• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How would XY Ash do in the other leagues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
What makes you think he's overrated? I'm curious

He's treated as if he is by far the best, when in reality he is not much better than DP Ash, if he even is better.

Then again, DP in general focused a lot on trainers skill rather than the Pokemon's power, and Paul's existence forced Ash to become less emotional and more calm and collected.

TheMarvelMC

Kalos League Victor!
He's treated as if he is by far the best, when in reality he is not much better than DP Ash, if he even is better.

Then again, DP in general focused a lot on trainers skill rather than the Pokemon's power, and Paul's existence forced Ash to become less emotional and more calm and collected.

I'd argue XY Ash is more calm and collected during a battle, but I see what you mean. Fair enough.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

I think he used it as an example. Who says we can't have someone like Red in the anime? We all know Red and Ash lives in a different universe, but we can have characters like Red in the anime universe.

I know he was using it as an example,I think he was running out of stuff to say when he mentioned Red.If he came to Ash's universe and competed in the Indigo League of course he'd win but that's not going to happen because he's Ash's counterpart.

Navin

MALDREAD
I know he was using it as an example,I think he was running out of stuff to say when he mentioned Red.If he came to Ash's universe and competed in the Indigo League of course he'd win but that's not going to happen because he's Ash's counterpart.

I used Red because you apparently couldn't comprehend without a bonafide example. And it seems you're missing the point in that as well.

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
I used Red because you apparently couldn't comprehend without a bonafide example. And it seems you're missing the point in that as well.

I just love how whenever you two goes on the same forum page there always seem to be some sort of disagreement/argument

At least it is entertaining and insightful though, unlike some other arguments...

phanpycross

God-king

No reason to be a duck about it. In context of the show, the kanto league was filled with garbage trainers like Mandi and the Bellsprout trainer.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

I understood every bit of it,but you could have used a more realistic example than Red,I get the whole idea of there will always be someone better than you at something but not in this case.I mean the writers would really have to pull an a** hat for XY Ash to lose to some random trainer at the Indigo League,something similar to Tobias but to a lesser extent.

BlueDragonfangirl

Well to be fair, in Kanto Ash lost due to choosing Charizard who at that time was not listening to him. Had he chosen a different Pokemon he likely would have won over clone Ash.

This is tough, I'd say the two leagues that'd gave given Ash a hard time would be D/P league. Tobias says hi, he would be nearly taken out maybe, hey if Pikachu could tie with s Legendary Pokemon. Matter of fact, makes me wonder if the guy's ever been to XY region?

Navin

MALDREAD
No reason to be a duck about it. In context of the show, the kanto league was filled with garbage trainers like Mandi and the Bellsprout trainer.

Was I being too harsh? Apologies.

How was Mandi garbage? He had a decent strategy of drawing Krabby into the water and making Exegguttor create a whirlpool so Ash couldn't recall. It was his unlucky day he happened into a seriously overpowered Krabby/Kingler.

J. Fisher owns a Scyther. That automatically makes her god-tier. How was she garbage? Bulbasaur was hard on them dodges. The wonky Bellsprout is like how Ash owns an anomalous Pikachu and Bulbasaur.

I mean, can we really say the Kalos League is any better when Trevor gets annihilated, or SatoSmogonfrog throws a Water Shuriken and OHKOs that trainer's Altaria?

I understood every bit of it,but you could have used a more realistic example than Red,I get the whole idea of there will always be someone better than you at something but not in this case.I mean the writers would really have to pull an a** hat for XY Ash to lose to some random trainer at the Indigo League,something similar to Tobias but to a lesser extent.

Or there could simply be....another trainer equal or marginally better than XY Ash? This is such a silly thing to debate. Obviously he'd reach top 4, but there's no guarantee he wins unless the three other semifinalists in a league of 256 participants happen to be all worse than him.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes

xyzash

Unbeatable
Kanto: To Hard to say anything about it. We don't even know who won that thing, sooo.... Top 4 at least.
Johto: Probably a win here. If not, I might think at least Top 2.
Hoenn: It all depends on how Tyson fared against the other competition in the League. He was bought to his knees by the Hoenn team, and Kalos is nearly as strong, if not stronger than the Hoenn crew. I'll probably go with a win, though.
Sinnoh: He loses. Plain and Simple. Dp Ash= XY Ash IMO, and might just edge against Paul. Against Tobias though...
Unova : He wins. I don't even need to explain...

