• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How will Iris return?

Status
Not open for further replies.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Kingdra is cool, but eh. I still prefer a Bagon/Shelgon over it. Gible will be there obviously.

I mean actual Johto pokemon though. I mean she has a spot open so why shouldn't she get a Johto pokemon??

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Iris is likely to return regardless, so she's got to do something. I'm used to the bias against Iris since I dealt with it throughout BW, but I don't think it's fair to deprive Iris of her time in the spotlight. Not that I'm against her losing to Ash or Serena in a battle; I just don't see what would be so wrong if she won against them.

I just think that Iris has had her time in the spotlight during her own arc. I felt that Dawn's Mamoswine losing to Dragonite despite its type advantage was forced, but I didn't mind it that much. After all, Dawn had her time in the spotlight. However, having Iris return and beat Serena, Ash, Clemont or even Bonnie and her Dedenne in battle would be unfair to these characters. Iris had her time to shine, she should make way for the others.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Iris had the shortest run of all the female characters of the show, only being here for 3 years compared to May/Dawn's 4 and Misty's 5.

That implies she'll get a long cameo arc to make up for lost time.

I honestly wouldn't mind if Iris didn't show up at all but since that most likely won't happen, just have her hang around for a couple of episodes. Let's have some stupid little mini arc that's not too boring then send her back to Johto and continue with the good stuff.

Iris is the least popular and least liked Pokegirl and for good reason too.

The writers don't care about that since they're the ones who wrote her personality. All that matters is what they think and they obviously like her.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
I honestly wouldn't mind if Iris didn't show up at all but since that most likely won't happen, just have her hang around for a couple of episodes. Let's have some stupid little mini arc that's not too boring then send her back to Johto and continue with the good stuff.

Iris is the least popular and least liked Pokegirl and for good reason too.

Source? Or is this another garbage fan interpretation with zero agency?

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
This thread is getting out of hand. Whether or not you love or dwspise or iris, she is going to come back from anywhere between probably 2-10 episodes, and then won't ever be seen again.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Find me one pokemon fan forum where the majority has a favorable opinion of Iris. You can even use Google translate to go on a Japanese forum since you like to spam Japanese names so much.
Show me some proof the writers even care, considering the audience of young children likely don't hold any disdain for the character.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Find me one pokemon fan forum where the majority has a favorable opinion of Iris. You can even use Google translate to go on a Japanese forum since you like to spam Japanese names so much.

This forum is honestly the only place where I've seen Iris openly hated and attacked. I've been to several other forums and even if people don't like Iris very much they don't seem to care enough to actually drag her either. No character is worth getting people riled up. I've yet to see any proof that Iris is universally hated, and even if she were, I doubt the writers would care. They don't seem to care about the fandom in general and I doubt they're sitting behind their desks in Japan gossiping about all the Iris hate here on Sppf. Iris will return imo, it's just a matter of when and how at this point.

Last edited:

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
This forum is honestly the only place where I've seen Iris openly hated and attacked. I've been to several other forums and even if people don't like Iris very much they don't seem to care enough to actually drag her either. No character is worth getting people riled up. I've yet to see any proof that Iris is universally hated, and even if she were, I doubt the writers would care. They don't seem to care about the fandom in general and I doubt they're sitting behind their desks in Japan gossiping about all the Iris hate here on Sppf. Iris will return imo, it's just a matter of when and how at this point.

You mean she isn't even hated on on bulbagarden as much as she is on here? lol.
Iris will most likely have around 10 episodes for her cameo and she most likely won't be doing anything during her appearance. She'll just be around like Dawn was and will just be a part of the group during the fillers and won't really get anything done to her character.

I am hoping that in Iris' return she is shown to have a Fraxure or Haxorus and perhaps catptures a Dragalge to give her an interesting new Dragon type!

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
You mean she isn't even hated on on bulbagarden as much as she is on here? lol.
Iris will most likely have around 10 episodes for her cameo and she most likely won't be doing anything during her appearance. She'll just be around like Dawn was and will just be a part of the group during the fillers and won't really get anything done to her character.

I didn't mean that Iris gets no hate on other forums; just that it's not as apparent in other places as it is here. And I don't want Iris to come back for 10 episode. I mean I like her a lot, but she doesn't need to appear for such a long stretch of time. 5 episodes would be enough if she has a purpose, and just because Dawn didn't have one when she returned doesn't mean that Iris is doomed to follow in her footsteps.

Nodame

Misty <3
and just because Dawn didn't have one when she returned doesn't mean that Iris is doomed to follow in her footsteps.
Exactly, the reason why Dawn appeared for 10 episodes is because the writers wanted to showcase Piplup

Hikatoshi26

I didn't mean that Iris gets no hate on other forums; just that it's not as apparent in other places as it is here. And I don't want Iris to come back for 10 episode. I mean I like her a lot, but she doesn't need to appear for such a long stretch of time. 5 episodes would be enough if she has a purpose, and just because Dawn didn't have one when she returned doesn't mean that Iris is doomed to follow in her footsteps.

I doubt she comes back for 9 episodes like Dawn did. Misty came back for 4 or 5 and may got 4. I half expect Iris to get a non canonical special like Brock, Dawn, and Cilan and maybe come back around the end of XY for 2-4 episodes for the event Drasha of the E4 shows up.That is what I am half expecting. Although if Iris didnt cameo and maybe May came back with Mega Blaziken I would be ok with that.

I half expect Iris to get a non canonical special like Brock, Dawn, and Cilan .

Please learn the meaning of terms before using them.

Dawns special obviously is canon since Quilava

And there's absolutely no reason to think brocks and Cilans were not canon

Hikatoshi26

Please learn the meaning of terms before using them.

Dawns special obviously is canon since Quilava

And there's absolutely no reason to think brocks and Cilans were not canon

The fine I would say half canon. Because yes you are right Quilava stayed but the whole Hoenn deal was thrown by the wayside so I would say half canon. Also, there is no way to say it is canon either. but with every theory you have contradictions. I say non canon you say canon. I still don't expect much with Iris' return in XY (if it happens)

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️

Honestly, I've only seen open disdain for Iris on Serebii/Bulbagarden, people on Tumblr love the chick for example, which did catch me off guard when I visited the place. That's why no matter how fans feel, they cannot speak in absolutes about the character's popularity. The writers don't even likely know the fandom exists anyway or care for that matter and Iris's return most certainly wouldn't be impacted by how any of us feel, it's just a tradition they'll likely continue on and on. No popularity nonsense weighed in on any of the girls' returns.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Honestly, I've only seen open disdain for Iris on Serebii/Bulbagarden, people on Tumblr love the chick for example, which did catch me off guard when I visited the place. That's why no matter how fans feel, they cannot speak in absolutes about the character's popularity. The writers don't even likely know the fandom exists anyway or care for that matter and Iris's return most certainly wouldn't be impacted by how any of us feel, it's just a tradition they'll likely continue on and on. No popularity nonsense weighed in on any of the girls' returns.

I partially agree. I really dont think the popularity mattered in any of the girls' returns, though Dawn's cameo was dragged out longer because of the Piplup marketing. We're most likely gonna get the same with Axew as it was almost as marketable as Piplup.

Status
Not open for further replies.