• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How will the Diamond & Pearl Remakes Impact the Pokemon (2019) Anime?

If Dawn comes back maybe May comes back with her and maybe Serena but let’s be real they are waiting to bring her back

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
PM/Journeys is its own thing so quietly lacing in some game advertisement but the anime remaining the same—that being said ORAS did nothing aside from offer Mega Jukain for Shouta and ORAS Zukan upgrades? Daigo/Primal fight was all tied to Alan/TSME.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
The remakes probably won’t affect the current anime series as it is based on traveling to every known region instead of focusing on just one. Goh and Ash just have more of a reason to go to Sinnoh and other than a possible cameo from Dawn and Barry, not much else of importance would change.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Unless we're time-traveling, Dawn would have no reason to wear such an old-timey outfit.
They gave her the Platinum outfit in the original run for a couple of episodes, no reason why they couldn’t come up with a reason to promote it here. I honestly think we’ll get a fair bit of Dawn popping up to promote these sets of games announced today. She’s a popular character, has one of the most popular starters who is easily promoted, could even see her and Chloe alternating on journeys with Ash and Goh in some episodes.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
DP is like...a 1:1 remake,it doesn't seem to have new forms or redesigns, it offers nothing but a chance to play the games on Switch so why exectly the anime should promote it?
That is not confirmed. We haven't even seen the box art yet, so the legendaries could get new forms.

Red and Blue

Well Celebi exists so if they need Ash and Go in feudal Sinnoh it's fairly easy. Though instead of Dawn going what if the female player is her ancestor?

Watershuriken97

Considering the previous arceus movie had a backstory about the guy with the heatran (markus or smt?).... i can see one of those alternative canon ash movies taking place in the past, i dont think it will intervene with the anime a lot. Though a battle between a sligthly more mature barry and ash would be cool. or Palmer rematch

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
DP is like...a 1:1 remake,it doesn't seem to have new forms or redesigns, it offers nothing but a chance to play the games on Switch so why exectly the anime should promote it?
Promote the games are released again?
---
An overlooked fact is that if Arceus launch in early 2022 means anything, Gen 9 might be announced or even released later than usual(gen 6 was January, Gen 7 and Gen 8 February). Maybe even pushed to 2023
This might be more impactful than just Sinnoh promotion, because it actually makes the current series longer.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Let's see.
1. Go will obviously catch some Gen IV Pokemon more often and they will visit Sinnoh more often.
2. Dawn/Cynthia/Paul/Barry will return( I think Dawn is the most likely).
3. If there's any new Mythical Go/Ash will catch them( like Ash caught Meltan)
4. Ash's older SInnoh Pokemon/ Quilava, Oshawott, Rowlet will have some episodes.
Honestly that's it.
5. If these Mega/Dyna/Giga in any of those two games then they will likely be showcased through Ash/Go or somebody else.I would want Gigamantax Infernape for Ash, though.

I think Dawn will return for a short while. The situation might be similar to past remakes like HGSS, ORAS and LPGE. Not expecting an FRLG type deal.

Oshawott and Rowlet are the ones that really grabbed my attention. Maybe bring back the former to evolve, at last.