• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How will Diamond and Pearl affect your fanfic?

IceKing

Sexorific!
My main fic is still stuck in the Johto era XD But it's cancelled now, so I guess it won't matter. D/P already affected my only chaptered fic, A Scarlet Christmas, because I was able to have an evolution for Sneasel (back when it was still called Manyula, which is so much cooler than Weavile). Also, I have an upcoming one-shot all about Diamond/Pearl pokemon. So yes, I would say my fics are relatively affected. But I'm not gonna include D/P elements for the sake of it, if its useful to me, then yes, I shall.

The whole point of fanfiction is that were presented with a canon and working with it, not scrapping it. otherwise, why not just write original works? And I'm as guilty as anyone for canon warping, but I thinks it's only fair to include Shinoh.

Thing about that is, pokemon is a universe, a whole system and when we write pokemon fanfiction, we can really incorporate its elements to make our own story about those wonderful pocket monsters and go off on our different paths whether it be horror or action or just a normal old generic. We're the writers of pokemon fanfiction, we make the rules, not the genre. Everyone is entitled to their own philosophy, but I gotta agree with Sike on that we should be able to write what we want about pokemon as we are given such a broad mythology of sorts to use.

...Wow, I feel kinda queesy

each and every one of us has the right to write what we want

Unless its too sexy!

katiekitten

The Compromise
...Won't affect mine, either. My latest one isn't really pokemon centric, and the others are use the pokemon I know more about. I haven't really been keeping up with the new releases, which will mean I'm in for a nice surprise whenI get it, hopefully. XD

At this point, no.

I'm coming down to my final pokemon fanfictions. The only times I dare to include a new pokemon, is if they get an english name.

The newest season of the Pokemon Anime doesn't affect it either. In The Deadliest Tournament, after Ash does The Battle Frontier, he goes on to, what I like to call the Elite League, which is only meant for the best of the best. (Hence it's name.) As you can see, it takes a different path from what the Anime hoped to.

Pokemon-wise for The Deadlist Tournament? Nope. I set it up and so that it will only include those up to the RSE Generation.

To be fully honest, DP actually improved one of my fics. When Weavile showed up, it made it possible for a sequal to come forth from The Trials of the Pendant, which was entitled The New Trials of the Pendant. (Probably lame, but at least I'm getting it done.) Weavile is the new villian that has come forth.

I know that there will be reviewers who have a certian kind of ego and will flame me for certian reasons for certian things not being put in, but they forget, the author controls everything and nothing else truly changes it. :)

Sybot

When I first posted in this thread I didn't know about the God Pokemon. Now that I do...that changes everything. I can't ignore it, as I don't want to exclude any Legendaries, but I can't use it as it is. I'm going to have to think of a way to write it off as unimportant, which is not going to be easy...

Chaos Emperor

No hope.....
Sybot, what's this about a God Pokemon? I thought Ho-oh was the God pokemon. Ah, man; this might complicate my fic. If anyone has info about this God pokemon, please tell me.

Arcanine Royale

There you go.

Does anybody have any ideas about how to keep it around in a fic, but make it so that it isn't the 'God' of everything?

Well, you could assume that there are different "pantheons" of gods. (Like in Greek/Roman or Norse mythology. The D/P legendaries could be gods with Areseus as "King" and Mew/Ho-ho, whoever else would be the "King" of the RBYGSCRSE Pantheon.

Zerodius

Eternally hating D/P
Actually, the "God Pokemon" is Aruseus, whose picture is available in the Serebii main page news... and frankly, after getting infos about him, I can say without fail that Aruseus is probably the greatest problem with D/P if not the greatest calamity ever to befall the Pokemon canon, probably even worse than the "Pokemon All Eggs" and "Frontier Brains catch Legendaries" cases.

Before he came into the picture, the Pokemon World had no set god or goddess. You had a pantheon of more or less equal deities with unique strenghts and weaknesses. Mew was the closest thing to a goddess you had back then and even then, both Mewtwo and Ho-oh were there to prove that Mew wasn't absolute.

Aruseus is not a new Legendary. He breaks the picture completely.

Aruseus is THE God of all Pokemon, THE Creator of the universe, THE Unique God, THE almighty One. He has stats more than double of everyone else, can learn almost every attack if not every attack, has no set type so you can't make a strategy against him (indeed, Aruseus is "shape-shifting" and not only that but you can CHOOSE his element), he is "too powerful to catch" (ALL Pokeballs, including Masterballs, DOESN'T WORK)...

