• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How will Diamond and Pearl affect your fanfic?

Ash_Junior

Irredeemable Nerd
after consideration, I've realized that this doesn't mess me up AT ALL. After all, my Titans are more powerful than ALL of the Legendaries COMBINED (and that's just hte weakest one). 'course, they don't interfere with this world that much ('cept in the Engaran Wars fics :D)...

they recreated the world after we humans destroyed out own world, and set Pokemon to providd a common foe so we wouldn't destroy ourselves again. Then they created the Legendaries (though they alled them protectors) to help keep the peace, and to keep Pokemon from destroying us.

Areuseus?

meh, he can be a head honcho, along with Mew....:D

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Fifteen Minutes.

Ya hear me? That's how long it took me to completely 100% redesign my ENTIRE fic's Legendary-based plotline. Wanna know how much actual content has to be rewitten? Nothing whatsoever. Not only that, but six plotholes are instantly gone, a seventh could possibly be covered up, and my prequel suddenly became interesting again.

Now if I can do all that in fifteen friggin mintues, then you guys' doom and gloom predictions concering Legendary fics is just laziness or lack of imagination. And it couldn't be the latter, because I'm very un-creative.

~Chibi~;249;;448;

pokefreak1990

the wicked witch
it helps two of my fics. the first is Amazing Race: Pokemon Edition. noe instead of just doing challanges in the first three regions they can do four, plus the mountians can be used as a challange.
and the other one is my Pokemon Adventure Stories where two people Fire Red and Water Blue go to all the regions to get the badges. now the story will be longer.

Dragonfree

Just me
Fifteen Minutes.

Ya hear me? That's how long it took me to completely 100% redesign my ENTIRE fic's Legendary-based plotline. Wanna know how much actual content has to be rewitten? Nothing whatsoever. Not only that, but six plotholes are instantly gone, a seventh could possibly be covered up, and my prequel suddenly became interesting again.

Now if I can do all that in fifteen friggin mintues, then you guys' doom and gloom predictions concering Legendary fics is just laziness or lack of imagination. And it couldn't be the latter, because I'm very un-creative.

~Chibi~;249;;448;
^ Exactly what I'm talking about. It's not as difficult as you think to fit it all in without having to change everything - it can even be helpful by covering up plot holes or something similar.

Just stop whining, okay?

Ash_Junior

Irredeemable Nerd
yep you are right Dragonfree. some people are just spassing out over nothing. people you can have your stories take place BEFORE the FOURTH generation of Pokemon.

*makes face*

I hate it when people talk about the different generations.

for me, it's all one generation, and all the Pokemon that are made in subsequent generations have always existed. that way, no more Pokmeon are *found*.

it just....blows people's suspension of disbelief right out of the water.

Faerie

MONS
Well, let's see here. I'm not writing any fics that have anything to do with Shinou, so I'm in no trouble there. None of my fics include any Pokemon that have new evos, so that's not an issue either. So I don't think I'm going to have any trouble in that sense.

Of course, Shinou doesn't exactly spell trouble for fanfic writers. The Diamond and Pearl saga can actually be quite benificial in some cases, for instance those who are writing about some trainer's travels through various reigons will have an extention if they finished the most recent reigon and want to continue. Also some Pokemon have new evolutions that can lead to new plot twists, blah blah blaaaah...You get the picture. It can really have a positive or negative effect on a given fanfic.

I'm probably one of the less affeted authors by DP. I mainly write about Magma- and Aqua-dan, who have no relation to anything Shinou. If I don't write about them, then I write short one-shots about nothing in particular. If I don't write about THAT, then I write shipping fics. And besides (this is what other people don't seem to be getting), if I don't want to include anything to do with DP in my fanfics, I don't have to. Even if it's a Pokemon who has a new evolution or pre-evolution and what I write has become obsolete/incorrect, it really doesn't matter. If I'm not making sense to you, here's two words:

Creative license.

Hel-looo.

Last edited:

~*Nobody*~

samonsterX
It wont, nuff said. Until I get english names that I can remember I'll be keeping Mew all powerfull and what not. So noting is changing in my fic. Not yet.

Aquaspoon

Do NOT go near...
I'm kinda stuffed with my fic because I don't know any of the D/P legendarys...

Hell, I'll just won't include them.

Iveechan

<--- CHANTASTIC
I don't write fics anymore, but I never did use legendaries (except for a humor fic) because the majority of my stories are down to earth. Heh, I guess the only thing that really changed is that there's now reason for the elemental punches to be strong for Hitmonchan where before I said "Screw special attack, they're strong because I want them to be!" I learned long ago since the GS era to not become too attached to fan-created Pokemon, or be willing to make tweaks if any new Pokemon "ruin" them.

