• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How will Ash manage a win against Korrina?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFonz

Pokemon Semi-Master
Yeah, it was so brutal that Pikachu survived every single super-effective hit..

I can't wait for Ash to defeat Lucario and move on, so that people can stop over-glorifying it's generally average power..

Also, why do people consider the first battle a good one or a good indication of their strength? All Ash did was use Iron Tail and get in too close with a physical attacker and just try to match the attacks...same mistake as against Cameron.

Seriously, I don't get why Ash gets in close and tries to play the whole match each attack game(Iron Tail VS Power Up Punch/Bone Rush, Electro Ball VS Aura Sphere) when he can keep his distance with Quick Attack and get in a ton of Thunderbolts or something creative with the battle field.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I think it will be like the Maylene fight back in 4th gen, Korrina's other two pokemon will be dispatched rather quickly leaving all three of Ash's to take on Lucario.

I expect that as well, however, I hope that her other Pokemon at least put up a decent fight and manage to land some attacks on Ash's Pokemon before Lucario sashays onto the field.

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
I expect that as well, however, I hope that her other Pokemon at least put up a decent fight and manage to land some attacks on Ash's Pokemon before Lucario sashays onto the field.

I don't know how I would feel about that. On one hand, it would show that her other Pokémon could actually do something worthwhile. On the other hand, though, it would make her Mega Lucario seem less powerful if it merely took down the leftovers of Ash's previous Pokémon and was then defeated by Pikachu (I'm assuming that it's a win and not a draw). While I'm not a Lucario lover or hater, I do think that Mega Evolution has shown itself to be quite powerful and it would not be right for Pikachu to defeat a relatively fresh Mega Lucario this early on in the saga, even if the Mega Lucario is explicitly stated to be weaker than other Mega Lucarios or is weaker than other Mega Evolutions. If Ash has any trouble with Korrina's other Pokémon, I would prefer Pikachu to lose and there be a rematch, possibly the whole team vs. Mega Lucario or have it be one of his powerhouses like Charizard or Sceptile vs. Mega Lucario, either of which I think would have the ability to defeat it. The only realistic way Pikachu could beat a relatively fresh Mega Lucario would be if Static activated and Mega Lucario was paralyzed for an extended period of time, something that while not unlikely, is possible. I know that there are people who don't like to bring up the games, but there have been times in the games when after suffering from Paralysis, I have been paralyzed for two and three turns in a row.

Last edited:

thor94

agree, some people seems forget that despite korrina m-lucario is fresh and at 1-5% to few mega and gurkin lucario, it's same for pikachu and ash team: they are at 1-5% from korrina m-lucario power (and 0.05 to gurkin's).
Ash hitting korrina other pokemon quickly in a row like weak cannon folder bugs, would be really a bull*hit.

Navin

MALDREAD
I don't know how I would feel about that. On one hand, it would show that her other Pokémon could actually do something worthwhile. On the other hand, though, it would make her Mega Lucario seem less powerful if it merely took down the leftovers of Ash's previous Pokémon and was then defeated by Pikachu (I'm assuming that it's a win and not a draw). While I'm not a Lucario lover or hater, I do think that Mega Evolution has shown itself to be quite powerful and it would not be right for Pikachu to defeat a relatively fresh Mega Lucario this early on in the saga, even if the Mega Lucario is explicitly stated to be weaker than other Mega Lucarios or is weaker than other Mega Evolutions.

People think Mega Lucario is some god when in previous gyms in the series Ash would encounter another tough gym Pokemon but later find a way to defeat it. Korrina's is not even an experienced Mega Evolution that has unlocked all its potential. Korrina is only the third gym leader. Korrina doesn't battle with complex strategy. This battle is not some PIS as some of you are making it out to be.

If Ash has any trouble with Korrina's other Pokémon, I would prefer Pikachu to lose and there be a rematch, possibly the whole team vs. Mega Lucario or have it be one of his powerhouses like Charizard or Sceptile vs. Mega Lucario, either of which I think would have the ability to defeat it. The only realistic way Pikachu could beat a relatively fresh Mega Lucario would be if Static activated and Mega Lucario was paralyzed for an extended period of time, something that while not unlikely, is possible. I know that there are people who don't like to bring up the games, but there have been times in the games when after suffering from Paralysis, I have been paralyzed for two and three turns in a row.

Charizard, Sceptile, Infernape, Snorlax, Glalie, Krookodile, Kingler, Swellow, Heracross, Bulbasaur, Gliscor, and Gible are all more than capable of defeating Korrina's Mega Lucario. Pikachu the Latios Slayer could easily do it. Heck, super-effective Fletchinder, melee-experienced aerial-advantage Hawlucha, or Based Matrix NeoFroakie could do the job too.

BJack

Zura
I'd take a win if Ash won via unfair teamwork, a.k.a 2 vs. 4, Mienfoo/Mega Luke vs. Ash's whole arsenal.

