• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How will the Pokemon Musical play out?

mockingjay

swift and lol
I'm not sure if a thread has been made on this, but how do you think the Pokemon Musical will play out? Will Iris be participating in this instead of contests? Discuss.

I personally think they will keep contests and have the 3 companions each have a purpose. Musicals do have a chance to be cool i just hope they aren't to similar to contests...

We will also prrobably have Nando come to this region to be involved in music, i just hope that if he is he'll be in a few more episodes.

mockingjay

swift and lol
That would mean we'll have to spend more time on all three characters which will be really time consuming.

it would be time consuming, but i wouldn't put it past the writers to try to spice things up... i do hope that musicals are a small thing or completely replacing contests because i do agree that the show would drag on with 3 people attempting their goals at the same time.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Musicals look boring. I hope the new guy just does contests.

BM14murph

Master Collector
Well i'm sure when they say musical it's not your average musical probably more so a music show of all genres in general so we could have some tough rockers or something as well here

As others have said there will also have to be battling involved in here somehow for most of us to keep interested in this specific outlet

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
In my opinion musicals will have the same importance as Pokethlon in the anime...

thas right one episode mention.

ForeverFlame

I assume that the stoner will be doing Musicals. It's a step up from Brock, who sat there and did nothing (except, you know, cook and clean).

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I assume that the stoner will be doing Musicals. It's a step up from Brock, who sat there and did nothing (except, you know, cook and clean).

Personally I'd rather not have this guy in the animé at all.. Having to sit through his final arc thingie would be the biggest snooze fest for me...

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Pokemon musical's? Well at least it will be different then Contest. Different isn't always better but let's hope there is something unique about this. I wonder how we will get battle's from musical's? Battle of the band's? Pokemon break dancing? Pokemon high school musical? The last one made me shudder.

Dax

Legend
I hope they keep contests, musicals and gyms. All three characters will have something to do.

I'll judge when I see more information I just hope Iris does them and the boy can do contests if they keep them.

Araleon

Chill
I'm hoping that ther ewill be Contests and Musicals in the anime.

Why?

Because people have complained for years about Brock doing nothing. Now, there's a new competition, and if the writers have Ash do Gyms, New Guy or Iris do contests, and the other do Musicals, each person would have development, and that means their Pokemon will too. Especially if they treat all three characters like Ash and Dawn were in DP.

The same way the Super Contests played out. Get rid of the extra stuff and just do contests again.

That's what I think. I mean Pokemon Musicals would be performance based challenges. So it'd be similar to contests with the fact that they're trying to perform and appeal to the audience, except with music and dancing instead of attacks and seals. I mean we'll see what else you could do with Pokemon Musicals in the games but I do think that it's easier to just put one element of Pokemon Musicals into the contests we already we have.

Not to mention, if it is just music/dancing/etc., there's no battle aspect like contests had. I mean they could considering battles were added to contests in the anime, but then it isn't any different from contests if Musicals had a battle round where the pokemon battle while making music or whatever. So yeah, at this point, I think it's possible to see a Super Contest scenario.

ShinyLucario

Team Gracidea <3
Well this could seal the deal with Dawn getting no cameo (*Waits for Teshub to rush in saying Dawn isn't being written out lolz*). Which would kinda suck, but well...it'd be out of place if there are no contests in Isshu.

Manchee

extra toasty
I agree with anyone that says the Musicals are like the Pokéthelon and will be a one-and-done thing in the animé. My only reason is because I can't picture them keeping something like this going through the whole next series. Contests I can see because they're more competition-like, but a Musical is, well... music-y. They can only be judged by how well the music/singing/dancing would be, which would get dull for people to watch. At least with the guys that say Contests are girly, there are battles in them.

Also, I really like Contests and would hope they won't leave :x

Darkxninga

Pokemon musical's? Well at least it will be different then Contest. Different isn't always better but let's hope there is something unique about this. I wonder how we will get battle's from musical's? Battle of the band's? Pokemon break dancing? Pokemon high school musical? The last one made me shudder.

o_o ...that last one made me cringle and shiver!!!!!!! Whew, let me move on from that shock of thought, pokemon playing instruments (BoTB)? hehehe interesting but i can't imagine that. o.o or maybe instruments made for pokemon only?

.... people have complained for years about Brock doing nothing. Now, there's a new competition, and if the writers have Ash do Gyms, New Guy or Iris do contests, and the other do Musicals, each person would have development, and that means their Pokemon will too. Especially if they treat all three characters like Ash and Dawn were in DP.

I just hope that other guy is just a rival (bulter kid) and a new pokemon dude who isnt shown yet (who looks reasonable) takes Brocks place and does something thats interesting. IMO, i hope contests dont reappear in this arc. Having the focus on all the main cast instead of just two and one in the backround is much better.

Anyways, im hoping it differs from pokemon contestes but contest were played out differently then in the games. So im not too sure yet on my opinion.

Last edited:

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
o_o ...that last one made me cringle and shiver!!!!!!! Whew, let me move on from that shock of thought, pokemon playing instruments (BoTB)? hehehe interesting but i can't imagine that. o.o or maybe instruments made for pokemon only?

I just hope that other guy is just a rival (bulter kid) and a new pokemon dude who isnt shown yet (who looks reasonable) takes Brocks place and does something thats interesting. IMO, i hope contests dont reappear in this arc. Having the focus on all the main cast instead of just two and one in the backround is much better.

Anyways, im hoping it differs from pokemon contestes but contest were played out differently then in the games. So im not too sure yet on my opinion.

Believe me if Pokemon goes high school musical on us, That's the day I officially stop watching the anime.

Teshub

Banned
He looks too "happy" to be a proper rival for Ash. It looks like he will be a coordinator, judging from his green bow tie and loafers.

Music in pokemon anime does not fit because they need to include some sort of battling, not musical notes.