• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How will the Diamond & Pearl Remakes Impact the Pokemon (2019) Anime?

PokemonBattleFanatic-

If there was any perfect time to bring back Paul this would be it.

-A change in his character post DP
-Stronger and new pokemon
-New strategies
-Possible access to Mega Evolution & Z-Move
-Finding out if he beat the Pyramid King Brandon
-A rematch with Ash

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
I hope to see Dawn saying she won a GF. It doesn’t make any sense why they stunt past characters growth since they aren’t traveling with Ash anymore anyway and Dawn could win and keep competing in other regions anyway. We’ve had Solidad win the Kanto one and still continued on in Johto
I literally read this as "I hope to see Dawn saying she won a Girlfriend" xD

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I want to see Gen again as well. Not that he was my favorite Shinou character per se, but he seemed popular enough to warrant a comeback especially now that Satoshi has his own Lucario.
Gen no longer uses this forum tho

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
She must've beaten Zoey in the finals of a Grand Festival and went out with her afterwards. Two GF's for the price of one battle is a good rate.

Who knows anything is possible in offscreen world, i am sure dawn and other companions and even COTDs and past rivals are in touch with each other offscreen, they must talk to each other except ash as he has amnesia and forgets everything after his journey in one series is over.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I hope to see Dawn saying she won a GF. It doesn’t make any sense why they stunt past characters growth since they aren’t traveling with Ash anymore anyway and Dawn could win and keep competing in other regions anyway. We’ve had Solidad win the Kanto one and still continued on in Johto
Personally, I dislike off-screen achievements like Iris's 99-straight win streak. So I wouldn't feel any positive emotion if Hikari came back and told us that she won a Grand Festival. What I would appreciate is seeing Nozomi and Kengo in flashback form if Hikari returns, and perhaps getting an update on where they are now.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I'm on the minority but... I never really cared for Zoey to be honest. She was kind of the first "friendly major rival" (even predating game!Shauna and the trend she's started, unless RSE!Wally would qualify as major rival) but other than that, I just find her... Boring.

Jeal

I'm on the minority but... I never really cared for Zoey to be honest. She was kind of the first "friendly major rival" (even predating game!Shauna and the trend she's started, unless RSE!Wally would qualify as major rival) but other than that, I just find her... Boring.
Barry. Bianca.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I didn't like her much either if we're talking about her personality, but I still think that it's nice when the writers remember the old rivals. Shuu and Harley were barely acknowledged when Haruka returned in DP, so I simply want to see Hikari's rivals receive better callbacks.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
After Shauna? And how did Barry come after Zoey when he was the rival in the games that serve as the basis for the season in which she debuted?
Was talking about Zoey and Barry’s anime portrayal. You weren’t clear besides just giving their two names with no context when SP’s post was mostly about Zoey

Jeal

Was talking about Zoey and Barry’s anime portrayal. You weren’t clear besides just giving their two names with no context when SP’s post was mostly about Zoey
I was talking about the first games friendly rivals.

Applecorp

I was talking about the first games friendly rivals.
But... why? This is the anime section and the person whose post you quoted was obviously talking about the show because they mentioned Zoey and she wasn't in the games. Why complicate things by mentioning the game versions of the friendly rivals?

Jeal

But... why? This is the anime section and the person whose post you quoted was obviously talking about the show because they mentioned Zoey and she wasn't in the games. Why complicate things by mentioning the game versions of the friendly rivals?
She was kind of the first "friendly major rival" (even predating game!Shauna and the trend she's started, unless RSE!Wally would qualify as major rival)
Shauna wasn't the first friendly rival. I was referring to this part of his post.

Last edited:

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
Personally, I dislike off-screen achievements like Iris's 99-straight win streak. So I wouldn't feel any positive emotion if Hikari came back and told us that she won a Grand Festival. What I would appreciate is seeing Nozomi and Kengo in flashback form if Hikari returns, and perhaps getting an update on where they are now.
I understand that. I wouldn't mind since Dawn narely won the entire thing her first time around so it's not that far fetched she won one outside her traveling with Ash. I think not having off screen achievements after a character has been gone for awhile is boring and makes it looks like they have no active life outside their original appearance/travelling with Ash. It's the reason why I liked how Misty/Brock was able to command mega evolution in their cameos.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Barry. Bianca.
Darn, completly forgot them.

All I have left is getting out in the tangent by saying Shauna is the first who got the starter weak to ours? :p