• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How will you complete the Galar Dex?

Aduro

Mt.BtlMaster
I will, unless there's an event only pokemon of some description that is only released in Japan that's in the Galar Dex.
I kinda don't want to get Pokemon Home, purely because every pokemon I can get in the Galar Dex will be in SwSh. So I'm actually kind of looking forward to starting the pokedex from scratch, building up a whole new roster for whatever the metagame becomes after the pokesnap.

ShadowForce720

its gonna be kinda easy isnt it when its only like 400 right?

First off we don't have a exact confirmed amount, although given that were getting brand new pokemon and a lot of past gen mons will likely return since not all of them are in the game, so it's extremely unlikely that there would only be 400 pokemon in total in the game. If anything it is likely that there is going to be more then that.

Aduro

Mt.BtlMaster
First off we don't have a exact confirmed amount, although given that were getting brand new pokemon and a lot of past gen mons will likely return since not all of them are in the game, so it's extremely unlikely that there would only be 400 pokemon in total in the game. If anything it is likely that there is going to be more then that.
True, I'd guess that there's at least 500 but less than 800. Having less than half the pokemon available would annoy the fans too much. Any less and they would just go all in and include all pokemon.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I'm not gonna bother transferring **** this generation, everyone's staying in Alola until everyone can transfer
I'm going to complete the National Dex the same way I did with Ultra Sun and Let's GO, trading and raising Pokemon and having a fun time playing with Pokemon I rarely use

I might transfer my Let's GO Mew though, seeing how they're making that remote the only way to get it yet again.... seriously can the US get old mythical events for FREE already?!

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
I'll likely catch them all ingame because it will take more than a month from the games' release to get Pokemon Home. Also, honest work is more rewarding. ;)

Jerimiyah

Banned
Should be simple since there will be some missing Pokemon. I'll probably transfer most of the old mons from my old games to the new ones and only catch Galar mons in these games.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Definitely not through transfer.

I'll just do what the series catchphrase is; "Gotta catch em'-"

Oh I mean, "Gotta catch some of em'!"

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Probably transfer over my Mythicals, and a fresh start with the rest of 'em. Makes it less of a challenge if you already have half the Regional Dex ready.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Have you started getting a living dex ready to transfer in for Pokemon SwSh? Or are you going to wait until the games release and complete the regional Pokedex using Pokemon you find in Galar only?

Here is a list of what has been revealed so far:

https://serebii.net/swordshield/galarpokedex.shtml

Or will you do a mix of both?
I'll probably do exactly what I did in Sun: Play through the game catching everything as I go, then trading with my friends or using the GTS (assuming it's coming back) to fill in anything I missed. I had a full living Alola dex in Sun before Bank was updated to allow transferring. I'm REALLY hoping S&S's regional dex is much larger and offers me more of a challenge to finish it.

Last edited: