• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How will the [SPOILER] impact XY anime? (spoilerssss)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I giggled @ the "XY being less of an advertisement" part. No offense, but the anime itself is one huge advertisement so of course nothing will change in that regard. The fact that there are only around 70 new Pokemon hopefully means that there will be less new Pokemon centric fillers and that many of the new Pokemon will belong to main characters (Ash and friends, Team Rocket, rivals, Team Flare, etc.).

BW actually had very few New Pokemon-centric episodes when compared to Johto or DP or AG. But that's because everything was new. I hope XY goes down that route too.

We might actually have a

A complete arc dedicated to R/S/E if the remakes are done. They seem to be hinted in various parts of the game.

I am really dreaming... but I would like Arcs that helps rivals/friends/etc... to come along the group or battle ash for the sake of nostalgia !
like just one arc for each character with precise objectives...

LizardonX

Banned
I don't care what they have to do with the teams I want Ash to get back charizard for mega evolutions. Even if he has to turn down Korrina's gift and send talonflame off to play PokewaterPolo. I've been playing around with mega charizard all day and I have to say he is the coolest fire type I have ever used and it would quite be a shame if Charizard's chance to be Ash's kalos powerhouse is ousted by greninja.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
It's probably safe to say that the cast will be catching some past generation Pokemon. Ash has before but they've all eventually evolved into Pokemon introduced in the next generation.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Unless ash gets eevee, there won't be any previous gen pokemon for him to catch this time. Clemont and serena will get some though for sure.

MattySadler

Speaking of specific Mega Evolutions, I know a lot of people feel that because of Ash's 'aura' background, and previous interactions with them, he'd be suited well having a Riolu/ Lucario. I know it may not mean anything, but I'm sure I saw a Mega Lucario in the opening or a trailer, so who knows? Personally I'd prefer Ash to just get new Kalos Pokemon, and maybe Serena, Clemont and Bonnie get one or two oldies between them at most.

Eievui-Nymphia

XY, gen of dreams.
In the dex, there are 69 pokemon. Xerneas, Yveltal and Zygarde are discarded. About the rest:
Chespin (Clemont)
Fennekin (Serena)
Froakie (Ash)
Bunnelby (Clemont)
Fletchling (Ash)
Scatterbug
Litleo
Flabebe
Skiddo
Pancham
Furfrou
Espurr
Honedge
Spiritzee
Slurpuff
Inkay (Team Rocket)
Binacle
Skrelp (Uffff)
Clauncher
Helioptile
Tyrunt
Aurura
Eevee
Hawlucha
Dedenne (Uffff)
Carbink (Uffff)
Goomy
Klefki (Uffff)
Phantump
Pumpkaboo (Uff)
Bergmite (Ufff)
Noibat

At that list, you could add
Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Abra, Gastly, Kangaskhan, Pinsir, Magikarp, Aerodactyl, Mareep, Scyther, Heracross, Houndour, Larv itarRalts, Mawile, Aron, Medidite, Electricke, Shuppet, Absol, Gible, Riolu, Snover

The main pokemon to promote megas is Mega-Lucario.

And you can add this:
Jigglypuff, Mr. Mime, Marill, Snubull, Ralts, Mawile.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
Wow. I didn't realize how dire the situation is until you posted that evolution family list. :(

It's like the Fire Type situation in Sinnoh ... except with almost every type that Ash needs.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I'm not worried about Ash at all. Breaking the Fire/Water/Grass/Flying habit would be good imo, even though he already has Water, Fire, and Flying covered already. My biggest concern is Clemont/Bonnie and Serena are going to be littered with old Pokemon that have already been advertised. I hope rivals, if there are any, just have Mega Pokemon or Pokemon that can Mega Evolve. I would seriously be bummed out if Clemont and Serena are forced to take in every old Pokemon. It would remind me too much of how in Sinnoh Ash's rivals got all the new Evolutions while everyone else got whatever was leftover. It was a miracle Gallade and Mamoswine were Contest Pokemon. This is yet another reason I hope there are no rivals, and if they are just let them spam the Mega Pokemon. So Pokemon wise I'm worried about Clemont/Bonnie and Serena. Mainly Serena, I think Clemont's team is half done already.

BlueDragonfangirl

I'd love it if Ash caught a few of the older Pokemon, some I had in mind that I wish he'd catch in the past, maybe I can still get my wish now :)

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
I can see pokemon like Mawile being given their time in the spotlight in order to showcase their new form and new typing, a bit like how Ash caught a Gligar in Sinnoh. But with Charizard and Heracross (at least) getting new mega evolutions from Ash's team I don't think the fresh start will be completely fresh this time.

BlueDragonfangirl

I can see pokemon like Mawile being given their time in the spotlight in order to showcase their new form and new typing, a bit like how Ash caught a Gligar in Sinnoh. But with Charizard and Heracross (at least) getting new mega evolutions from Ash's team I don't think the fresh start will be completely fresh this time.

You think they'll both be going with Ash than? Now that'd be interesting :)

Luthor

Speaking of specific Mega Evolutions, I know a lot of people feel that because of Ash's 'aura' background, and previous interactions with them, he'd be suited well having a Riolu/ Lucario. I know it may not mean anything, but I'm sure I saw a Mega Lucario in the opening or a trailer, so who knows? Personally I'd prefer Ash to just get new Kalos Pokemon, and maybe Serena, Clemont and Bonnie get one or two oldies between them at most.

i think megalucario could work well for Ash. But they would have to give it a proper personalty.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Rivals and possibly main cast will have past Pokemon on their teams.

Shiny pokemon lower

If could go both ways. It can be worse because if they have so few new pokemon they simply have to compensate with the older pokemons. And then there is a chance for the new ones to become overshadowed, just like what happened back in Johto.

It can be better since they have less new pokemon to showcase they could put more focus to each of them. Then they could use old pokemon as reserve material and mabye give the most underused ones some more screentime. I almost know the pokemons which mega evolve, will come anyway so I don't care hoping for them.

Anyway, if the writers do this right. They could have a good balance between good and old pokemon. But the question is if they actually DO it?

pokeaussie37

To sum it up, I think there will be many less episodes focused on giving a Pokemon a debut (X Pokemon has issues with Y, main group helps out. See what I did there?) and the saga will be hopefully much more plot, result, and content-driven since there are much less Pokemon to feature.

Ash will most likely have a team full of new Pokemon, but will not have reserves and will focus on his main team. Side characters will definitely have some older Pokemon.

mew 2000

Shiny Celebi
BW actually had very few New Pokemon-centric episodes when compared to Johto or DP or AG. But that's because everything was new. I hope XY goes down that route too.

We might actually have a

A complete arc dedicated to R/S/E if the remakes are done. They seem to be hinted in various parts of the game.

they could bring may back with a mega blaziken too :O

Status
Not open for further replies.