• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How Will The World End?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thunder999

Knows all
The earth will either:
1) be hit by some sort of asteroid dinosaur style,
2) be destroyed when the sun goes red giant on us or
3) when the sun loses enough mass earth will fly further away escaping the destruction of the red giant but eventually end up with no sun killing everything.
These are all possible but anyone reading this will be dead long before either 2 or 3 happen.

Earth will be destroyed in a mighty blaze of glory caused by the final stand of the glorious Doof Armada. Who or what the enemy is shall be considered at a later date.

Metagross Guy

ᴸ м f ᴬ σ.
Well i have heard alot of people say that the Sun would go out and either the whole earth will totally freeze or the Sun will come crashing through the solar system and therefore wipe us out. Then there is the comets story where thousands of comets will come down from the heavens and total us...THEN there are the insane beliefs of Dinosaurs resurrecting from the earth and uh killing us on a rampage...then of course is 2012.

Entropy. The universe will eventually reach a point where matter and energy will both cease to exist.

DarthVader

I think global warming will destroy the world, but at this rate, it's inevitable that society will collapse upon itself.

treeco123

I think the world will end because of human stupidity, unless someone thinks of a way to avoid it in the next 4 or 5 billion years.

7 tyranitars

the sun dies or we get killed my a giant comet/astroid no 2012 or something although jenny her argument does frighten me..

yanmegy423

Litwick-KAWAIIDESU!
GF make a pokemon game about the Orange Islands. Nuff said.

Since this is a debate section, shouldn't you have some scientific backing for your otherwise pseudo-humorous claims?

CSolarstorm

New spicy version
The world as in the planet, or society, or life? The planet will most likely end in a collision or a disaster caused by the sun. Society will probably end either by our own designs or as prey for another species; life will probably end shortly before the planet does when it becomes uninhabitable.

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
We will circumvent the laws of Physics somehow and invent faster-than-light travel to Einstein's disapproval, but he'd be dead, and no one particularly cares for the crankiness of the deceased.

At that point, someone will get drunk while heading back towards Earth from some undefined area, smash into it at FTL speeds, and then we'll have fun being very deadish.

Then Einstein's Ghost uses the Einstienium (a real element) to shread the basis of Physics cuasing our lungs to become empty soda cans.

Kinda ironic, the sun is our planet's life force, yet ultimately it will be what destroys us.

Ampy

Light The Stars
Putting my beliefs aside here, so I don't sound totally biased.

If I did not have my beliefs, I would say that the world would end after our O-zone Layer completely deteriates and cannot protect us from harmful gases and such from space.

Pseudo-Unlegendary

I be an Exotic One
The humans are going to kill themselves, either through violence or through global warming, and after that the Earth has a years until it itself dies naturally.

GoombaGeek

Begone!!
2010 is real, the mayans were smarter then we think

Too bad that didn't rub off on you!!

Zing.

I tend to believe that 2010 is real, unless of course I'm insane and living flashbacks to the past or perceiving a future that isn't there.

Of course, the world will really end when some idiot boils their cup noodles for 4 minutes instead of 3. The resulting shockwaves will, of course, cause your soup base to reconstruct itself into grey goo.

Saurior

Solar Powered
This must've been said before...

in 5 billion years, the sun will swell up; incinerating all that was left of life, before boiling the oceans and melting the rocky crust of the Earth. Then there are two possibilities: either the Earth gets absorbed by the expanding sun, or it gets flung out into space.

And that's the end of the world, folks.

The end of humanity... now that's a whole other story.

WolvenKnightmare

Keep it Dandy, Baby.
One other way is that as our Earth rotates it's magnetic poles,which we are technically overdue for, the magnetic 'atmosphere', if you will(or field if you don't get it) of the Earth
will weaken and if, IF, a C.M.E(Coronal Mass Ejection) or even just solar storm hits and goes in our direction(which is likely given the fact that the sun's downslope to the it's storm season is over and it's now going up, so more solar bursts and such) could completely wipe out our techological world, and worse, like radiation and a direct blow to our atmosphere, blasting it away, or atleast some of it.

Saurior

Solar Powered
Oh dear...

Earth's magnetic poles
These have a 12.000 year "wobble". This means that the north and south pole describe a circle around the arctics, roughly, every 12.000 years. While the north an south pole do swap their positions occasionally, this DOESN'T mean that the Earth turns upside down or something... just that we have to readjust our compasses.

Coronal Mass Ejection
While these are powerful solar storms, most damage these have done so far (yes they have ALREADY hit us) is a major power outage. Nothing more. The next solar maximum, predicted for 2012, will cause a few heavy solar storms, but wiping out technology? That's really pushing it, as if humanity hasn't built in defenses from solar storms already. One thing that CME's certainly DON'T do is blowing away Earth's atmosphere... solar maximums (in which solar storms are heaviest) have roughly eleven year cycles, so in the four billion years Earth has been around, there have been more than enough chances for a storm during solar maximum to blow away the atmosphere. Didn't happen, won't happen in the future.

Also, CME's (IF directed at Earth) usually cause a buttload of auroras (northern lights), also at lower latitudes, so enjoy the view.

Seriously, don't believe people who scream doomsday. They have always been wrong, and when 2013 begins, we'll be laughing at their stupidity.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.