• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How would paul react if he meets silver?

tyranitar305

tyranitar is a beast
Since soul is about to appear in the anime soon i think maybe silver might appear to.

Since paul and silver have similar personalities how do you think they will react to each other?

M4zz

Banned
Hmmm. What do you get when you mix to angry animals together? One shall stand, one shall fall. Silver would probably wipe the floor with paul though.

Tomato-kun

I'm clueless ♥
You could call Paul a counterpart of Silver, similar to how Ritchie and Ash are both counterparts of Red.

Silver has appeared in a cameo, remember the Thunder special's japanese opening?

If the gang do follow the HG/SS path, then I presume Silver will appear. If not, he may appear as a "random" cameo.

Anyway, I presume Paul wouldn't care much. Maybe he'd ask him to battle? Or, maybe not care.

Now, Silver..I'm unsure. It matters how they handle his personality.

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
Ah, I must bring into question whether Paul might have already met Silver. If Paul has already fought in the Pokemon Leagues in Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn, he could have easily come into contact with other Gym trainers, namely Silver. The two are so much alike, couldn't it be possible for them to know each other? Maybe we'll eventually see a Paul vs. Silver screaming match.

Alfonso

Derpgull
The thing is, when Silver appeared in the Raikou Special intro he had his original look from Gold/Silver. If he appears again, he'll probably be sporting his new HG/SS look which in terms of hair is incredibly different- to the extent that in one image I saw, someone popped up a miner's helmet and some glasses on the new art of Silver and it looked exactly like Roark!

Will it be the same character, or someone totally different? If he appears and looks totally different, or does something that *makes* him a new character, such as steal a Pokemon from Elm's lab then what happens to the old version of the character?

:<

JD

Theyd probably be like My pokes are stronger then yours they battle and its a tie they show respect for each other blah blah something like that

Awaibou

gold@homosexual.net
"YOU LITTLE COPYCAT ARGH ASDFGHJ."

ICly, I believe there would be tension between Shinji and Silver, because they're so similar in terms of Pokemon and appearance. They practically have the same party, the manga Silver does anyway. xD Which I assume Silver would have evolved his to their new 4th generation evolutions. And that would lead lead to an inevitable battle to prove who is better. Imagine, if each Pokemon they sent out was the same as the other.

"Ursaring!"

"..."

"Honchkrow!"

"..."

"Weavile-"

"Oh just screw it."

I had too much fun writing this.

thunderblade12

Hmmm. What do you get when you mix to angry animals together? One shall stand, one shall fall. Silver would probably wipe the floor with paul though.

There's no way to know how Paul would do in a battle against Silver. We've never actually seen Silver in the anime.

Paul would probably respect him for his training style and views and consider him a real rival.

milenadrg

Hm, we actually don't know Silver's anime personallity. He's possibly arrogant and cruel like Paul, but still different. I think Paul will react to Silver like every other random trainer he meets, nothing special(if they never met each other)...

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
We've seen Gold. His name was Kenta, or Jimmy.

Red is replaced by Ash. We see him all the time.

The other two have cameos in the movies.

Golem25

IMHO, Silver>>>Paul.

Too bad that Paul is already in the anime, as he is pretty much an inferior clone of Silver. I don`t thin kthe writers would wnat to have 2 characters with almost identical behaviour in the series.

But it would be interesting to see them battle eachother in the anime. Something I`d definatley watch.

thunderblade12

Red - Ash
Green - Gary
Gold - Jimmy
Kris - Marina
Silver - Legend of Thunder Opening cameo(defeats Jimmy with his Nidoking)
Soul - Appearing in DP143
Brenden - Cameo in two movies
May - Main character
Dawn - Main character
Lucas - Movie 11 cameo
Barry - Main character

So Leaf and Wally are the only character that didn't appear in any thing relating to the anime

Edit: Is the male trainer from FRLG a different character or is that Red? IIRC the player had black hair in RBY just like Ash but this character's hair is brown.

Last edited:

Alfonso

Derpgull
I think Paul is based on Silver. Meaning Silver is Paul.

Look at the similarities!

Paul isn't Silver- we've seen Silver before, in the Raikou Special intro and while they share basic character design they also look totally different. It's not like Ash being based on Red, or Gary being based on Blue.

Darkxninga

Exactly. It woulda been a epic battle between Silver and Paul, but I would have been cheering for Silver anyway :p. Silver is awesome (still mad about that 3 second opening cameo Silver had in the chronicles opening...but at least he was shown, looks like he pwned Gold/Jimmy in those seconds of fame.)

P.S.: Pokemazter3001 your sig. picture is funny xD.