• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How would you “fix” certain rivals

SerenaRulez

That's actually a good idea I mean Gallade barely appear in the show so that could've been Sawyer's ace instead of Sceptile. And hey maybe Ash could've used his own Sceptile at one point in X&Y if Sawyer didn't have one...

Sawyer could have had Wally's whole team from the Hoenn remakes. Or better yet we should have gotten the real Wally in the Kalos series instead of Sawyer.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I definitely believe that Hau should've been one of Satoshi's classmates. It would've led to more interactions between them, and I would've preferred it if Hau had taken Kaki's place in the cast since I always felt that Kaki being a sort of pseudo-rival for Satoshi was rather pointless with Gladio and Hau around.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
But they could've easily had a COTD showcase Mega Lizardon Y, so I'm not convinced that the entire point of Trova competing at the Kalos League was to have him use that Mega Evolution.
How is it not obvious that that was the point? The entire title was a bait title "X VS Y!"

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Sawyer could have had Wally's whole team from the Hoenn remakes. Or better yet we should have gotten the real Wally in the Kalos series instead of Sawyer.
Problem it is we need Haruka return to make it work

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
By making them appear and battle with the cast occasionally, like more than what the anime actually does. Perhaps they could add the owned Pokemon rivalries to compliment the human trainer rivalries further. Add the diverging views/morals/personalities between the 2 characters to spice things up. And obviously less stuffs like shipping baits because I don't care on those.

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
Applecorp said:
What does May have to do with Sawyer or Wally? Her return would've been nice sure but it wouldn't have changed anything about how Sawyer was treated or how Wally might've been treated.

I think he was implying that what would've made XY better was more OR/AS representation as a whole. Haruka was arguably the most popular Houen character in the anime, so I can see why some people wanted her to return. Also, she could've been Shota's mentor since they were both from Houen.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
When it was a terrible and pointless showcase of Y? You could trade it with a punching bag and nothing would change.

I didn't say it was a good showcase. I said that was the reason the writers included Trevor in the league

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
I think he was implying that what would've made XY better was more OR/AS representation as a whole. Haruka was arguably the most popular Houen character in the anime, so I can see why some people wanted her to return. Also, she could've been Shota's mentor since they were both from Houen.
I meant to say that was Mitsuru (Wally)

RafaSceptile

Gladion: Character wise? I'd have made him cautious to Ash for awhile, instead of instantly becoming his friend but other than that he's fine as a character. Umbreon would have actually been utilized instead of a walking promotion tool, and Gladion would have had a full team and a full battle with Ash!

I mean, I'm pretty sure Ash helping his siste and saving his mother and being a strong trainer are three good resons to become his friend after like...20 Episodes since his debut?
I still think Gladion was better than Paul Character wise, but still worse Rival wise

Leonhart

Imagineer
Flashyspark said:
I would introduce Gladion as a member of the the Pokemon school and make a whole separate class that would serve as rivals for Ash's class. I would include Hau and maybe Ryuki too in that class.

I would've had Ilima be part of that since he was eventually introduced as an ex-student from that school, anyway: him being an elite student in another class at the same time that Satoshi and his friends attended could've worked with a bit of tweaking.

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
I would've had Ilima be part of that since he was eventually introduced as an ex-student from that school, anyway: him being an elite student in another class at the same time that Satoshi and his friends attended could've worked with a bit of tweaking.

A class with Gladion, Hau, Ilima and Ryuki would've been awesome. Maybe add a girl like Mina for balance and they could've been the opposite of Ash's class. :D

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
If Lillie counts as a rival since she did participate in the league then I would have had her catch a Clefairy and then have her enter with Snowy (as an Alolan Ninetails), Magearna, and Clefairy. I would also have her beat Gladion and then beat Ash in the finals to win the league.