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
???

If Red from Pokemon Origins somehow transported to the animeverse alongside his E4/Champion-killing death squad of Charizard/Lapras/Scyther/Jolteon/Persian/Dodrio and was one of the three other Indigo Plateau semifinalists, then Ash certainly loses. Do you now understand why I said you can't make this assumption about the quality of the other trainers?

I wouldn't say certainly lose considering that out of all them, Red's Charizard is the only one who is consistency strong (the rest were cannon fodder). With that said, I cannot say much on the Indigo other than this observation. Due to the fact Ash has been in like five rounds or so and hasn't encountered any overly powered trainer, as well as the fact that Ritchie is said to have never lost a Pokémon in his battles prior to Ash (and then lose to an Ivysaur I believe), I personally believe that the Indigo League was really composed of average trainers of simpler times and not the elite aces of modern day. Makes sense considering how Gyms and evolution were handled back in the day.

I will say that the Kalos Team would easily upset the balance there simply because the Pokémon are completely brand-new and would shock any trainer in the Indigo League (remember, this is when Oak would update the Pokédex to have some newly discovered Johto Pokémon). And an Ash-Greninja will throw off all balance. To me, XY Ash being in the Indigo League is the equivalent of pitting a modern army against a Roman legion in ancient times. Power creeps when it comes to leagues like these.

This is taking Ash-Greninja out of the table, obviously, most leagues would be child's play if Ash relied on that power.

Kanto: I think that XY Ash has good chances of winning this one based on how most trainers during the first season had really doll strategies. Winner.
Johto: The match against Harrison would be tough without Snorlax. Blaziken is obviously the biggest threat, but it doesn't even have a fighting type move, if Greninja beats him, the matches remaining would be relatively easy considering that the champion of this league was down to his last Pokémon when fought against Harrison with the latter one not using his ace. Top 8 or Winner.
Hoenn: Same case as the last one, also the majority of Tyson's team is weak against Ash's in Kalos, I don't see a reason to not win the rest of the tournament after he beat the canonical champion. Winner.
Sinnoh: Unless Ash pulls off a miracle to defeat Paul's godly Drapion and that Electrivire that can roast half of his team, he would lose to the best rival once again, Goodra has potential to be the key to win with its ability + Rain Dance. If he does beat Paul, Tobias’s victory could be less painful this time. Top 8 or 4.
Unova: Cameron wouldn't even get a chance to evolve his Riolu. Virgil is the only I see pushing this vesion of Ash to his last Pokémon before getting defeated, he could probably win the last match with more than one Pokémon left. Winner.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Kanto: Impossible to tell. XY Ash would easily rolfstomp Richie, but how he'd fair against the finalist is impossible to guess because we never saw them in full or their teams.

Johto: Win.

Hoenn: Very difficult to say. Really depends on how much prepping Tyson does for Greninja, if not finals for sure. Not sure about straight up winning.

Sinnoh: Lose. Darkrai would alone push Ash-Greninja to it's limits probably even triggering the orange shuriken. No way are the others taking Latios and the other 4 in one piece. Tobias was stupid on so many levels...

Unova: Win. Only Virgil would give him any trouble but even then..

Vidar89

Kanto: Disqualified for bringing foreign Pokemon to the League ( If Sleeping counts as being defeated than it wouldn't be a stretch to go for a Rule that prohibits the use of Pokemon not native to Kanto ).

Johto: Roflstomping Gary and then beating Harrison, not so sure about the Finals, but good Chance of winning.

Hoenn: Good Question. But i would say that with his XY Skill and his XY Pokemon he would make it to the Finals. Perhaps winning or perhaps second Place. Don't know much about the finalist.

Sinnoh: Nope, Nope and Nope. He would beat Paul in a very hard Battle, but there is still the Wall called Tobias.

Unova: Would be the Tobias until the Finals, and then win the League.