Komedic Konservationist

N00b in the dungeon!
The Crystal Harp is mostly centered around the Johto legendaries, so Aruseus won't really affect it in anyway. However, I am going to try and weave a Manmuu into the later chapters in the form of a plot-device, seeing as I already have a large array of Piloswine characters.

PDL

disenchanted
Okay, so at least a week or so has passed since I first made the thread. I may have been a bit of klaxon when I made the original post. Now that I've seen the monsters (or at least their game sprites) I can see many of these new monsters being interesting potential characters. Although I still need to know more about them before they actually appear in any of my fanfiction.

Kiyohime

Eh, even if Arseus has crashed the party as the original Creation God thingy, I'm still sticking to Mew, Ho-oh and Lugia in Aeon...simply because I'm too lazy to change EVERYTHING. XD Though, I must admit Arseus is a neat-looking Pogey. Maybe I'll throw in a cameo for him, but that's about it. :p

Torkoal

What? Exactly
In the new fic I'm making Arseus will be playing a very big role. Also it is a trainer fic, so I'll probably give my characters some 4th Gen. Pokemon just for giggles.

Chaos Emperor

No hope.....
@_@ You don't need to change everything! Come on, doesn't anybody have any creativity around here? If canon is messing up your fic, just write some wormhole around it. In fact, in your case it's extremely easy! Just make Aruseusu an indifferent god who doesn't want to interfere with the problems of the world, and Mew is the one with a heart who wants to fight to stop evil, or something. You don't even need to mention Aruseusu; I'm just showing how it can be possible for only Mew to be able to stop evil whether Aruseusu is around or not. Why do all Pokémon with new evolutions need to evolve? Why does the guy with the Regis need Rejigigasu as well? My fic revolves around legendary Pokémon and the arrival of R/S didn't mess it up one bit except where I felt like changing it. If I could do it, you can do it too.

Everybody seems to be up there in the extremes. Either IGNORE the fourth generation or OMGCHANGEEVERYTHING because it sucks for breaking all your precious fanon in your interpretation of it. The obviously easiest way around is just to change your interpretation until your personal fanon all fits together. Believe me, it's possible.

I need Arueseus because of the requirements for the hero to become strong enough to destroy the ultimate evil. He needs 3 things: energy from 3 ancient heroes, energy from a super-powerful pokemon created by the ancient heroes, and energy from the ULTIMATE pokemon. Ultimate as in the Alpha and Omega kind of pokemon.

The evil guy who challenges the hero has to have all 4 regis because he's a descendant of the family that has protected the regis for over 1500 years. He falls under the evil of the true villain, resulting in him using the regis against anyone who stands in the way of the villain and his motives.

Not all pokemon with evolutions need to evolve, but some of these evolutions (like the Kirlia split evo), may be stronger. The hero has friends who need to help him in his quest to destroy evil; he can't do it alone, and his friends help him out, so their pokemon need to become strong to help him.

You say your fic revolves around legendary pokemon; well, so does mine. Once the hero is aware of his destiny, the evil ones begin to pursue the legends so they can take over the world. Only he can stop them with the help of a trainer who helped eliminate evil centuries earlier (one of the 3 ancient heroes).

Yes, I can write a wormhole that means I ignore continuity errors within the games, but my fic tries to follow the continuity of the games and anime as close as possible. For example, I could write it so Ash wasn't the one who helped quiet Groudon and Kyogre in Hoenn, but my fic is supposed to take place 15 years after Ash finishes his journey, so following the continuity of the anime is very important.

DANdotW

Previously Iota
The only thing it'll do is add to my fics. New attacks are a bonus, new Pokémon are a cinch to write in, and I can easily edit in the english names when they come about.

In fact, Aruseus actaully gave me an idea for a fic, considering the plates and it's final attack. I actually really like this new set of games, and its extremely beneficial to anyone who wants to take the time to edit their work. If they don't, then don't. I still have a Fic going that has May grumble about her lack of Water-Types, when Squirtle was clearly introduced to her team in Battle Frontier.

Reason? I didn't want to change my story. I had new captures planned, new storylines. I didn't want to change it.

And my most recent fic's aren't affected at all, since the thing I write most is Journey Fic's, and they either start in Kanto, and progress on to the others, or I have all the region's Pokémon available anywhere.

Either way, like I said, the only thing this has given me is extra ideas.

Iota