• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How would you “fix” each returning characters episode?

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Have Dawn have more 'personal' returns like Serena rather than some world stopping disaster/ ongoing legendary plot
She doesn't need evolutions to show progress like others claim, the evolutions that are possible for her wont make sense/ add into the narrative that she's better
What she needs is more of what we got in her first return, her mentoring Chloe and showing off appeals but in a better fashion and a more intimate setting. That'll show the best side of her and let her actually shine and show all her growth and development

For Iris have it be a 2 parter with more focus towards herself and her journey in the first one. Heck to pad out all the time have Cilan be there too, invited by iris to witness their match

Gary, Korrina, Lemon Siblings and Alola returns are great so far imo and have been done well
Serena was done masterfully
All the others like Lance, Cynthia, Chuck, Erika etc etc were done tastefully and enough as well imo
I would add alola gang in the first episode (I think it was 38) should've been a 2 parter as well. Apart from that, Iris and Dawn's cameo aside rest were perfectly done, people exaggerate when they say old characters cameo were bad.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I would add alola gang in the first episode (I think it was 38) should've been a 2 parter as well. Apart from that, Iris and Dawn's cameo aside rest were perfectly done, people exaggerate when they say old characters cameo were bad.
I honestly think the alola parter was fine for one episode as it was tbh, especially since we will be getting more alola episodes soon!

nuzamaki90

Let's not fool ourselves, normal contests don't exist anymore, all the characters in Friday's episode just called it "contest" (Chrysa, Reporter, Ash, Chloe, Lisia etc)

If the writers decided to change the rules of the game, then we just have to accept it, then it would make Dawn Master Rank, just like Serena.
Well they actually did call them Contest Lives, i.e Contest Spectaculars

colomb

Have Dawn have more 'personal' returns like Serena rather than some world stopping disaster/ ongoing legendary plot
She doesn't need evolutions to show progress like others claim, the evolutions that are possible for her wont make sense/ add into the narrative that she's better
What she needs is more of what we got in her first return, her mentoring Chloe and showing off appeals but in a better fashion and a more intimate setting. That'll show the best side of her and let her actually shine and show all her growth and development

For Iris have it be a 2 parter with more focus towards herself and her journey in the first one. Heck to pad out all the time have Cilan be there too, invited by iris to witness their match

Gary, Korrina, Lemon Siblings and Alola returns are great so far imo and have been done well
Serena was done masterfully
All the others like Lance, Cynthia, Chuck, Erika etc etc were done tastefully and enough as well imo
Pretty much exactly how I would handle Dawn and Iris's cameos.

For Gary I think it could have also been a 2-parter. Show all of Ash's Pokemon at the lab give them more screen time, and even though their rivalry concluded I wouldn't mind seeing Ash and Gary battle again. A Pikachu vs Umbreon battle would be a nice callback to OS.

BobbbidyBob

Mewtwo’s episode was the most awful and boring to me, I would have made him return much later and have him be the one to make Ash question why and for what is he gonna fight Leon. (Based on that Iwane interview) And have him interact with Ash more than Goh, I think it’s fitting that the strongest Pokémon mentors the soon strongest trainer in what it actually means to be the strongest and if it’s worth it or not, plus it fits mewtwo’s character to do that I think.

As for the Sophocles episode...well I would have focused on him for starters not on another Pokémon when it was HIS episode in theory to begin with! Second most boring episode but it had potential

I think the alola gang deserves a longer episode and more time to shine, we barely saw them in action with the rest of their Pokémon

Last edited:
Mewtwo’s episode was the most awful and boring to me, I would have made him return much later and have him be the one to make Ash question why and for what is he gonna fight Leon. (Based on that Iwane interview) And have him interact with Ash more than Goh, I think it’s fitting that the strongest Pokémon mentors the soon strongest trainer in what it actually means to be the strongest and if it’s worth it or not, plus it fits mewtwo’s character to do that I think.