In short, he is the creator of everything and the ultimate master, the only TRUE Legendary Pokemon, all the others only being mere pawns and servants.

Aruseus completely eliminate the Legendary system from the precedent games and thus, if you use Legendaries in your fic, he is a good enough reason to ignore D/P altogether.

Sure, if you want a perfect and almighty God character in your fic (BOO! HISS!), then Aruseus fit the role perfectly. Else, you will definitely want to steer clear from him at all cost.

Last edited:

Lady Myuu

Damsel mostly Stressed.
Pretty simple answer to using Aruseus, whom I adore and will not bash. Nor does he mess up my legendry system at all. Even though Zues had alot of power behind him and was nearly unstoppible.

What was Zues' fault? He was still very much mortal in emotions, feelings, flaws. He had a thing for women, he had a thing for his sister of all things...

It really is still open ended about Aruseus, you can EASILY give him something that keeps him from going 'almighty god on your butt' how?

Because he doesn't have to be a all perfect being, heck in my fanfics legenderies can't be captured in pokeballs, not even masterballs, thus the whole 'can't be caught thing' doesn't really apply to me.

Also there is a matter that makes Aruseus fun to use, he can be all powerful or whatever cuz oh wow he can use every element (which is cool but still you'd have to determine his attacks around one element) and such.... but in some religions, a God, may be powerful but can not stop free will, which is the right for mortals and others to chosoe for themselves. Either the God has chosen to abide by this rule itself or that it is just how things are.

In most multigod religions, the gods did have rules to follow. Just because Aruseus is the 'Big Bad God of DOOM' as it seems or whatever the game is throwing at us. THere are ways around such a problem. Such as the theory that he started the world and then left demi gods such as the other legenderies to continue it, not having a thing to do with it anymore.

Or perhaps he can not inflict or cause pain to any life because that would be 'unholy' even to those who are cruel, meaning he can NOT cause someone pain and making him while all powerful, defensless. This are just some theories I have created for fics in general. I take what the games throw at me...

and I run wtih it, I don't have to follow every freakin rule the games says, I don't have to follow everything and I don't have to listen to people who whine because something doesn't fit with their stories. If it doesn't, then don't apply it, its an open slate people, you are just using the elements handed to you to create a world with.

... why must we freak out? Adapting or not is your choice.

Aruseus is as powerful as you want him to be, he can have his powers but as I have the pokemon world, the legenderies are not perfect.

Not even the god of all pokemon.

hmm... what if humans don't count as pokemon... who is the god of humans... hmm...

*idles*

edit: these are just theories of mine, but seriously, think beyond the limitations of the games ._.
Zero; careful, you tend to act like your opinion is the only one thats right, which gets on peoples nerves. Mainly mine.

Last edited:

Sybot

I've got it!

Without saying too much (for fear of spoiling my fic), there are three Gods (not literally, they are merely extremely powerful rather than omnipotent) that will eventually have an impact on my story; the God of Pokemon, the God of Humanity, and the God of the Earth. If I make it so that these are all different aspects of the one true God (Aruseus), then all the problems instantly disappear!

Well...not exactly, there's still a few kinks to work out, but my storyline is in much better shape now.

I recommend that anyone who is having trouble with Him to do something similar; put Him at the top of the food chain and then ignore Him (say He's a non-interfering God or something).

Edit- I should add that having Aruseus as my God of Pokemon would be good and solve many problem, but unfortunately is not possible due to various storyline reasons.

Last edited:

Hexagram

Sic Transit Mundus
Diamond and Pearl is my fanfic. All the poekmon in the fic are in the games, even if they're from other generations.

Arusues could be useful to me, considering my whacked interpretation of the Pokemon world. But my Aruseus wouldn't be extant by the time of any of the storylines I plan to write in. It would only appear in flashbacks.
I can't ignore D/P Pokemon. But I can choose which to use. Anyway, mythology under my interpretation is more like the Greek Gods. And Aruseus would be like an amalgamation of the Titans. Basically meaning a demented nutso is responsible for creation. Also, need I remind anyone that the legends are not authoritative. The PokeDex may or may not be right as to the roles of certain legendaries. It is up to the writer's discretion how much of it he or she uses.
On another note, I am for sure using Elecable. And Gaburaisu just seems like a perfect villain's Pokemon.
But back to Aruseus. Ideally, for the most fun, Aruseus could be what the Pokemon universe is made of, figuratively. Like the lesser gods rebelled and killed him, and turned his body into the cosmos! Sumerian legends>Most others.
And a merger of Sumerian and Greek is Win.
'Scuse me for the pointless ramble.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
The PokeDex may or may not be right as to the roles of certain legendaries. It is up to the writer's discretion how much of it he or she uses.
Too true.

