faint and suffer too just like Ash?

I'm curious about what will looked like? instead of black sideburns like Ash's maybe honey colored like Y's

Redstar45

I wonder if example Croaky (with that bond phenomenon thing) fainted or seriously injured after the battle will Y have to faint and suffer too just like Ash?

I'm curious about what will looked like? instead of black sideburns like Ash's maybe honey colored like Y's
That would be so weird to see Croaky look like y .....i would rather have it doesn't have that battle bond ability to start with. Game should make it's red in the demo since Ash is base on his gen 1 design.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
That's easy. They'll probably just call it Battle Bond Greninja. That's literally the only other name for Ash Greninja unless they decide not to name it and just call it Greninja.

Redstar45

That's easy. They'll probably just call it Battle Bond Greninja. That's literally the only other name for Ash Greninja unless they decide not to name it and just call it Greninja.
Really ? Just call it battle bond Greninja ? No man it is just plain stupid ......even for pokeani writer teams won't go for it & leave alone kusaka himself would put his head down on that ......let use 2nd one ....the "Greninja" would be better idea to use .

shoz999

Really ? Just call it battle bond Greninja ? No man it is just plain stupid ......even for pokeani writer teams won't go for it & leave alone kusaka himself would put his head down on that ......let use 2nd one ....the "Greninja" would be better idea to use .
Greninja alone would be good but if they really wanted to state a difference in form, similar to how Charizard in Mega Evolution form is called Mega Charizard, there's a pretty good chance it would be called Battle Bond Greninja. Honestly I don't understand how it's plain stupid. Battle Bond Greninja sounds even cooler than Ash Greninja and unlike Ash Greninja, it doesn't feel like lore breaking anime advertisement like SM's handling of it. Maybe they can hint that the Greninja, as a Froakie, used to be owned by a previous trainer from a faraway region as to why it looks somewhat-like Ash oooooor...

Possibly we see X befriend Greninja and unlocking his Battle Bond ability since X shares a lot of similar physical features to Ash, including a red hat and maybe afterwards Y gets Greninja back with X's traits in his battle bond form.

Now that I've actually said that, this one actually kind of makes the most sense. Anyone else got a better theory because I can't really think anyway else that Greninja can obtain Battle Form since "Ash" form can also be "X" form. Actually now that I even think about it further Ash Greninja has a two "X"-like symbols, his red cross on his head and his shuriken shaped like an X... Okay. Now I'm pretty sure this is the most lore-safe way to Ash Greninja in Pokemon Adventures. Ash or "X" Greninja can work in Pokemon Adventures!

Side note - edited this three times, realizing more and more likely how Ash Greninja can actually work in Pokemon Adventures without having Ash in it. Also... I wonder if we will ever see Battle Bond forms for Chesnaught and Delphox. Maybe Delphox will get a new trainer, "Z", in a possible third version/remake.

Last edited:

horrahforyou

Pokemon and Kamen Rider is life
Hmmm... since Ash's Kalos outfit loosely based on Calem's, most likely his jacket design while his cap resembles Red's FRLG cap. God who knows, X teamed up with Y's Greninja against Xerosic.

I don't think Chesnaught and Delphox obtain the Battle Bond as well so leave them alone .

Lastly, we're currently on Gen 7 and not too long we are moving towards Gen 8.

What is the point of having a 3rd Kalos game if Gen 6 already ended nearly 2 years ago?

Last edited:

iml908

I'm guessing they're just not going to call it anything. They don't really have to name it, considering not all alternate forms have names.

shoz999

Hmmm... since Ash's Kalos outfit loosely based on Calem's, most likely his jacket design while his cap resembles Red's FRLG cap. God who knows, X used Croaky Greninja once during a battle with Xerosic.

I don't think Chesnaught and Delphox obtain the Battle Bond as well so leave them alone .

Lastly, we're currently on Gen 7 and not too long we are moving towards Gen 8.

What is the reason to have a 3rd Kalos game if Gen 6 already done nearly 2 years ago?
The third versions? It's based on a theory I had that the remakes will be the third versions featuring Zygarde as there mascot. Take it with a grain of salt but there aren't really a lot of marketable terms that go well with X, themed with Life, and Y, themed with death. Life X or Death Y don't sound very marketable but you know what not only sounds marketable but also follows a trend similar to BW2 and USUM? Pokemon XZ version and Pokemon YZ version. Similar to how BW2 represent Kyurem and how Ultra in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon represents Ultra Necrozma, I assume that GameFreak's best and most likely title for XY remakes would be Pokemon XZ and YZ which could possibly feature a more complete version of X and Y with Zygarde, and his complete form, who will play a bigger role.

Basically to sum up this chain effect, I'm saying the third versions will be the remake with Zygarde as a mascot. From this, we will probably see an Adventures adaptation of this. Again, even though it's the most likely business choice, take it with a grain of salt as we are as you say, far away from such releases.

e9310103838

I hope Croaky to Battle Bond with Y instead of X since it is Y's Greninja. (But does not change its appearance. Make a original Pokemon is not the current course of PMSP.) o_O

shoz999

I hope Croaky to Battle Bond with Y instead of X since it is Y's Greninja. (But does not change its appearance. Make a original Pokemon is not the current course of PMSP.) o_O
Maybe it will inherit both traits. The red symbol on it's head kind of looks like a X and Y crossed together.