• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How would XY Ash do in the other leagues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMarvelMC

Kalos League Victor!
A fairly simple question. Put XY Ash and his Kalos Team in the shoes of his previous self's when entering the league. How would he fair in each of them?

Bonus: This part is just for fun. How would he do in previous leagues without Ash-Greninja?

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
With Ash-Greninja:
Kanto: Hard to say, but probably win
Johto: Win
Hoenn: Win
Sinnoh: Top 4 (Dam you Trollbias)
Unova: Win
Kalos: Win

Without:
Kanto: Again hard to say.
Johto: Possibly win, maybe Top 4?
Hoenn: Top 8, if not a win
Sinnoh: Top 8 (Paul will probably beat Ash without Ash-Greninja)
Unova: Win, maybe Top 4 (Don't know how good Virgil is)
Kalos: Top 4

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
With his team at Kalos?

In Kanto, considering that the majority of the Pokémon used there are not fully-evolved and the battles are fairly simple (like any other regular battles instead of an intense match), I would say he would easily sweep the whole League, especially if the biggest threat the Kanto League conjure up is a Dragonite.

In Johto, it is difficult to say other than Ash will have a pretty easier time to get to the Top 8 than he actually did. And given the circumstances of his experience and Ash-Greninja, more than enough edge to beat Harrison's Blaziken (who won't have a Mega Evolution). Top 4 at worst, since I have no idea what the other opponents are.

In Hoenn, it's also tricky but I think he could edge out on Tyson depending if Tyson knows how to deal with Ash-Greninja. It's possible for Ash to win here as Tyson was ultimately the champion in the actual anime. Of course, it is also possible for Tyson to exploit common weaknesses in Ash's Team.

In Sinnoh, I would say that Paul would change strategy to counteract Ash's Team though I don't really see how exactly he would counteract Ash-Greninja. Part of Ash's success in the Sinnoh League is his reliance on reserves. He would most likely just have the Sinnoh team deal with Paul and then let the Kalos Team deal with Tobias. Ash-Greninja I believe could take out at least two Legendaries before falling. Might force Tobias to use the rest of his team to defeat Ash. If Ash defeats Tobias, he is already champion.

In Unova, he would sweep Cameron as Lucario is not that strong to face the likes of Ash-Greninja. Lucario after all lost to Eeveelution. Virgil may be a tougher foe than expected, but I think he would need a solid strategy to defeat Ash-Greninja to prevent Ash from winning. Can't say for sure.

Though when I think about it, aside from Tobias of the Sinnoh League, Ash could easily win simply by the fact none of the Leagues have anything equivalent of a Mega Evolution yet while Ash has an Ash-Greninja on par if not better than Mega Evolution (and he's synchronized for maximum effect).

With Ash Greninja he would most likely sweep every league with the exception of Sinnoh and Kalos (high chance of winning Kalos though)

Without it hm,
Kanto: Win
Johto: Win
Hoenn: Win most likely considering he didn't even have Sceptile when he fought Tyson.
Sinnoh: Would lose to Paul, Electivire most likely could take down the majority of Ash's team.
Unova: Win/Top 2
Kalos: Top 4 only beat Sawyer because of Ash-Greninja.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

He'd win in all the other Leagues except for the Lily Of Valley Conference.

Bonus:He loses to Tyson,Paul,and Virgil without Greninja

Last edited:

Navin

MALDREAD
^ What the hell am I reading? S

Some of you are seriously overestimating the Kalos team...

Kanto: Impossible to determine.

1. QF: Ritchie v Assunta came down to the final Pokemon. XY Ash would easily defeat Ritchie and therefore likely defeat Assuna.

2. However, we have no idea of the other semifinalists. For all we know, they could be high-level trainers like Paul or Tyson or Alain.

XY Ash reaches at least the semifinals, but it's impossible to say if he goes further.

Johto: Circumstantial

1. Leprechaun is marginally better than Harrison (60/40 he wins). However, Johto Ash had Snorlax, who did the heavy-lifting in defeating Hypno and Steelix. Charizard v Blaziken was so brutal that even with PC healing, Blaziken was too injured to be in the next round. So bringing down Blaziken depends more or less on the frog. XY Ash > Harrison, but let's not pretend it would be an easy battle.

2. Harrison v Jon Dickson went to the final match without Blaziken. The implication was that if Blaziken had been in the match, the battle could have gone differently. JD v finalist also came down the final Pokemon. So assuming JD used the same team in the semifinals and finals (which is a huge assumption), then with some mental gymnastics:

XY Ash > Leprechaun >/= Harrison (w/Blaziken) >/= JD > finalist

In this scenario, XY Ash wins the league. All bets are off if JD, or even Harrison, used different teams in the finals and semfinials, respectively, than in previous rounds.

Hoenn: Very difficult to predict

1. Tyson > Leprechaun, and the Kalos team barely got by him (maybe Ash could have won 6-4 if he switched). Zero-true-losses Glalie neutralized the Sceptile. Swellow hard carried by defeating Hariyama, upset win over Donphan, and cracking Metagross' armor allowing Grovyle and Pikachu to bring it down. Ended up being so close because Pikachu went all-out against Puss in Boots. So it's not even certain XY Ash wins over Tyson; it'll come down to some Pokemon stepping up and the right match-ups.

2. Tyson had to win five consecutive full battle to win the title. That's impressive. It's also possible he was using some of his reserves in the later rounds, which means all bets are off over the quality of his opponents.

XY Ash could win the Hoenn League, but he certainly would have to rest the Kalos team after two full battle rounds, and rely on reserves.

Sinnoh: No

1. Umm...unless Rain Dance clears away the Toxic Spikes, or Smogonbird does kamikaze Flame Charge runs on the battlefield, good luck on getting rid of that entry hazard. Paul's Drapion would probably mop the floor out of Smogonbird and Lucha like it did with Torterra, Buizel, and Staraptor. Depends on Barney or Dracula Otachi to be Gliscor and get rid of it. XY Ash needs to switch-in-and-out the frog to hard carry like Infernape.

2. Anyway even if XY Ash defeats Paul, he's losing next round.

We all know Trollbias' team was Darkrai, Latios, Latias, Lugia, Arceus, and Barack Obama. "Now I am become Death, the destroyer of Worlds."

Unova:Likely

Even if it was a team of Eeevolutions, Virgil was highly competent. I give XY Ash a 60/40 chance of defeating him, and then going on to take the championship.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

2. However, we have no idea of the other semifinalists. For all we know, they could be high-level trainers like Paul or Tyson or Alain.

XY Ash reaches at least the semifinals, but it's impossible to say if he goes further.

Lol That League was borderline trash and you good and well know it,XY Ash is around the same level as DP Ash and at that point in time he has shown that he is more than capable of winning a League.He made it all the way to the Top 2 in the Kalos League with his XY team so who is stopping him from winning at the Indigo League not named Alain?

Omegaz

Captain Amourica
He would probably win all of them except Sinnoh. Kanto is tough to tell because he didn't go far but he certainly could dominate with his XY team. I only see him losing to Trollbias because he probably has a team of legendaries, but I think he could take tobias down to his last two pokemon (6-4 loss).

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Kanto: top 4/8 because he will faint while using Ash Greninja and will be disqualified.
Johto: maybe the top 4 or final round.
Hoenn: I think he would make it to the finals or win it.
Sinnoh: top 8/4 because he'd either lose to Paul or Tobias if the match ups were kept the same.
Unova: he should make it to the finals at least, or most likely win it.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Kanto: top 4/8 because he will faint while using Ash Greninja and will be disqualified.
Johto: maybe the top 4 or final round.
Hoenn: I think he would make it to the finals or win it.
Sinnoh: top 8/4 because he'd either lose to Paul or Tobias if the match ups were kept the same.
Unova: he should make it to the finals at least, or most likely win it.

Why would Ash faint in Kanto if he has mastered the form already?

Anyway, here is mine:
Kanto: Top 8
Johto: Top 8
Hoenn: Top 4
Sinnoh: Top 4
Unova: Top 2

Navin

MALDREAD
Lol That League was borderline trash and you good and well know it,XY Ash is around the same level as DP Ash and at that point in time he has shown that he is more than capable of winning a League.He made it all the way to the Top 2 in the Kalos League with his XY team so who is stopping him from winning at the Indigo League not named Alain?

It's almost as if you just quoted my post and blatantly ignored everything in it. Give me an actual argument other than a wild assumption.

