• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How Will The World End?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nelauk

ALGEBRAIC!
Oh, for God's sake, people. We're trying to have a SERIOUS discussion, not any of these "kitty world DOMINAYSHUN!" or any of that stuff.

I cannot believe that there are idiots out there who believe in this "2012" stuff. The world will REALLY end when the Lord Fr--I mean, the SUN goes red giant and incinerates the Earth and all of the other planets in our solar system. But that something we don't need to worry about, as frightening as it may seem. It's BILLIONS of years from now.

As for mankind, I really think we WON'T be wiped out by some big nuclear war, or something like that. Over time, we'll probably go extinct; that'll probably thousands or millions of years, of course...

Nelauk

ALGEBRAIC!
Oh, for God's sake, people. We're trying to have a SERIOUS discussion, not any of these "kitty world DOMINAYSHUN!" or any of that stuff.

I cannot believe that there are idiots out there who believe in this "2012" stuff. The planet Nibiru (which I doubt is real), will NOT get close to Earth and crash into it.
Tsunamis as large as mountains will NOT destroy us, nor will "grey goo". It's a load of BS.
The world will REALLY end when the Lord Fr--I mean, the SUN goes red giant and incinerates the Earth and all of the other planets in our solar system. But that something we don't need to worry about, as frightening as it may seem. It's BILLIONS of years from now; five billion years, to be exact.

As for mankind, I really think we WON'T be wiped out by some big nuclear war, or something like that. Over time, we'll probably go extinct; that'll probably take thousands or millions of years, of course...

Oh, and one more thing, the Sun will NOT explode. It's much too small; now, if the Sun were the size of Rigel or Betelgeuse, it WILL go supernova and engulf and vaporize the Earth.

*Darn it. I double posted.

Last edited:
the Sun will explode. Small stars go threw a smaller explosion known as the Nova while larger stars create a huge explosion known as Supernova. And the earth will all ready be vaporized because of the Red Giant stage.

the Sun will explode. Small stars go threw a smaller explosion known as the Nova while larger stars create a huge explosion known as Supernova. And the earth will all ready be vaporized because of the Red Giant stage.

Crimsonlink

Crimson Champion
Here is one, Mars or our moon goes out of orbit after being hit by an asteroid and it comes and strikes Earth wiping out a ton of Earth's bio life and pretty much screwing over life. Finally the Sun will gobble up the hunk of rock left over.
Another end of the world is when a nuclear war happens and about 50 tons of nukes are launched at the same time all over the world leaving only the crust with big holes punched in and some radiation filled water.

GoombaGeek

Begone!!
Psst. Hey, wanna buy an education?

Large stars go "threw" a supernova when they're large enough and late enough in their lives to be fusing iron, at which point nuclear fusion essentially stops dead. This makes the star explode, leaving a pretty little black hole (or neutron star) behind.

Small stars, however, are the victim of nothing interesting. The smallest just fizzle out, but the ones about the size of the Sun swell up into red giants. Once they're out of fuel, fusion stops and the star's outer envelope puffs of in to space, leaving a very nice planetary nebula behind.

Novas, by the way, are actually caused when a white dwarf remnant star sucks up enough gas to go through fusion after death, causing it to explode.

Captain Pedantic, awaaaaaaaay!!

Bill Nye the Sneasel Guy

To those who think nuclear war will kill us all:
Bomb shelters stocked with supplies for the win.

The radioactive materials become harmless over time, anyway. Well, probably still not safe to eat most heavy metals and such, but still.

thanks for spamming.....>:0

Rayquaza Master777

#1 May Fanboy
When I become president of the Pokemon Company. >:D

Lame joking aside, I think it will end either in a Big Crunch (When the universe has expanded to its maximum size and begins contracting) or a Big Freeze (When the universe has expanded so much that the uniform universal temperature is too cold to support any life of any kind). Remember, entropy will continue to increase and is incapable of decreasing. In fact, I wrote a song about it!
Maggaare, Butsuri Hōsoku!:

"If we can't find a solution to the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics, entropy will continue to increase.
"Eheh... It's such a nuisance.
"That would eventually destroy the universe.
"I pity those who find the universe's wonders boring.
"Those wonders won't last forever..."

How can I even begin to explain it?
It's just such a complex situation!

The entropy keeps increasing, which makes the universe
Little more than a momentary dream
So let's have enough fun not to feel guilty about it!

Even though it may turn out for the worst, probably
The law of entropy!
I must find a solution to it,
So we'll have a nice peaceful world!
Incidentally, would you consider me to be radical while in my science lab?
I wish to put an end to the chaos
Whenever I look at May...

RM: "Please, just give it some thought.
"Would Pokemon Trainers like us, and physicists such as myself and Max,
"and RM's Other Friend, work to be the very best and maybe save the planet,
"if the end wouldn't eventually come?"

RM's Other Friend: "Though I'd love to start a dictatorship, physics must come first,
so I can fully understand the fundamentals of my kingdom, and prevent it from decay."

Max: "I get that I'm pretty young at only 7,
"but I'm not like other human beings my age.
"I'm much more intelligent and capable of more incredible feats!"

How far will we be able to manipulate them?
The laws of physics evade our grasp!

For a better future for the universe,
Or even just a future in general!
Every experiment has intuition and curiosity!

Dabbling in higher dimensions feels addicting!
Not much of a problem!
May I help all of you as much as I can? I can save the universe!
And if there isn't a future at all,
Will it be relieving?
It certainly isn't to me, seeing as I have no life!

RM: "For the single simple reason of saving the world, we are here."
RM's Other Friend: "Even though the Law of Entropy is a natural process."
RM: "So what? It'll destroy everything eventually."
Max: "And we'll develop the technology to prevent it!"
RM: "Somehow, we'll materialize that technology regardless of how challenging."

When the apocalypse comes, I can prevent it!
The law of entropy!
I'm doing so with all of my might!
For a pleasant peaceful universe!
Incidentally, would you consider me radical while in my science lab?
I wish to put an end to the chaos
Whenever I look at May... And think of what's at stake!
Let's save the whole universe!

RM's Other Friend: "I'm doing this for fun and for my dictatorship."
Max: "It's okay if we fail. At least we'll die heroes."
RM: "As you can guess, I'm a Pokemon Master, a physicist, and a paleontologist. Go ahead, call me an overachiever.

Bend, entropy!

iamUNOWN

Pokemon Breeder
when god chooses for it to end :]

mistycerulean

Well the sun's gonna blow up in about 35.7 billion years, so either way we won't even be remembered, let alone dead.

originally posted by iamUNOWN

when god chooses for it to end :]

the question isn't when, it is how

natie

Mr. F

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
My mate has a wonderful theory that Earth isn't real and when you die you wake up from the "dream" on another planet.

Back in the real world, I assume when the Sun expands it'll just kill us all off. A huge asteroid (if one hits us) would obviously kill us.

But to be honest. Who actually knows? A zombie apocalypse would be fun, as long as I was immune.

Status
Not open for further replies.