Everything is open to interpretation. the Pokedex says there are many Latis, but you don't see me treating that as law now, eh?

Now then, Areseus is perect for my Fic. He does not have to be godly and immortal, as i used to have Pokegods in my fic, and not even THEY were immortal! Can't be caught by a Master Ball or anything? Who said the Master Ball is all that there is? Human innovaton knows no bounds. (I'll leave it to you guys to determine whether that statement refers to the humans in my fic, or to myself. xP)

That said, I might as well explain my plan:

Areseus may be stronger than the others, but after the Revolution, he grew nervous. He had already been so insecure as to find a way to be in control of his own little world since the real world was never subject to fate, and could not even be dominated by legends. And with so much riot and insurrection, he fled, knowing that just three, or even two Legendaries could overthrow him. Where did he flee? I've already told you. ;)

So the moral of this story is, if you see a landmine in your living room, don't try to move it out of the way, just paint it a different color and move some furniture around it or something. :D

~Chibi~;249;;448;

Dragonfree

Just me
Actually, the "God Pokemon" is Aruseus, whose picture is available in the Serebii main page news... and frankly, after getting infos about him, I can say without fail that Aruseus is probably the greatest problem with D/P if not the greatest calamity ever to befall the Pokemon canon, probably even worse than the "Pokemon All Eggs" and "Frontier Brains catch Legendaries" cases.

Before he came into the picture, the Pokemon World had no set god or goddess. You had a pantheon of more or less equal deities with unique strenghts and weaknesses. Mew was the closest thing to a goddess you had back then and even then, both Mewtwo and Ho-oh were there to prove that Mew wasn't absolute.

Aruseus is not a new Legendary. He breaks the picture completely.

Aruseus is THE God of all Pokemon, THE Creator of the universe, THE Unique God, THE almighty One. He has stats more than double of everyone else, can learn almost every attack if not every attack, has no set type so you can't make a strategy against him (indeed, Aruseus is "shape-shifting" and not only that but you can CHOOSE his element), he is "too powerful to catch" (ALL Pokeballs, including Masterballs, DOESN'T WORK)...

In short, he is the creator of everything and the ultimate master, the only TRUE Legendary Pokemon, all the others only being mere pawns and servants.

Aruseus completely eliminate the Legendary system from the precedent games and thus, if you use Legendaries in your fic, he is a good enough reason to ignore D/P altogether.

Sure, if you want a perfect and almighty God character in your fic (BOO! HISS!), then Aruseus fit the role perfectly. Else, you will definitely want to steer clear from him at all cost.

Look, you need to realize something.

Your interpretations of Lucario, Aruseusu or whatever are your fault. If you chose to interpret Lucario as a legendary before we knew anything about it, that's your fault. If you choose to interpret Aruseusu as a "perfect" and "almighty" god that's "too powerful to catch", can "learn almost every attack", has "stats more than double that of anyone else" and is "the only true legendary Pokémon", that's your fault. (Supposedly creating the world does not suddenly make it "perfect" and "almighty", you know... "too powerful to catch"? Where did you pull that from? It has a catch rate of 3, just like Mewtwo, Rayquaza, etc... nothing says it can "learn almost every attack" or is "the only true legendary Pokémon", and having "stats more than double that of anyone else" is just plain not true) If you want to ruin the fourth generation for your fic, go ahead and do it, but don't go ranting about how the fourth generation sucks for it, because it is entirely your own fault you interpreted it that way, and please let people who don't ruin things for themselves do what they want with the fourth generation without you screaming doomsday.

Last edited:

Ash_Junior

Irredeemable Nerd
heh...Areseus, eh?

kind of screws up what I've written so far concerning the Titans...

however...that just means that I have to get creative...:D

Chaos Emperor

No hope.....
In my fic, Mew was supposed to be the "All Powerful" one. The main character discovers a great evil only he and Mew (with the help of an ancient hero) can stop. With Areseus, I might have to rethink this part so Areseus is the one who helps the hero save the world.

Why can't Nintendo keep things simple? Years ago, Mew was the ultimate pokemon. Its pokedex description even says its DNA contains the data of ALL pokemon, so how can there be something that is stronger than Mew?

This is just as annoying as Regigigas. 2/3 of the way through the story, the hero battles an evil man who has the 3 regis, now I have to try to write Regigigas into the story.

Also, the new evos/pre-evos can present a problem. Many pokemon in my story will get an evo or pre-evo (Kirlia, Magneton, Eevee to name a few).

Another problem is the new legendaries. Legendary pokemon play a big part in my story, as the main plot involves the hero saving the world from the "great evil". The bad guys try to control many legendary pokemon throughout my fic, though only one serves the evil ones in the end.

Darkrai can be a bother too. My story involved a dark legendary, but it was to be a pokemon of my own creation; now I might have to rethink this part to feature this pokemon.

Long story short, pokemon Diamond and Pearl will cause my fic to be rewritten in many ways. The prolouge and first 5 chapters are ready to go; if anyone knows where and how to post them, please tell me, and I'll get them up and begin chapter 6 as soon as possible. Also, if anyone wants a brief synopsis of the story and its plot, PM me, and I'll tell you when I can.

Lady Myuu

Damsel mostly Stressed.
Chaos Emperor, my suggestion?

Donot. Change. A. Thing.

No one is telling you to adapt your whole story to 4th gen, you started it before it and since pokemon is a constant changing world... how the heck can you possibly keep up with it?

Plus why is it because Mew has 'the dna of all pokemon' makes her god? why not a common ancestor? Evolution right? Perhaps a long time ago... there was mroe then one mew that over time they began to adapt into what they are now (Maybe not as powerful as the original) or something.

[/has no idea what she is talking about. darn me]

Meh I just think we over hype this whole thing. If it really miffs ya, you REALLY don't have to change the whole world of your ideas just to fit.

Its really ok. Heck if someone reviews and goes 'but Aruseus is god of all pokemon!'

Just tell them that this is before fourth gen came about and wasn't really possible to changing your whole story.

OR that perhaps Mew can be an all powerful thing too? I mean just cuz the dex says Aruseus is the 'God of all pokemon' why can't there be other gods maybe smack dab under him barely? Aruseus could be the lazy god ;x

Brian Random

I WAS FROZEN TODAY!!
In my current series of PI, not a bit...

They gave me some ideas for the next series. ^^

And I do hope that some of them give me ideas for my future comedy one-shots. ^^

Dragonfree

Just me
In my fic, Mew was supposed to be the "All Powerful" one. The main character discovers a great evil only he and Mew (with the help of an ancient hero) can stop. With Areseus, I might have to rethink this part so Areseus is the one who helps the hero save the world.

Why can't Nintendo keep things simple? Years ago, Mew was the ultimate pokemon. Its pokedex description even says its DNA contains the data of ALL pokemon, so how can there be something that is stronger than Mew?

This is just as annoying as Regigigas. 2/3 of the way through the story, the hero battles an evil man who has the 3 regis, now I have to try to write Regigigas into the story.

Also, the new evos/pre-evos can present a problem. Many pokemon in my story will get an evo or pre-evo (Kirlia, Magneton, Eevee to name a few).

Another problem is the new legendaries. Legendary pokemon play a big part in my story, as the main plot involves the hero saving the world from the "great evil". The bad guys try to control many legendary pokemon throughout my fic, though only one serves the evil ones in the end.

Darkrai can be a bother too. My story involved a dark legendary, but it was to be a pokemon of my own creation; now I might have to rethink this part to feature this pokemon.

Long story short, pokemon Diamond and Pearl will cause my fic to be rewritten in many ways. The prolouge and first 5 chapters are ready to go; if anyone knows where and how to post them, please tell me, and I'll get them up and begin chapter 6 as soon as possible. Also, if anyone wants a brief synopsis of the story and its plot, PM me, and I'll tell you when I can.

@_@ You don't need to change everything! Come on, doesn't anybody have any creativity around here? If canon is messing up your fic, just write some wormhole around it. In fact, in your case it's extremely easy! Just make Aruseusu an indifferent god who doesn't want to interfere with the problems of the world, and Mew is the one with a heart who wants to fight to stop evil, or something. You don't even need to mention Aruseusu; I'm just showing how it can be possible for only Mew to be able to stop evil whether Aruseusu is around or not. Why do all Pokémon with new evolutions need to evolve? Why does the guy with the Regis need Rejigigasu as well? My fic revolves around legendary Pokémon and the arrival of R/S didn't mess it up one bit except where I felt like changing it. If I could do it, you can do it too.

Everybody seems to be up there in the extremes. Either IGNORE the fourth generation or OMGCHANGEEVERYTHING because it sucks for breaking all your precious fanon in your interpretation of it. The obviously easiest way around is just to change your interpretation until your personal fanon all fits together. Believe me, it's possible.