• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How will Ash manage a win against Korrina?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LizardonX

Banned
Ash doesn't need to bring any reserve Pokemon in for this gym. Also, between the 4 Pokemon Ash will have by the time he finally faces Korrina in the gym match, he'll be able to pull off a win.

So a 4v1? It must be nice to know how much of a handicap Ash needs just to have a chance.

KKS-Lapras

So a 4v1? It must be nice to know how much of a handicap Ash needs just to have a chance.

What in the world are you talking about, Korrina has at least 3 other Pokemon if she follows the gym match from the games even remotely.

LizardonX

Banned
What in the world are you talking about, Korrina has at least 3 other Pokemon if she follows the gym match from the games even remotely.

And you expect him to beat that lucario and whatever other pokemon she might have with the team he has now?

remember cameron's lucario who took out half of his unova team including a fully evolved flier? And that's without a mega.

Hikatoshi26

I think that Hawlucha and Fletchinder will play large roles against Korrina especially since Fletchinder will prolly learn Nitro charge and Hawlucha is Buizel 2.0 it looks like im not expecting anything from Pikachu or Froakie they had there shine.Time for Fletchinder to get some spotlight...(after it evolves which i am sure will be before the gym battle)

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
I can't picture Ash wanting to use a previous Pokemon to take down Mega Lucario, even if Korrina uses it in the gym battle.

My best assumption is that Hawlucha is the sole reason for Ash's spark of hope.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
I imagine it'll be some kind of mistake on Korrina's part that'll allow Ash and Pikachu to win. Ash gets his badge and can move on, Korrina and Mega Evolutions don't lose all of their credibility yet. Win, win.
So, in other words Korrina's going to take stupid pills just to give Ash a victory. Making a gym leader carry the idiot ball just for Ash to win is still not my cup of tea to be honest, especially when she's been very competent in all her battles so far and masters Mega Evolution in her Mawile episode most likely.

Janovy

Banned
So, in other words Korrina's going to take stupid pills just to give Ash a victory. Making a gym leader carry the idiot ball just for Ash to win is still not my cup of tea to be honest, especially when she's been very competent in all her battles so far and masters Mega Evolution in her Mawile episode most likely.
Korrina is not going to be an idiot. She doesn't even have to make a mistake, Ash can simply come up with an effective strategy. It just needs to be believable enough for us to think that that strategy could actually defeat Mega Lucario.

I know that you love Korrina and dislike Ash but please try to remain unbiased in this sort of discussion.

Also Korrina is not that competent as the guru outright states she is not fit yet to be a gym leader because she is too immature. Lucario is strong but that doesn't make Korrina wise or anything. She still has a lot to learn.

Last edited:

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Korrina is not going to be an idiot. She doesn't even have to make a mistake, Ash can simply come up with an effective strategy. It just needs to be believable enough for us to think that that strategy could actually defeat Mega Lucario.
And his "strategy" is going to be convoluted convenient muck at best. Because even then Korrina has had this Pokemon for how long? Since she was a little girl and actively training it and working with it, being defeated by a Fletchinder he barely used, a newly-caught Hawlucha and relatively inactive Froakie is reaching. Pikachu couldn't touch the thing in its regular form and the Mega stuff is a whole different ballgame.
I know that you love Korrina and dislike Ash but please try to remain unbiased in this sort of discussion.
His battle against Viola was good, the Grant battle was good until Tyrunt came then things got messy. I'll take a three on three against her regular Pokemon over him DEMing his way forward.

Also Korrina is not that competent as the guru outright states she is not fit yet to be a gym leader because she is too immature. Lucario is strong but that doesn't make Korrina wise or anything. She still has a lot to learn.
Even when not Mega Evolved, she was in perfect sync with Lucario and worked excellently with it. Lucario took out a Blaziken of all things and did in Pikachu like nothing, she clearly knows her stuff and she achieved 100 straight wins. Obviously she's not stupid. She still has some to learn because her character isn't static, which is better than a character having nothing to learn and being praised regularly by everyone. Flawless characters are boring anyway.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I don't think see Mega Lucario in the gym, that's overkill for his current team.
Either have him come back later (with his own mega), or don't let her use Lucario period.
And there's no way in hell his team can have a legit 3-3 match along fighting a mega.

