• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How will Diamond and Pearl affect your fanfic?

rybo5000

<- so cute <3
once all english names are revealed ect. i will have my heros travel to another region (not shinou a made up region) and there will be shinou pokemon there!
My hero will be getting a togepi soon so eventually that should evolve into a togekiss! Plus maybe will give other character Rydon to evolve ect.
Bye

Ash_Junior

Irredeemable Nerd
dude/...that's how I cn keep Mew more powerful than Arseus...

in my fics, there is a type more powerful than all the Legendariesput together (see my Titan post somewhere above). My solution is that Arseus and a titan had a baby, and Mew was the result. Not quiteArseus, but not quite a Titan, either.

More powerful than Arseus, not quite as powerful as a Titan.

*drools*

that would make my Mewtwos (and Mewthrees, and probably Fours and fives in the last fic of the Engaran WArs Trilogy) VERY dangerous.

DUDE.

this makes my fic SO much better....:D

Orange_Flaaffy

Jello Pokéballs
The only way D/P will effect my fanfic is if they make serious changes to most of the 1st gen pokemon to tell a male from a female (like the spot on Butterfree's wing) that I have to add some detail about in the story :p

Tale

I guess I'll have to start introducing some of them, otherwise my fic will be a little out of date really. Not far in at all, so slipping the odd pogey in now and then wouldn't hurt the plot or anything - perhaps when the US names are revealed though.

Knightblazer

Memories in the Rain
Hmm... I have been awaiting for the D/P legends for my fic, but then suddenly the apperance of Araesus... >.>... I'm going 'Damn'.

A lot will change in my fic, I guess. Espically when Rukario's not even a legend. :/ But I'll still keeping him as a legend. He pwns j00. >=) The other legends will most likely be included as well. I aleady have plans for the fouth Regi and the Rayquanza jobby Trio, as well as Pariuka/Diragua/Girtana. The dark legendary'll also have losta loveeeeeee. :3

But Araesus remains to be seeen. :X

Knightblazer ;262;

Praxiteles

Friendly POKéMON.
Oh, my fic will remain unchanged. Mainly because I never write about a region until I've played it at least five times and memorized its every feature. And I bet you, if I actually get to play D/P, I'll eat Agnos. I'm not kidding!

Actually, my fic steers clear of legendaries completely. The whole thing is about a mortal crisis chiefly affecting mortals. The only legendary that is related to the thing is a sort of 'guardian' legendary, and his/her conflicts and hierarchy is never even talked about. You could say it's a very earthly story. And this would be the reason why the new legendaries do absolutely nothing to the plot.

And even if they present something universally consequent in D/P, I'm ignoring it. It's called fanFICTION, not fanFACT. I've lost count of how many times I've already disobeyed canon.

hmm...i'm a bit torn on the issue...for one: My fic has been around since long before the Third gen. When Hoenn came out, I almost wanted to just ingore it. But suppose I had? Is it really fair to ignore an entire generation just because it's inconvenient? The whole point of fanfiction is that were presented with a canon and working with it, not scrapping it. otherwise, why not just write original works? And I'm as guilty as anyone for canon warping, but I thinks it's only fair to include Shinoh.

Hmm, I take it more as a challenge than a necessity. If someone wants to flex those writing muscles, that's fine enough, but with some things like the Glalie and Gardevoir evos, some people might have to scrap an entire side-plot. Which is a bit too far. In any case, all writers have the right to make what they want, however they want it. If you like to do something, I'm not stopping you, I'm just prsenting my ideas. Or, in other words, discussing.

Last edited:

El hariyamer

Order of the Green
A lot has been said about the D/P legendaries in this thread.

Just wondered: Other than legendaries and new evos, how else does D/P affect your fics?

In every game, there were notable technological and stylistic advances, such as the pokeballs, the storage system and the Pokenav. When D/P comes out, new gameplay features will be added as well.

It might not affect the more pokemon-based fics, but how about the trainer-based ones? Or ones like my upcoming one, which is heavily based on R/S/E technology. Will some technological concepts in fics appear outdated?

Arcanine Royale

Well, my only current journey fic is set in a fan made region. But it has PokeNavs. Dunno. Maybe the PokeEtch will show up some time and my characters will make jokes about it or something...

Of course, you could always make it historical fiction...

Orange_Flaaffy

Jello Pokéballs
As far as pokenavs go I look at it this way: Rather than each type of pokedex just being a solid upgrade of the last, each type is native to the land it comes from and to carry anything but their type is against the law. So, rather that a trainer from Pallet still having a Pokedex which is just as updated as the Pokenav aka the pokedex would now have a cell phone, map, etc, they must switch to the native lands verison in much the same way as if you move to Europe you must buy a new tv etc (not a law, but you get the idea)...

Well, I don't want to spoil the story for any readers, but Legends will play no new role in my fic. The attacks, meh. Only the new attacks (Such as Grass Rope, The Fangs, Reminiscant Headbutt, etc.) will be new, the damage shouldn't be a big change seeing as I don't go by stats unless they're obviously different (Like Armaldo, Heracross, etc.). But new Pokemon will appear in it, but only after the English names are revealed.

~fuzzy out~

filos185

Evil Togepi
im waiting until my the site gets a map of shinou and where the super contest will be held because i wright about a cordinator and i justed posted the first chapter today

Dragonfree

Just me
A lot has been said about the D/P legendaries in this thread.

Just wondered: Other than legendaries and new evos, how else does D/P affect your fics?

In every game, there were notable technological and stylistic advances, such as the pokeballs, the storage system and the Pokenav. When D/P comes out, new gameplay features will be added as well.

It might not affect the more pokemon-based fics, but how about the trainer-based ones? Or ones like my upcoming one, which is heavily based on R/S/E technology. Will some technological concepts in fics appear outdated?

Well, my fic is trainer-based, but it happens in another region and in the future anyway, so the technology is already quite a bit changed. Some of it gives me ideas, but I just incorporate that into the newest revision - none of it matters enough to make changing it between revisions any problem.

Dilasc

Boip!
D/P introduces a new Yanma evolution. In my works, I was going to have a Yanma evolution that was more like a real DRAGONfly, being dragon/bug. Now that Yanma evolves, I guess I'll use what comes my way.

As long as Manectric, Raticate, Sunflora, Magcargo, and alternative Kakuna and Mareep evolutions don't pop up out of nowhere, all should be good in the worlds that I write... at least for now.

This is what keeps my Tarot Card-based fic together. I finally have a Legendary for 'The Fool'. And Keikouo and Neorantu gave me ideas for a one-shot.

Nothing's ruined really. My chaptered fic to come will do great, due to the new legends, as one of the mystery characters have something to do with a few of the new legends.

The Doctor

Absolute Beginner
Like most I believed Mew to be the creator of all Pokémon. Since Alseus arrived, however, it was a bit difficult for everyone to introduce him into the canon. Luckily though, I'm very liquid when it comes to stuff like this, and instead revamped Mew as 'Goddess of the East', kanto meaning 'east' in Japanese. In much the same way, Celebi is 'Goddess of the West' (Johto) and Rayquaza the 'God of the North'.

The only problem is Shinou. I don't know what Legendary I should put as 'God of the South' (I'm going for half being Gods, half Goddesses). This is a minor issue, however, as otherwise things are running smoothly for me.

rybo5000

<- so cute <3
Hi,
I know i say this to almost every writer but Im postig it here aswell!
Don't bother using 4th gen pokemon unless they already have confirmed English names, otherwise it confuses the story calling a pokemon by it's japanese name!

On Topic: I won't be using 4th gen pokemon now until all the English names are confirmed.

Bye,
Rybo5000 ;385;

It ain't really difficult. You just need to edit the names. I'd like to feature a few of DP Pokemon, so if I don't know their English Names, I'll just use their Japanese Ones and then edit in later.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Even easier, use the Japanese names for all Pokemon/characters/items etc.