He would probably win all of them except Sinnoh. Kanto is tough to tell because he didn't go far but he certainly could dominate with his XY team. I only see him losing to Trollbias because he probably has a team of legendaries, but I think he could take tobias down to his last two pokemon (6-4 loss).

Every league is "tough to tell" because we simply don't know who the other opponents were or if the trainers who defeated Ash used the same or different teams in later rounds. His XY team barely scrapped by Leprechaun, and we know that he has faced trainers at previous leagues who are better than him (Paul, Tyson).

Kanto: Top 4 at least
Johto: Winner if Harrison used the same team in the QFs (except Blaziken) against Jon Dickson, and if JD used the same team against trainer in the finals
Hoenn: Top 8 OR Top 2 if Tyson used the same team in the QFs in all of the remaining full battles
Sinnoh: Top 8 OR Top 4
Unova: Winner

Last edited:

PokemonBattleFanatic-

It's almost as if you just quoted my post and blatantly ignored everything in it. Give me an actual argument other than a wild assumption.

I read all that you said and chose this particular one because it's silly to actually think Ash would lose with that XY team,I have every right to assume when it pertains to a weak showing that is the Indigo League.The battles back then were mediocre at best and mega evolutions did not exist around that time frame so don't sit here and tell me there's someone out there that's capable of taking him out because there isn't.

Navin

MALDREAD
I read all that you said and chose this particular one because it's silly to actually think Ash would lose with that XY team,I have every right to assume when it pertains to a weak showing that is the Indigo League.The battles back then were mediocre at best and mega evolutions did not exist around that time frame so don't sit here and tell me there's someone out there that's capable of taking him out because there isn't.

You do realize that 17.5 years ago there were only 150 Pokemon, and production values were way different than today. There wasn't 700+ Pokemon, Mega Evolution, more types, more moves, weather, abilities, etc. You can't even compare.

Even if you did, there is absolutely zero proof on the quality of the three other semifinals at Indigo Plateau. There could have been three Reds for all we know. So don't tell me XY Ash is an automatic winner when the only certainty is he reaches Top 4.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

You do realize that 17.5 years ago there were only 150 Pokemon, and production values were way different than today. There wasn't 700+ Pokemon, Mega Evolution, more types, more moves, weather, abilities, etc. You can't even compare.

This is exactly why he would win because of these conditions,this topic is about how his XY team would fair in the other leagues he competed so there's no other way around that.

I think Ash would win all the past Leagues except perhaps Sinnoh's since he would have faced Tobias, which would be a guaranteed loss.

Navin

MALDREAD
This is exactly why he would win because of these conditions,this topic is about how his XY team would fair in the other leagues he competed so there's no other way around that.

???

If Red from Pokemon Origins somehow transported to the animeverse alongside his E4/Champion-killing death squad of Charizard/Lapras/Scyther/Jolteon/Persian/Dodrio and was one of the three other Indigo Plateau semifinalists, then Ash certainly loses. Do you now understand why I said you can't make this assumption about the quality of the other trainers?

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
Even if you did, there is absolutely zero proof on the quality of the three other semifinals at Indigo Plateau. There could have been three Reds for all we know. So don't tell me XY Ash is an automatic winner when the only certainty is he reaches Top 4.

Yea the level of competition in the Kanto league past the Top 4 is unknown so it's hard to predict what happens there. XY Ash is really overrated in general, so I really don't think it is an automatic win for any of the league.

TheMarvelMC

Kalos League Victor!
The more I think about it, the more I wonder ... How would DP Ash VS Alain and Alain vs Paul go? I'd love to see those two battles ... In fact, I'm surprised there hasn't been an "XY Ash vs DP Ash" thread yet. That thread would explode.

Anyway, back on topic, TBH Kanto is definitely too ambiguous to tell, but I'd say we can accurately speculate the other leagues.

... XY Ash is really overrated in general, so I really don't think it is an automatic win for any of the league.

What makes you think he's overrated? I'm curious

Last edited:

PokemonBattleFanatic-

???

If Red from Pokemon Origins somehow transported to the animeverse alongside his E4/Champion-killing death squad of Charizard/Lapras/Scyther/Jolteon/Persian/Dodrio and was one of the three other Indigo Plateau semifinalists, then Ash certainly loses. Do you now understand why I said you can't make this assumption about the quality of the other trainers?

Red doesn't exist in Ash's timeline,never have and never will XD

Status
Not open for further replies.