Navin

MALDREAD
You guys are seriously overrating Mega Lucario. The old man's Mega Lucario knocked it out without too much trouble. Ash is going to have personnel upgrade by the time he faces Korrina. Fletchinder will have type advantage, Hawlucha is an pre-strong addition, and Froakie/Pikachu will train up. Ash even says he's going to win that gym badge by beating her Mega Lucario, and that's exactly what he'll do.

Janovy

Banned
learn because her character isn't static, which is better than a character having nothing to learn and being praised regularly by everyone. Flawless characters are boring anyway.
*sigh*

I told you already, don't be biased. And what do you do? You blatantly attack Ash. Of course you'll find anything he does convoluted and boring so there really is no point in this discussion. I don't know about you, but I like my character debates objective.

Not:
- Ash is flawless and he sucks.
- Korrina is perfect and she's awesome.

LizardonX

Banned

Can you imagine any other way for ash to win short of korrina not using it then?

Yeah I have a feeling the "challenge" issued by ash is just a load of hot air that won't have any relevance come the actual battle, but there really is no way to make it fair for ash to beat a mega at this point short of calling in his strongest reserves.

zhixun

I think 4 on 1 is the fairest for Satoshi against Corni with Mega Lucario. Otherwise Satoshi will be too strong in my opinion.

nuzamaki90

You guys are seriously overrating Mega Lucario. The old man's Mega Lucario knocked it out without too much trouble. Ash is going to have personnel upgrade by the time he faces Korrina. Fletchinder will have type advantage, Hawlucha is an pre-strong addition, and Froakie/Pikachu will train up. Ash even says he's going to win that gym badge by beating her Mega Lucario, and that's exactly what he'll do.

You forgot the part where that old man is a guru in Mega Evolution and has never lost a battle to Korrina. Gurkinn's Lucario is in full control of his Mega Evolution and it uses its Aura with ease to the point where it made mince meat with Korrina's Lucario even as a regular Lucario.

Also, Korrina's Lucario, before going Mega Saiyan, defeated Gurkinn's Blaziken. Just because Fletchinder has a type advantage means nothing when Lucario is prepared for such.

Even if some of you seem to think that it's a bad idea, ORAS hype has given me hope that Ash brings back Sceptile in order to Mega Evolve and battle against Mega Lucario.

Aegiscalibur

Add Witty Title Here
Ash always beats gym leaders eventually because of plot, but has he won any regular matches recently? Team Rocket doesn't count.

Ray Koya

Later Losers
Ash always beats gym leaders eventually because of plot, but has he won any regular matches recently? Team Rocket doesn't count.

His last win Gym win was in the Battle Chateau over 10 episodes ago. His record in all is pretty mediocre honestly so it would be hard to believe that he could take on Korrina if she went all out considering his less then impressive showing overall so far.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
And his "strategy" is going to be convoluted convenient muck at best.

If he can't beat her through raw power, then he has to resort a lot to improvisation, attacks combinations and a bit of luck, either through abilities or missed attacks. If it isn't enough, he can train and retry later.

Remember that age and strength aren't everything in a match. Skills and tactics are very important as well.

Look for example at the battle between Clemont and his robot. Bunnelby had the disadvantage in terms of power and experience, and yet he managed to win thanks to Clemont's clever strategies and knowledge of his opponent. So pray tell... how come you find this battle good and even praise Clemont's strategy, while Ash's future battle (which has a similar setting, since Ash now has an idea of Korrina's and Lucario's tactics) would be unfair and glorify him?