As for the Sophocles episode...well I would have focused on him for starters not on another Pokémon when it was HIS episode in theory to begin with! Second most boring episode but it had potential

I think the alola gang deserves a longer episode and more time to shine, we barely saw them in action with the rest of their Pokémon
Other than Mewtwo not acknowledging Ash I don't see what was wrong with it. It showed off its power and questioned why Go wanted Mew and showed it still protects pokemon.

If we're lucky it'll appear once more at the end of the series when Mew finally appears and we see how it approaches the situation with Go

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
-SM gang: Rather than making that return about Go, I’d instead make it an Ash related episode where he returns to Alola to help get him out of his funk following his loss to Bea. Have his time in Alola be what reminds him of who he really is on the battlefield and prepare him for his rematch.

-Dawn: Give some more showing of Dawn’s dynamic with Ash (how could they leave out the High Five twice?) and Koharu. Also give her some progress with her goal or even some team change especially since she mentioned having traveled multiple regions.

-Iris: Hers was good but I’d expand it to a 2 parter just to give some time to flesh things out for her and give her time to catch up with how she’s been since we last saw her.

Last edited:

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
1. Serena - Give her a Mudkip and have her participate in a normal contest from AG-DP
2. Dawn - Have more dynamic interactions
3. SM children - Replace with COTDs
4. Brock - Show him in the main anime and not just in the special
5. Iris - Explain how she became a champion or atleast some flashbacks

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
People should just ignore Jane, don't start arguing again
I really wish people kept the same energy with calling out Jane that they do with telling others not to respond to her/leave her alone
I'm not saying that she isn't called out, she definitely is, but the people I say that are like 'stop replying to her' have never seemed to hold her accountable either for the toxic environment she creates against SM fans. It doesn't help matters that mod action is never taken against her

Sham

The Guardian of War
People should just ignore Jane, don't start arguing again
Yes, just hit the ignore button. You guys constantly complain about her but keep giving her attention while she’s giving you dust. Does that not get boring? If you find her annoying then just move accordingly. Every people is entitled towards their own opinion.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I really wish y’all would let people post in peace. It’s a free internet. I don’t agree with some things she says (along with a lot of others) but just ignore or keep it moving.
Tbh it's not that she dislikes SM
Heck at this point it's not even that she hates it and keeps reminding it in every post
It's more how she acts when talking about them....the terms she uses to insult them, going out of her way to intentionally misgender me when mocking me, acting classist, her comments about their appearances, it just makes me so uncomfortable at this point. Like at this point just hate SM in peace but don't be so weird about it atleast.....and it doesn't help matters that serebii 's ignore button is useless

Sham

The Guardian of War
Tbh it's not that she dislikes SM
Heck at this point it's not even that she hates it and keeps reminding it in every post
It's more how she acts when talking about them....the terms she uses to insult them, going out of her way to intentionally misgender me when mocking me, acting classist, her comments about their appearances, it just makes me so uncomfortable at this point. Like at this point just hate SM in peace but don't be so weird about it atleast.....and it doesn't help matters that serebii 's ignore button is useless
It’s only useless because you hit the option to view their post after you hit “ignored” tbh. They are characters, I doubt they are taking it personal.

Also I wasn’t telling you what to do but I was just wondering… does the game not get tiring?

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
It’s only useless because you hit the option to view their post after you hit “ignored” tbh. They are characters, I doubt they are taking it personal.

Also I wasn’t telling you what to do but I was just wondering… does the game not get tiring?
It does get tiring and I kinda wish it would stop and I try to let it stop but i get dragged back in coz well credit where credit is due, she's good at triggering with some of her statements
It's less I'm offended on the characters behalf and more I'm just baffled, why would you even say something like that? Like what's the mentality behind judging anything like that? It just feels so disturbing
And yeah i do hit show the post option more often then I shouldnt, but it's such a big green slob on the screen when others reply to it and the conversations get confusing to follow
I wish serebii had an option to not even see that green blob message and directly act as if the user doesn't exist if you ignore/block them

Contest Lives seem like contests without battling, which sucks because I need to see Serena compete in an actual contest and battle but her end goal would be with Contest Lives/showcases
Episode with Ash helping Serena train for contest battles please. I thought Serena going to Hoenn would mean she would get to participate in actual contests, not just another showcase...