• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How/Will Team Rocket reunite with Arbok/Weezing?

Will Rocket-Dan reunite with Arbox & Weezing?

• Yes

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 75.0%

• Total voters

Dynamic_Fusion

HIKARI HYPE
Do you think the TRio will reunite with Arbok/Weezing in the current series? If so, how do you think the reunion will be done.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Na I don't see it happening and honestly it shouldn't. They got a perfect emotional farewell, we don't need to revisit and ruin that, similar to why I say ash doesn't need to reunite with his butterfree or lapras again.
I would like TR to interact with the mons they still own but gave to Giovanni like Seviper, Mime jr (specially this one), dustox, carnivine, woobat, frillish, amoongus, yamask, inkay and pumkaboo.
We already saw Mareanie and Mimikyu (although wouldn't mind seeing an episode with them reuniting)

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I'd hope so. The writers don't seem to want to bother giving them their own new pokémon this season so they might as well get Arbok and Weezing back. I'm not saying Journeys Team Rocket is the worst Team Rocket (to me that goes to early BW where Team Rocket themselves lost their personalities and 90% of their dialogue consisted of them providing exposition of their villainy to the audience), but losing their own Pokémon was a big step down from Sun and Moon where their Pokémon actually had a personality and they also had the interactions with Bewear. The delivery Pelipper isn't nearly as funny or interesting as Bewear.

That said, Team Rocket are generally at their best when they're forced into moral dilemmas, the plot gives them good opportunity to show their caring sides, or the plot dives into their tragic pasts. How Team Rocket is utilised is a bit more important than their Pokémon, they're at their best when they're not just evil punching bags for Pikachu to Thunderbolt away but actually sympathetic even in their villainy, through their tragedy and underlying caring sides. Having their own Pokémon provides more opportunity to show those sides though, through their bonds with them.

Last edited:

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
The show hasn't given me a single reason to believe they're ever coming back, so no.

The only real indicator is that Weezing and Arbok have gotten little to no focus this series, and that barely counts as an indicator of anything.

DatsRight

I'd hope so. The writers don't seem to want to bother giving them their own new pokémon this season so they might as well get Arbok and Weezing back. I'm not saying Journeys Team Rocket is the worst Team Rocket (to me that goes to early BW where Team Rocket themselves lost their personalities and 90% of their dialogue consisted of them providing exposition of their villainy to the audience), but losing their own Pokémon was a big step down from Sun and Moon where their Pokémon actually had a personality and they also had the interactions with Bewear. The delivery Pelipper isn't nearly as funny or interesting as Bewear.

That said, Team Rocket are generally at their best when they're forced into moral dilemmas, the plot gives them good opportunity to show their caring sides, or the plot dives into their tragic pasts. How Team Rocket is utilised is a bit more important than their Pokémon, they're at their best when they're not just evil punching bags for Pikachu to Thunderbolt away but actually sympathetic even in their villainy, through their tragedy and underlying caring sides. Having their own Pokémon provides more opportunity to show those sides though, through their bonds with them.
I think a thing about Team Rocket is that, like Ash, they seem to have become more "laissez-faire", as in they've had their moment of finally achieving their unreachable goal and just sort of went 'So now what?', they're far less ambitious and just go with the flow of things now. SM got round this by forcing them into a unique circumstance where they can't function normally and thus still need to work their way around it, and it's telling of their personalities that even then they end up rather blasé towards Bewear and Stufful, just accepting them as part of their lives. Journeys is the other way round and actually giving them perks through Giovanni again so they have to put in even less of their own initiative, however unlike in BW it doesn't often amount to many big missions or new situations, besides sporadic tasters like Meowth gaining Gigantamax or Matori rivalling them again.

They're thankfully not BW's TR without the actual personality, but they are TR without any key foils or new obstacles. XY suffered a similar issue, though even there at least gave them their own Pokemon and odd tidbits like the showcases to grant them more character moments. Arbok and Weezing or other returning Pokemon I suppose COULD add some new moments, but I do wonder for how long exactly.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
No.

Honestly, I don't think it's even necessary. They are more important to people who watched it back in the day like us.

Talking strictly about Jessie, Seviper stayed longer than Arbok when you consider debut all the way to last appearance (8 years against, what 5 and half Arbok had?). And that's not counting Wobbuffet who is far more iconic and outlast both by a Rock Slide at this point.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I’m not getting my hopes up but they should. I will forever stand by the opinion that every release in this show was unnecessary. Why did they have to release their starters? I know Wobbuffet has been around much longer at this point but they should still have their originals mons. Plus I always preferred the two of them.

UnovaMaster

I think it's safe to say Jessie and James will reunite with Arbok and Weezing as part of their series send-off

Which does feel like it could be in Journeys

Psajdak

Well, there was that Arbok mug a few episodes earlier, so I guess there's still hope.

That being said, I wonder if Arbok and Weezing would get a personality reboot, because they were pretty much bland years ago.

The only unique thing about them was that unlike their trainers, and Meowth, those two weren't bad, and just did what they did because that is what they were being told.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I don’t think Arbok and Weezing will ever return. Jessie and James gave their final orders to them to take their pre-evolved forms with them and run and to look after them while they distracted the poacher. Arbok and Weezing were very sad to see their previous stages being locked up and wanted to help them anyway they could. They didn’t necessarily want to leave their owners but it was better than the alternative of the poacher getting all of the wild Ekans and Koffing and them suffering as a result.

raichu27

Probably not. I would still love to see them return when Ash visits Hoenn again. Plus, Ekans and Koffing were Team Rocket's first Pokemon.

Rune Knight

Please, please, I hope they return.

They are arguably recognized as their signature Pokémon and have made recent appearances in LGPE and Masters.

Applecorp

Anything's possible but those two coming back would feel real pointless. Also the writing staff would have to come up with the most convoluted reason for them to pop up since they were last seen in some random filler forest in Hoenn and Team Rocket have no reason to want to go back there.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Anything's possible but those two coming back would feel real pointless. Also the writing staff would have to come up with the most convoluted reason for them to pop up since they were last seen in some random filler forest in Hoenn and Team Rocket have no reason to want to go back there.
Exactly. Jessie and James set them free to protect the Ekans and Koffing that poacher had locked up and they knew Arbok and Weezing were their best chance of survival and protection as they weren’t very strong when they were caught by the poacher. The Ekans and Koffing would have suffered greatly had Arbok and Weezing weren’t released and ordered to protect them. It was sad to see them go but Jessie and James had to do what was right and prevent the poacher guy from hurting them.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I think it's safe to say Jessie and James will reunite with Arbok and Weezing as part of their series send-off

Which does feel like it could be in Journeys
Viewers have been speculating about the Rocket-dan trio leaving the series for good since as far back as I can remember [particularly during BW], and if it hasn't happened yet then I doubt it will in the near future. That being said, even if they did leave permanently, I doubt that they would have to meet Arbok and Matadogas again considering that those two Pokemon already received closure.

I realize that most people consider those two to be synonymous with Musashi and Kojirou, but in the grand scheme of things they were only with the Rocket-dan trio for about 20% of the anime's total length. For comparison's sake, even Sonansu has outlasted them.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Don't even need to mention Wobbuffet. Seviper's outstayed Arbok by being on Jessie's team for 8 years.

Also, if my math isn't off Mime Jr. was quite close to reaching the same lenght of Weezing, wasn't it?