Because even then Korrina has had this Pokemon for how long? Since she was a little girl and actively training it and working with it, being defeated by a Fletchinder he barely used, a newly-caught Hawlucha and relatively inactive Froakie is reaching. Pikachu couldn't touch the thing in its regular form and the Mega stuff is a whole different ballgame.

By that logic, Cilan's Pansage should be an overpowered juggernaut and be capable to destroy Mega Lucario easily, since Cilan got it when he was still a very young boy and trained it constantly for all those years. And yet, it has got its fair amount of losses though all its run.

Also, by that same logic, no beginner Trainer should even attempt to try to get Badges. I mean, how can you expect to see a young Trainer beat Viola's Pokemon with a beginner Fennekin, since even if it has an advantage it lacks years of experience? Arceus forbid for letting those beginners win against older Trainers, even if they train a lot specifically to do so and learn about their opponents' strategies!

I'll take a three on three against her regular Pokemon over him DEMing his way forward.

But wouldn't that make Ash pathetic, since Korrina has to "depower" herself in order to give him a chance to win? Using his four Pokemon to take out Mega Lucario isn't that unfeasible.

Even when not Mega Evolved, she was in perfect sync with Lucario and worked excellently with it.

Only up to a point, since Lucario tends to act of its own at times. So they aren't in perfect sync. Just almost, for now.

Lucario took out a Blaziken of all things and did in Pikachu like nothing, she clearly knows her stuff and she achieved 100 straight wins.

We don't even know against who she got the wins. If she considered even Team Rocket's Pokemon in her count, then some of those wins could have been done against less experienced people.

Obviously she's not stupid. She still has some to learn because her character isn't static, which is better than a character having nothing to learn and being praised regularly by everyone.

All people can make mistakes. Also, if you are clever enough, you can outsmart even an experienced opponent.

Flawless characters are boring anyway.

Ash isn't a flawless character. Yami Yugi from Yu-Gi-Oh! and Detective Conan are flawless characters. Ash can't even be compared with them.

You may not like him, but that doesn't make him "perfect".

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I imagine it'll be some kind of mistake on Korrina's part that'll allow Ash and Pikachu to win. Ash gets his badge and can move on, Korrina and Mega Evolutions don't lose all of their credibility yet. Win, win.

I doubt Lucario losing to Ash would be all her fault tbh. Also, I'm sure complaints would arise if Ash didn't beat Korrina using his own skills (or at least his usual brand of plot power).

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
And you expect him to beat that lucario and whatever other pokemon she might have with the team he has now?

remember cameron's lucario who took out half of his unova team including a fully evolved flier? And that's without a mega.

Let's face it, there is nothing impressive about the rest of her team. Ash's pokemon should be able to make quick work of Meinfoo and Machoke. I still hold firm that it will be 3 on 3.

Can we never mention that train wreck battle as proof of anything?? As far as I'm concerned, that ******** league should just be forgotten. Oh, and that same Lucario got pwned by a Flareon the next episode if I remember correctly.

Also people really need to stop hyping up Hawlucha so much, seriously all we've seen of him so far is a few seconds of him battling some fighting types. Everybody keeps saying that he is so powerful yet we haven't even seen his full episode yet.

zhixun

Let's face it, there is nothing impressive about the rest of her team. Ash's pokemon should be able to make quick work of Meinfoo and Machoke. I still hold firm that it will be 3 on 3.

Can we never mention that train wreck battle as proof of anything?? As far as I'm concerned, that ******** league should just be forgotten. Oh, and that same Lucario got pwned by a Flareon the next episode if I remember correctly.

Also people really need to stop hyping up Hawlucha so much, seriously all we've seen of him so far is a few seconds of him battling some fighting types. Everybody keeps saying that he is so powerful yet we haven't even seen his full episode yet.

I wonder why you would like a battle being 3 on 3 instead of 4 on 1? I do not want Satoshi to be too powerful here by defeating Mega Lucario without using his whole team.

Status
Not open for further replies.