• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How will the Conclusion of Ash & Goh's Goals Play Out?

Dynamic_Fusion

HIKARI HYPE
Now that Ash is in Ultra Class (99th Place to 9th Place) after defeating Iris. I was wondering to discuss how the pacing of the rest of the tournament would play out. Ash lasted in Great Class for 9 Months, I cannot see him lasting in Ultra Class for more than that. Don't forget even if Ash wins the PWC, he still needs to to defend it in the Next Season (We saw Leon defending it against Lance & Raihan) so even if the Series lasts for more than 2 Years, there is still enough content to cover.

Now for Goh, will he reach his dream of getting Mew? If so, how do you think that will play out. This series has treated both Ash & Goh as Double-Protagonists so if one reaches his goal then the other certainly will.

Red and Blue

Not sure what Ash will do next if he beats Leon but I could easily see Go catching Mew at the end of Journeys after what happened with Suicune. Once he accomplishes that he could put his efforts towards becoming a full time researcher or catching more Pokemon

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
Gou will catch Mew, and then either release Mew, or Mew will pull a Suicune and go roam the world again. But I do not see Gou keeping any of the legendaries inside his lab, that probably won't be happening. Gou's goal will never end because there will always be new discoveries and new Pokemon to catch.

Ash is a little more difficult to predict. I don't see him beating Leon, and I cannot imagine what he would do next, especially since the show stopped doing gyms for Ash. It's very hard to predict.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Ash is a little more difficult to predict. I don't see him beating Leon, and I cannot imagine what he would do next, especially since the show stopped doing gyms for Ash. It's very hard to predict.

At this point I don't really think they can send Ash back to doing gyms either.

Even if he doesn't beat Leon now there's nothing stopping him from continuing the PWC in the next series, heck if he does beat Leon he could defend his title while perhaps coaching a new lead in doing gyms.

Panky..

Discord: Panky..#9281
If they slow down Ash's MMR climb (like high ranks in most games are) then Ultra tier can realistically last a year or more. Even if Ash ranks up 5-6 places per battles, it still gives him 18-15 battles respectively.

I'm more inclined to believe that he does beat Leon simply going by how Leon is supposed to be a former player character insert (undefeated, Charizard as ace etc.) and how the game progression shows the MC being the first to beat them. The game progression factor is also applicable to Gen 7 with the first League setup and the Kukui battle.

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
Gou will catch Mew, and then either release Mew, or Mew will pull a Suicune and go roam the world again. But I do not see Gou keeping any of the legendaries inside his lab, that probably won't be happening. Gou's goal will never end because there will always be new discoveries and new Pokemon to catch.

Kubfu/ Urshifu and Type: Null/ Silvally (though I don't see him getting one), are the only legendaries that I can see staying in the lab.

I could maybe see him keeping one of the weaker mythicals.

Red and Blue

I think the Regis would be pretty comfortable staying at the lab. In the Legends they were already sealed in tombs

Decidueye23

Honestly the way i see it Pokemon World Championships is a tournament. Its not necessarily deciding the stringest rrainer in the world. Its just another tournament. And Ash is nit the guy who would just stick to being world No.1 He would probably just deregister himself, and continue on to doing something else. Maybe Go to gen 9's region.

Goh on the other hand i feel will get really close to getting mew, but will be unable to capture it. He then becomes a researvh assistant to Sonia, while also being a member of Project Mew.

Either they Go for a soft reboot ala best wishes or they end Ash and Goh's journey this saga. Like Ash is too iconic for him to be part of the same universe and not appear or become like guest character. So they could do a reboot focusing on AU ash in new regions or something like that.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Goh is definitely gonna be an assistant like Hopp, they hinted at that although I'd prefer he stay as Cerise's assistant rather than copy Hopp entirely. He knows Cerise better and all his Pokemon are there, plus it could give us the chance at learning more about Cerise given he's a bit bland.

Ash is gonna win, what he's gonna fail and quit? No, there's a difference between this and a League. Entirely different goal for one. What he does next? IDK

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Kubfu/ Urshifu and Type: Null/ Silvally (though I don't see him getting one), are the only legendaries that I can see staying in the lab.

if there is somehow a second Silvally in existence I want Ash to get it.

Honestly the way i see it Pokemon World Championships is a tournament. Its not necessarily deciding the stringest rrainer in the world. Its just another tournament. And Ash is nit the guy who would just stick to being world No.1 He would probably just deregister himself, and continue on to doing something else. Maybe Go to gen 9's region.

Given the caliber of opponents Ash is fighting this time, I don't think they can simply send him back to doing gyms after this, either he falls short and retries again next series or wins and defends his title throughout gen 9.

I honestly think at this point they should bring in another lead to replace Goh in gen 9 but have that lead focus on gym's with Ash perhaps guiding them like Brock did for him, and at the end have the new lead challenge Ash to a battle.

Granted that would only really work once but that's really all I can see them doing with Ash going forward.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Ash beats Leon but fails against Gen 9 champion. Goh will probably encounter Mew but either fail to catch it or circunstances have him release it.

Pkjoan

Pokemon Master
I'm 100% sure Ash is going to beat Leon. After that they will probably create another region with new challenges and say that it has the strongest trainers in the entire world and only champions are allowed to compete there.

Aryash Bajaj

Say I'm fat again!
I'll go ahead and say that Journey's is Ash's last season. We know Ash vs Leon is going to happen. If he wins, he's basically the strongest trainer on the planet. If he loses, he's still the second strongest trainer. Not really much you can do from there.

If they introduce someone stronger in the next region, then it will feel like a cheap cop out and I'd rather Ash's journey ends after beating Leon and the kid can finally rest.

Goh will probably fail to catch Mew, learn some moral lesson and work in Sakuragi's lab and be an underpaid assistant.

k6666

Pikachu Fan
Maybe next time after ash beat Leon , he will go big and try to be no 1 on universe, he go outer space and try to battle every alien in every planet

Master Pikachu 11

Now that Ash is in Ultra Class (99th Place to 9th Place) after defeating Iris. I was wondering to discuss how the pacing of the rest of the tournament would play out. Ash lasted in Great Class for 9 Months, I cannot see him lasting in Ultra Class for more than that. Don't forget even if Ash wins the PWC, he still needs to to defend it in the Next Season (We saw Leon defending it against Lance & Raihan) so even if the Series lasts for more than 2 Years, there is still enough content to cover.

Now for Goh, will he reach his dream of getting Mew? If so, how do you think that will play out. This series has treated both Ash & Goh as Double-Protagonists so if one reaches his goal then the other certainly will.
Idk where they will go with Ash, but until he becomes a Pokémon master, then he will stick around. I see Goh catching Mew at the end of the series and completing his main goal regardless if he catches all of the Pokémon or not. After that he will work to become a Pokémon Professor and that will be his new goal.