• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How will the Diamond & Pearl Remakes Impact the Pokemon (2019) Anime?

Jeal

Jesus Christ you're obsessed

Ig the Main difference between Goh and Serena is that Goh is ACTUALLY SHOWN to be developing in battles? Serena always either lost or never finished her battles, showed no interest or development in battling and yet in the end was able to match ash a bit
Goh meanwhile got thrashed in his first battling episode, tried to swear off battles but then saw they are actually fun and has slowly been battling more and more in the series and has shown to get victories?
Get over urself and leave the user alone for not criticising Goh when literally its totally diff contexts.
No, it's not totally different contexts.

So what? He criticized Serena for being able to dodge and block attacks, man! No, she never was able to "match" Ash. Like I explained to him countless times, Ash was easy on her and could have defeated her in seconds if he really wanted. He was trying to cheer her up, not trying to make her to feel worse.

Go doesn't train his pokémon. Nothing will explain his Pokémon being able to get up after getting hits from pokémon like Zapdos or Mewtwo. But of course, Serena deserves to be criticized because she is able to do basics of rookie trainers in the end of a series. And we aren't even talking about he catching every pokémon without making effort(like past protagonists did). He complained a lot about girls reaching boys's level without working like the boys did. And Go?

No, he was obsessed! Again, he brought this subject up in every single thread! I wasted a lot of time explaining why he was wrong, refuting all the arguments he made. But it didn't matter! He kept bringing the subject up whenever he had the chance, when everyone had already proven him wrong and were already tired of discussing it. And now that his argument could make sense with Go, you don't see him complaining about it at all, as he did all the time with the girls. It's BS man!

I will not leave him alone. Point.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
No, it's not totally different contexts.

So what? He criticized Serena for being able to dodge and block attacks, man! No, she never was able to "match" Ash. Like I explained to him countless times, Ash was easy on her and could have defeated her in seconds if he really wanted. He was trying to cheer her up, not trying to make her to feel worse.

Go doesn't train his pokémon. Nothing will explain his Pokémon being able to get up after getting hits from pokémon like Zapdos or Mewtwo. But of course, Serena deserves to be criticized because she is able to do basics of rookie trainers in the end of a series. And we aren't even talking about he catching every pokémon without making effort(like past protagonists did). He complained a lot about girls reaching boys's level without working like the boys did. And Go?

No, he was obsessed! Again, he brought this subject up in every single thread! I wasted a lot of time explaining why he was wrong, refuting all the arguments he made. But it didn't matter! He kept bringing the subject up whenever he had the chance, when everyone had already proven him wrong and were already tired of discussing it. And now that his argument could make sense with Go, you don't see him complaining about it at all, as he did all the time with the girls. It's BS man!

I will not leave him alone. Point.
He didn't get proven wrong for having a diff intrepetation of events and not liking how it went and Serena and Goh's contexts are completely different not to mention Goh was already getting criticized by others. He brought up his own opinions, you keep bringing him up coz you're so butthurt over his opinions on a character, grow up

Jeal

He didn't get proven wrong for having a diff intrepetation of events and not liking how it went and Serena and Goh's contexts are completely different not to mention Goh was already getting criticized by others. He brought up his own opinions, you keep bringing him up coz you're so butthurt over his opinions on a character, grow up
Yes, he was proved wrong! It's not about opinions, it's about facts. It's not different contexts, IT'S THE SAME CONTEXT! I don't care if Go was criticized for others, we are talking about the guy that complained about it in every thread whenever he had the chance. We are not talking about the others. You grow up! If you hadn't taken the pain in his place, we wouldn't even be talking about it anymore, can you see that?

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Moving on coz at this point I just find this obsession funny XD

What are your guys guesses on what gym leaders from sinnoh could potentially return. I know many want gardenia to return with cacnea, another person I can see returning is Candice if they want to tie in the snowpoint temple lore for regigiggas in the anime, or I can see Volkner considering he didn't even use his full strength against ash in DP and it would be fun to see him being in the PWC

Jeal

Yeah, I am the one obsessed, not the guy who brought a subject up in every single thread, even the ones with no relation to the subject XD

You were the one obsessed with defending your lover, man. Like I said, if you hadn’t taken the pain in his place, this entire discussion would have been avoided.