Greneuliest808

Future Graduate
If Ash uses his XY team, this is how I think he would do in the last five leagues:

Kanto: Can't really tell, but I think he'll probably win

Johto: He will emphatically beat Gary, and beat Harrison in a close match; I think he can most likely win the semifinals and the finals

Hoenn: He can definitely beat Katie, Morrison, and Tyson; I think he can also win this one as well

Sinnoh: I think he will place the same; he will beat Paul in a very close battle, but I don't think he can beat Tobias again

Unova: He would be dominant in the League, and will emphatically win this one.

Ominous Wind

Unova:

Cameron: Win

Once Hydreigon falls to either Hawlucha or Noivern, the rest are easy pickings. Even OP Lucario wouldn't last.

Virgil: Close Win

The Eeveelutions and posibbly Klinklang are good enough counters to call this an easy match.

Dino: Win

There is a chance this battle could go like the current match, where one doesn't gain too much of an advantage over the other. Still, looking at the Pokemon Dino used in the finals, the Kalos team would win.

And so, XY Ash has won the Unova league.

ZettaSlowKing

Kanto: Top 4 at least.
We don't know the complete level of competition in the final rounds here due to only seeing Ritchie vs. Assunta. But considering the sheer amount of unevolved mons
as well as Ashs increased experience since the Kanto League. I don't think it'd be a long shot to say he could win. But since we don't know, I'm sticking to the top 4.

Johto: Win.
Factor here is how much more useful would Blaziken be than Houndoom in Harrison's battle against Jon Dickson. Using Ash's Bayleef as a measuring stick helps show
the gap in those two mons power as Bayleef was able to easily defeat it, while Blaziken took down Bayleef effortlessly. So if Blaziken was used, it would have probably
kicked the crud out of Dicksons Rhyhorn and won him the tournament in the finals. Given that the level of competition was low enough for a trainer slightly stronger than Harrison without Blaziken to win the whole thing. Kalos Ash would probably mop the floor with the competition. Heck, Johto Ash with a healthy Charizard probably could.

Hoenn: Top 4 at least.
Considering how close Ash got with his Hoenn Team. I wouldn't be surprised to see Ash beat Tyson in the top 8 with Ash Greninja to take out that Meowth. Pikachu is the Anime's
ultimate Metagross counter, so that would work in his favor too. The only other threat on Tysons Team was really that Hariyama that took Swellow to beat it. But considering that
Ash has three Flying types to take it out, I wouldn't see him having trouble with it too much. Sceptile, Shiftry and Donphan, on top of totaling half a win altogether, are weak to
Ash's Flyers or in Donphans case Greninja. So I don't think Ash would have a hard time against Tyson with his Kalos Team. The opponents after that are the question.

Sinnoh: Top 4.
Its easy to just say that he'd lose just because he's facing Tobias. But also considering that Ash wouldn't have his Reserves backing him I can't see him getting past Tobias's
fourth mon. Best case, the Flyers and Goodra combine to beat Darkrai. Pikachu ties with Latios. And Greninja manages to take out a third mon of equal power to the first two. (Cause lets be real. He had to be pretty powerful already to catch those Legendaries.) I just don't see Ash-Greninja being able to power through four mons to win the match.
The form would take too much of a toll on Ash's body most likely; losing to Tobias in the process. Or maybe Tobias really did have four Magikarps splashing around in his party after Latios went down.

Unova: Top 4 at least.
Ash could beat the pants off of Cameron with Greninja and Pikachu alone. Next: Virgil. Probably a Harrison/Tyson level Trainer. If so, I think its likely Ash beats this guy. However, since they never battled its impossible to determine the outcome there. However, if we take into consideration the fact that Ash was able to defeat Dino (Albiet in a sample size battle) and that Dino was able to take Virgil to his last Pokemon. Its definitely possible for Ash to win the whole thing.

Aside from Ash's lineup though. The other change is obviously Ash's ability to strategize that has gone under change. Heck, in the Alain battle alone, Ash was not only able to
think on his feet at a seconds notice, but also trust his Pokemon to get the job done. These traits alone make me wanna say that he could win all of the above leagues except Sinnoh.

Probably a bunch of holes in my logic though. But hey, I'm sleepy and its 1AM here. What are ya gonna do?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.