• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How will the Diamond & Pearl Remakes Impact the Pokemon (2019) Anime?

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Looks like we got our first major tie-in. It seems that Ash's Infernape will join his Journeys team.
Wouldn’t say that much. None of Ash’s Kanto Pokémon that returned in AG returned long term as promotion for FRLG. Could easily be temporary

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
Wouldn’t say that much. None of Ash’s Kanto Pokémon that returned in AG returned long term as promotion for FRLG. Could easily be temporary

We should also note that when they do add a starters to the cast (or bring in recurring rival in the case of Shota/Sawyer) to promote a remake it's always in their base form.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
True...but it looks like Infernape's about to buck (or burn) that trend.

Even then that leaves the door open for returns by Rowlet AND Oshawott.

I won't deny that they could be sitting up Donphan like return for Infernape in the Gary and Moltres Episode because of the upcoming Sinnoh games. But it just as likely that it could a one-off thing.

AJ97

Cynthia will 100% be a part of the PWC and we will very likely see her battle Ash or Leon or probably even both of them in the master class.
Ash will definitely get an official battle against Leon. I believe that Cynthia will be Ash's final hurdle before getting a shot against Leon.

Also, I very much see Infernape being a part of this battle against Cynthia's Garchomp especially because,
1) The Diamond and Pearl remakes.
2) We see Ash add Infernape to his team (Either temporarily or permanently). He's still using it.
3) The anime is referring to a lot of Flashbacks and Ash's Infernape has the closest link to Cynthia and Ash also pictures him being in Flint's place and battling Cynthia's Garchomp with an Infernape while watching their battle on TV