• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How will the Diamond & Pearl Remakes Impact the Pokemon (2019) Anime?

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Why? So he can do next to nothing with them like with Dragonite, Gengar and Dracovish? -_-
Not like half of the other previous sagas did any better in utilization lulz.

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
Not like half of the other previous sagas did any better in utilization lulz.
Only Kanto half of OS and Best Wishes.

By the way:

How about a time traveling arc like Orange and Decolora but set in ancient Sinnoh.

Imagine the possibilities.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Honestly I could see Ash bring back Rowlet, Quilava, and Mijumaru as a sort of tie in promotion but that's about it. Maybe an Arceus episode to tie in but not much.

Pokemon Power

I could see some characters from the Sinnoh arc returning, most notably Dawn. On an unrelated note, I am hopeful that every past traveling companion of Ash's will return in this saga, since the anime is nearing its 25th anniversary next year in 2022.

As for how they could tie-in with Legends, perhaps they could have an encounter with the legendary Dialga that sends them back in time to feudal Sinnoh.

Jibanyan

this reminds me the anime has done nothing for IoA or CT so why they would do something for Sinnoh? They seem to be doing their own thing. IF they promote Sinnoh then I see them favoring the Legends game, there are just a months between the release of BDLP so I feel like they would have to choose one

Dawn, Paul & Barry in november with a new 1,2,3 version (Probably in June there will be another version and the fifth version of the opening will be a bit focused on sinnoh)

My bet remains that all of Ash's companions will appear, one after another.

Last edited:
People comparing ORAS XY anime stuff to the current scenario, like why? That's so dumb
Unlike XY, Journeys cares about continuity and doesn't shy away from showing it. Plus unlike ORAS 2 games for the sinnoh region are coming. Dawn Barry Cynthia imo Definitelyyyyyyy return
Mmm? people make the comparisons with ORAS because the games are not always relevant in anime

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
Mmm? people make the comparisons with ORAS because the games are not always relevant in anime

Still, even the XY anime ties in with ORAS in regards to Mega Evolutions and Primal Reversions (and Steven).

And the only reason they didn't go further is because it's still mainly Kalos-based.

Journeys, on the other hand, can go anywhere they like. Who would honestly expect Chuck the Gym Leader to appear in Journeys if the show was a Galar-based series?

If Chuck can return, then why not some old favorites? I mean, Gary Oak and Iris are coming back, and they don't even have the games to justify their return (well maybe BW remakes are in the works).

Thus, Dawn returning and with a few outfits to spare is very high on the probability list. I mean, aside from Goh, she's the only character who can legitimately be considered as a co-protagonist.

Still, even the XY anime ties in with ORAS in regards to Mega Evolutions and Primal Reversions (and Steven).

And the only reason they didn't go further is because it's still mainly Kalos-based.

Journeys, on the other hand, can go anywhere they like. Who would honestly expect Chuck the Gym Leader to appear in Journeys if the show was a Galar-based series?

If Chuck can return, then why not some old favorites? I mean, Gary Oak and Iris are coming back, and they don't even have the games to justify their return (well maybe BW remakes are in the works).

Thus, Dawn returning and with a few outfits to spare is very high on the probability list. I mean, aside from Goh, she's the only character who can legitimately be considered as a co-protagonist.
Im also one of those who believes that all the companions will appear eventually, but still the people who talk about ORAS have a point

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Honestly, I think returning characters are much more likely to return in this series compared to what occured in XYZ just due to the nature of the series.

I've been saying for a while now that Ash's goal could change if they decide to bring Cynthia back. Leon is unbeatable in the WCS but in DP, Cynthia was treated pretty similarly. We saw Cynthia beat Aaron, Lucian, and Flint in official challenges for the title of Champion. I could definitely see Ash beat Leon in the semifinals of the Champions Eight in a surprising upset and then lose to Cynthia im the finals. If we recall DP, Cynthia was pretty influential when it came to Ash's drive, besides Paul of course. In the final episode Ash even put himself in Flint's shoes hoping to battle Cynthia in the Champion League. Plus, Ash has history with Cynthia in both DP and BW. Honestly, a final WCS with him vs Cynthia is sure to bring much more hype than what they are trying to do with Leon.

Anyway.

I could see Dawn easily come back. She could be the one to reintroduce contests to the current anime series if they can't get back May for VA restraints. Either of them would work but at least now Dawn has a game to promote to the kids watching.

Barry could definitely return if him and or Palmer also joined the WCS. As head of the Sinnoh Battle Tower, Palmer is a perfect fit for the WCS. Maybe it could inspire Ash to bring back Torterra for a rematch against Rhyperior.

Paul... Oh Paul. How I want him back. We are getting Gary back soon so now imagine getting back the best Ash rival back too. I could definitely see him in the Champions Eight, especially if he ended up beating the Kanto Battle Frontier.

Other characters I can also see coming back are Professor Rowan, Looker, Brock (w/ Croagunk), and Cyrus. Cyrus ended up going to a different dimension so who knows if he truly died?

Roark and Byron could definitely come back if they tie in the *Enchanting* Pewter City Museum director and he sends the kids over to Sinnoh to study Shieldon and Cranidos.

Gardenia returning and James reuniting with Cacnea would be incredible...if they allow TR to develop actual characters in Journeys.

Maylene could come back as a challenger for both Ash and Bea as Bea is challenging different Fighting-type dojos and gyms across the world.

Crasher Wake could come back if the kids visit the Great Marsh for Goh to catch a ton of Sinnoh Pokémon.

Fantina can show up for both contest marketing and the WCS.

Candice can show up if her gf, Zoey also shows up for contest stuff or even if the kids visit Snowpoint City for Chloe to investigate the Ice Stone and Ice Rock link for Eevee. (She wouldn't evolve tho)

Volkner as a WCS opponent.

Morax

King of heroes
>>All of this hype and speculation for 25 minutes of cameo out of which 15 will be wasted on some dumb battle and another 10 on gou catching a pokemon

ShadowForce720

this reminds me the anime has done nothing for IoA or CT so why they would do something for Sinnoh? They seem to be doing their own thing. IF they promote Sinnoh then I see them favoring the Legends game, there are just a months between the release of BDLP so I feel like they would have to choose one
Um, where are you getting LP from,? I get the BD stands for Brilliant Diamond but the remake for Pearl is called Shinning Pearl so if anything it would be BDSP and not BDLP

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
A Dawn return of like four episodes with one spent on showing Go what a real Pokemon Contest is and the other three being a Celebi time travel scenario to ancient Sinnoh. Go and maybe just maybe Koharu get to catch a Sinnoh mon too.

This is most dependent on Legends’ story tbh. If it has mind-breaking insane lore then I could see a longer mini-arc being given to it, to provide something ‘big’ now that the Darkest Day is over with.

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
Im also one of those who believes that all the companions will appear eventually, but still the people who talk about ORAS have a point

I understand that argument since I was there when it was heavily debated. But like all things, you have to analyze the context of the current situation. XY, I did not expect May, Max or Brock to return since the story can stand on its own without them and it's clear Steven Stone and ORAS Mega Evolutions are all you need. Journeys, I've seen way too many returning characters for me to dismiss the possibility of Dawn returning.

I didn't expect Gary to return to the series, and yet here we are now.