Didn't people complain with the 3 vs. 2 in the Grant battle? I agree with the 2 vs. 4 but it seems that people will still complain anyways.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Didn't people complain with the 3 vs. 2 in the Grant battle? I agree with the 2 vs. 4 but it seems that people will still complain anyways.
It's a lesser of two evils in this case for me. And honestly, it doesn't underplay the power of Ash's Pokemon or underplay Mega Lucario and Korrina's. Mienfoo defeats Fletchinder with Hawlucha taking out Mienfoo. Then Hawlucha, Froakie and Pikachu begin mopping up what's left after Korrina's regular Lucario fights Froakie and Hawlucha and then Mega Evolves for Pikachu.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Also, why do people consider the first battle a good one or a good indication of their strength? All Ash did was use Iron Tail and get in too close with a physical attacker and just try to match the attacks...same mistake as against Cameron.

Seriously, I don't get why Ash gets in close and tries to play the whole match each attack game(Iron Tail VS Power Up Punch/Bone Rush, Electro Ball VS Aura Sphere) when he can keep his distance with Quick Attack and get in a ton of Thunderbolts or something creative with the battle field.

It's basically because they either want to downplay Ash's abilities, or overrate Korrina and Lucario to a ridiculous extent.. and then call everyone who points this out "an Ash worshipper", or something similarly ridiculous..

I'm not being funny, but when a mega evolution can't even wipe the floor with a first stage electric pokemon (while using multiple ground type attacks at that), then I don't exactly see it as a huge threat.. especially not to a team consisting of that electrical Pokemon, a frog with ninja fighting heritage, and a fire type and fighting type who both also hold the flying type. I mean, that's four super effective type advantages just within the latter two Pokemon.. doesn't take a genius to see that Korrina's screwed, whether her not-so-almighty Lucario can mega evolve or not..

Oh and we don't even know how they will work as a team anyway, since before now we've just seen Lucario doing it's own thing without any real command, 90% of the time..

Deitylight

Legendary Trainer
agree, some people seems forget that despite korrina m-lucario is fresh and at 1-5% to few mega and gurkin lucario, it's same for pikachu and ash team: they are at 1-5% from korrina m-lucario power (and 0.05 to gurkin's).
Ash hitting korrina other pokemon quickly in a row like weak cannon folder bugs, would be really a bull*hit.

We wouldn't even be having this discussion if Lucario, outside of mega evolution, didn't punt Pikachu that badly. Never mind the fact that Pikachu is highly in consistence.
The writers could have written them to be evenly match one another on their first battle and have mega evolution give Lucario the edge but they didn't take that route.
This would have solved so many problems.

Silver Chariot

Knight of Silver
I wonder, would Mega Luke' power be different now that Korrina knows how to control him now?
I mean when he became Enraged, he had an advantage by doing moves with no command.

Lorde

We wouldn't even be having this discussion if Lucario, outside of mega evolution, didn't punt Pikachu that badly. Never mind the fact that Pikachu is highly in consistence.
The writers could have written them to be evenly match one another on their first battle and have mega evolution give Lucario the edge but they didn't take that route.
This would have solved so many problems.

I agree. Korrina's Lucario's first battle with Pikachu set up the expectations for Ash's Gym battle with Korrina. And for me, since I know that Ash wins most of his battles with questionable, last-minute "strategies," it only makes his inevitable win here something to dread imho.

KKS-Lapras

He won't.

Unless ash loses/ties.

Yep, because we haven't already seen Ash lose or tie against various Lucarios in the past, that would just be so original and interesting and fulfilling for so many of us. You really have things pegged don't you, you just think you know exactly what Ash is capable of, and anything more would just push the edge to far for someone that spends all his time talking about the limits of what Ash and his team supposedly have.

If Ash wins, which I feel is more inevitable then anything, I'm really going to relish in it, because some of you will simply boil over, because the oh so powerful god that is Lucario/Mega Lucario will finally have been knocked down a peg.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
I agree. Korrina's Lucario's first battle with Pikachu set up the expectations for Ash's Gym battle with Korrina. And for me, since I know that Ash wins most of his battles with questionable, last-minute "strategies," it only makes his inevitable win here something to dread imho.
I don't have a problem with some of those strategies, it's the plot armor and potential DEM that bothers me. Hopefully this isn't as bad as the Talonflame deal.

KKS-Lapras

I don't have a problem with some of those strategies, it's the plot armor and potential DEM that bothers me. Hopefully this isn't as bad as the Talonflame deal.

Seeing as you're one of only a few still pushing that, clearly many of us weren't bothered by it. Ash will likely win due to superior strategy and his Pokemon's determination. It really often does boil down to those two factors.

Lorde

Depends how the match plays out and if Ash's other Pokemon get to strike Lucario before fainting imo, but I think another DEM win would just be easier for the writers. :x

Status
Not open for further replies.