• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How would Shinji react to Ash's Charizard and Sceptile?

Ludicodaniel

<-If only it was red
Personally, I feel Shinji would be indifferent at first, until he actually flights them. Especially if he finds out they held their own against Legendary pokemon, such as Charizard fighting Articuno. He'd end up being impressed, and confused, about why Ash chose to start over, and see power isn't everything eventually.

I'd like to see Ash show Shinji that power alone isn't enough, by fighting with his most powerful pokemon, while using his own caring and somewhat unpredictable stratagies. (Eg: Classic Bayleef, Jump with Vine Whip to dodge and counter)

Finally, I think Charizard showing up to show Shinji a thing or two would be nice. That way we get to see it use some of it's newer moves, such as Air Slash, and Shadow Claw.

red2000

Liger Zero!!!
In the end Shinji would be reluctantly impressed, Shinji's main problemis that he wont admit he's wrong. Having Charizard, Sceptie, Glalie and whoever else pound away at him and to have such well trained pokemon be under Ash's command would just add insult to injury.

YukiJadenSurvives

We don't know how Shinji would react. The end.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
hhhmmm....just Charizard and Sceptile, huh? so you believe going against Snorlax, Donphan and Swellow would do nothing for him?

nah, what i'd really love to see is Paul get his *** handed to him by Squirtle, Bulbasaur or Corphish....Under-estimating them...classic, lol...

Ezra

Mudkip anyone?
eyes wide in shock, looks down at ground, then smiles and tells torterra to frenzy plant, only to realise charizard is overheating directly overhead....that would be amusing.

yeah, he'd be a bit surprised i reckon!

pokemaster95

King of pirates
hhhmmm....just Charizard and Sceptile, huh? so you believe going against Snorlax, Donphan and Swellow would do nothing for him?

nah, what i'd really love to see is Paul get his *** handed to him by Squirtle, Bulbasaur or Corphish....Under-estimating them...classic, lol...

Well because Sceptile and Charizard are Ash's strongest pokemon.Snorlax Donphan Glaile Muk are his secret powerhouses.

richard

Fire Master
Well because Sceptile and Charizard are Ash's strongest pokemon.Snorlax Donphan Glaile Muk are his secret powerhouses.

You forgot Kingler too. That crab needs some more screentime.:p I will be surprised if he use Kingler again.

Misty Fanboi13

Over Analyst
Ehh, Paul probably has some pretty strong reserves himself.
He would probably be a little shocked, but not so much impressed. I doubt anything Ash does, short of beating the elite four, will impress Paul.

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
Am I the only one who thinks Paul wouldn't care (I only read the first page)? I just see Paul thinking Ash was pathetic regardless of what was on his team.

richard

Fire Master
Paul might be impressed a little bit with Ash, but who knows. Paul might not show any expression. But seeing how powerful Charizard, Sceptile, and the other pokemon, Paul would probably be shock.

tee tee

Illussions Shattered
He probally won't show anything towards them. He will probally just be impressed that he can actually evolve his pokemon just like everyone else said!

MonferNOES!

I think in the Pokemon League it will come down as

Pikachu/Electivire
Charizard/Magmortar
Sceptile/Torterra
Swellow/Honchrow
Staraptor/Gligar
Snorlax/Ursaring

O_O Wut? it de-evolved?
Well i dont think he would react any different then "...hmph"

Andywoo

Banned
Maybe Paul would crack out his own never before seen powerhouses which he just caught that beat the living daylights outta Sceptile and Charizard

cygnus1312

Smasher
Shinji would obviously be dumbfounded when he found out about Ash's charizard and sceptile. Judging from his battles in battle frontier, he didn't limit himself to using the pokemon in his current team and called back quite a number of old pals e.g charizard, heracross, squirtle, snorlax and bulbasaur. If Ash's pokemon do not evolve till their final stage by the time it was pokemon league, he should be smart enough to battle with his old pals.