• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How will Serena's eventual return be handled?

YelST

watch Roukin
I'd prefer an arc akin to May's return. Advancing the plot of the new companion while giving an update is why I hold it in high regard.

As part of Ash's regional adventures he finds out about the Wallace Cup and heads to the region it's in next, meeting up with Serena in the process? Seems realistic enough to happen.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Can we do it the fun way?

Every time Ash leaves on his plane, she gets off hers in the region he was previously in.

As I said before, the best possible way for this to be handled would be through a movie, probably one that might take years into the future. Since it seems Yajima has relegated himself to specifically directing movies, the chance of Serena returning there might be higher than her returning in the main series.

SatoSereFan224888

Sadly I don’t see Serena returning anytime soon. I think she was written off when Sun & Moon started.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Sadly I don’t see Serena returning anytime soon. I think she was written off when Sun & Moon started.
Every girl is written off at the end of every series. What's your point?

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
She’s not getting special treatment. A few episodes of a cameo at most, ideally showing some team changes/updates as well as how she’s faring in Contests. Would like to see her struggle initially, but keep the continuity and adopt Ash’s attitude of perseverance- could make for a compelling return. It’d also be nice to see her character with more edge and self-assurance than how we last saw her, similar to DP May; it’d only make sense and would make her development feel consistent.

I don’t really care or know how they’re going to address the shipping. Most likely it’s never going to be mentioned again other than Serena blushing or stuttering for a few shots, but who knows. This show is full of surprises

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
Hate to burst anyone's bubble but it seems like the series is looking to take place in a alternate universe. Ash is in Vermilion city and we got a new Professor we've never even heard of and no mention or sign of past characters like Misty or Brock or Oak even? I think that's what the Sun/Moon movies were gearing up to.

greninjamaster

Eventual return? Dawn was the last traveler that returned after her season ended and now that Sun and Moon is done Serena is not returning to break that curse of ex travelers appearing. It took Misty and Brock a good 10 and in Misty's case 15 years to return to the anime.

So just realistically speaking, I would not get my hopes up.

J.Agera

[Top-notch Сasual Dating Authentic Ladies]
Eventual return? Dawn was the last traveler that returned after her season ended and now that Sun and Moon is done Serena is not returning to break that curse of ex travelers appearing. It took Misty and Brock a good 10 and in Misty's case 15 years to return to the anime.

So just realistically speaking, I would not get my hopes up.
Cilan did return in XYZ tho.

Cradily17

She won't return. She didn't return in SM, and she won't return in SwSh either.

Snupiks

She will return together with Butterfree, Primeape, and Pidgeot.

Most likely she will also become very good friends with Porygon, and Kadabra who will follow her around, and help her when she needs help.

Xuxuba

Regardless, just because one male companion appeared instead of a female companion doesn't mean they are done with cameos forever.

People are almost acting like this is a pattern that has been going on for decades.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Regardless, just because one male companion appeared instead of a female companion doesn't mean they are done with cameos forever.

People are almost acting like this is a pattern that has been going on for decades.
I mean it’s pretty clear the male cameos are different than females. Usually they meet each other and don’t meet Ash while he’s with his current group or the Pokegirl. It’s not like Cilan’s cameo (or Brock prior to SM) was cameos during the main series. And I wouldn’t say people are acting like it’s a set trend. They just forget Cilan came back (and quite frankly it wasn’t a memorable episode to be begin with sorry). Also they anime has only been out for for two decades so I’m not sure if that was a hyperbole or

J.Agera

[Top-notch Сasual Dating Authentic Ladies]
I mean it’s pretty clear the male cameos are different than females. Usually they meet each other and don’t meet Ash while he’s with his current group or the Pokegirl. It’s not like Cilan’s cameo (or Brock prior to SM) was cameos during the main series. And I wouldn’t say people are acting like it’s a set trend. They just forget Cilan came back (and quite frankly it wasn’t a memorable episode to be begin with sorry). Also they anime has only been out for for two decades so I’m not sure if that was a hyperbole or
I just mean, it did not break the trend of past companion returning.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools

Iris's special was also not dubbed and nor was brock' or dawn's specials. I think they only dub only those episodes which have some connection with main series or will play a role like ME specials.

Xuxuba

I think some people here are completely missing the point of what Dephender originally asked.

He is talking about the kiss specifically and asking how they would handle it in a possible cameo, not suggesting she will have a much different treatment from the others or that she will appear in nearly every single episode.