Morax

King of heroes

What are your guys guesses on what gym leaders from sinnoh could potentially return. I know many want gardenia to return with cacnea, another person I can see returning is Candice if they want to tie in the snowpoint temple lore for regigiggas in the anime, or I can see Volkner considering he didn't even use his full strength against ash in DP and it would be fun to see him being in the PWC
If contests are coming back then definitely fantina.

Red and Blue

The question is if the showrunners will actually accept the offer...<_<
Don't see why not. If they can bring back Gary and Iris then getting back Paul, Dawn and Cynthia shouldn't be any issue. I figured Cynthia was already a given due to the Master Class

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
Exactlyyy, he needs to beat an E4 member to make his progression of beating a champion be more believeable
That's why I'm waiting for an E4 rival all this time... And we have 2 Sinnoh E4 members between Ash and Leon age to "fit" as a WCS rival...

Which should only happen if he uses his reserves because even beating an elite 4 member with his current team would be unbelievable.
There has to be a reason why Ash's JN captures are a bit hax compared to his captures from every previous series...

If Go can catch any pokémon and become a good battler without working for it, so Ash can beat anyone with his current team. I just don't care anymore.
This...

It's probably the most likely outcome that would happen lol
And it can happen as early as this coming April...

I forgot to mention that after we will go back to focusing on Kanto.

Kanto takes priority over everything.

Kanto is important to the franchise.

Kanto is life itself.

Kanto, Kanto, Kanto, Kanto, Kanto, Kanto, Kanto, Kanto, Kanto, Kanto, Kanto, Kanto, Kanto, Kanto, Kanto, Kanto.

Did I mention that Kanto is important?
TPCI: Kanto is life...

The PWC screams a Paul appearance... not sure how it would go down though since I can't see Ash cake walking the battle and Paul shouldn't show up just to lose in some lame ass 2 v 2 battle.
Anime-exclusive characters might not show up again... Even Tracey was trashed...

Litleonid

Given the fact that Iris is returning, a former companion of Ash, the fact that we're getting Diamond and Pearl remakes does leave open the opportunity for Dawn's return. Each remake has received some form of promotion in the anime. For Fire Red and Leaf Green, we did get some Kanto starter promotion, including two of them joining May. We also got another arc in Kanto down the line. When Heart Gold and Soul Silver came out, there was a small Johto themed arc, including Lyra's debut, some Johto starter focus, as well as Dawn receiving a Johto starter. When Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire came out, we did get specials that included the appearance of Steven Stone, as well as Primal Groudon, Primal Kyogre, and Mega Rayquaza. Even for Let's Go we ended up getting a special Eevee...Which was kinda wasted. If there's been some kind of promotion for past remakes, its likely that we will see some kind of promotion for BDSP in the anime.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I expect Hikari to return since she would promote the remakes better than most other characters given that she's actually playable in the upcoming games. I would love Koki to make a proper appearance in the main anime as well, but I high doubts that he'll appear given that he was only given movie cameos before. I hope that Super Contests will be the focus of an upcoming episode, too.

Jangobadass

Surprise!
How about a Leon's title defense against Cynthia?

That's kind of a gray area. It's too important to the story for Leon to remain undefeated until Ash gets to challenge him...but I imagine a lot of people don't want to see Cynthia lose...

Though I can see a middle ground where they have an unofficial battle for fun that ends it a draw or is interrupted, they team up for some reason, or they just hang out.

Last edited:

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
That's kind of a gray area. It's too important to the story for Leon to remain undefeated until Ash gets to challenge him...but I imagine a lot of people don't want to see Cynthia lose...

Though I can see a middle ground where they have an unofficial battle for fun that ends it a draw or is interrupted, they team up for some reason, or they just hang out.
A lot of people also wants Ash to capture a Galar starter... Cynthia losing against Leon won't be much of a big deal for the writers...

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
The PWC screams a Paul appearance... not sure how it would go down though since I can't see Ash cake walking the battle and Paul shouldn't show up just to lose in some lame ass 2 v 2 battle.
Paul needs to be a 6v6 if they battle, or at least 5v5. Anything else will look like a complete joke compared to.... pretty much every battle they had in DP lmao
How about a Leon's title defense against Cynthia?
Hell no!
Cynthia deserves better than to show up and lose within two minutes to a freaking Charizard! Garchomp is a freaking beast! If Ash doesn't take the title then she should get it. It always should have been her

Red and Blue

If Cynthia is already part of the Master Class it means she lost to Leon at some point. So I think people could handle her losing onscreen

Last edited: