• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How would you “fix” each returning characters episode?

Aryash Bajaj

Say I'm fat again!
Regarding Ash's loss to Bea, I would make Alola episode the one where it is resolved by Ash talking with his close friends and Kukui/Burnett. Not the shitty flygon episode.

Scrap Dawn returns and do anything other than save the world plots. And not let her get upstaged by Koharu.

Iris' introduction battle would be a battle against Flint where she beats him. She would not battle Ash until the master 8.

ImBeVillain

No more six members
I wish could see like this:

Episode 36
- Flygon episode.

Ash after lost to Bea, he have a lost streak with some trainers in Normal Class. He get break from PWC battles and he's bit scaring about still lose to someone trainer. Together with Goh get journey in Hoenn searching a sandstorm pokemon, Goh caught Trapinch and Vibrava but later Ash telling him he want trying get battle against Flygon because he want his depression get cured after losing more battles - ufortunatelly Flygon sweeped Pikachu and Riolu, they lost. Ash become more angry than depressed - he send Dragonite for take down on Flygon, that was succeeded. Goh get chance catch this pokemon, without battle.

Episode 37 - Alola episode.

Starting with Exeguttor thing they decide flying to Alola region, Ash was very happy reunite with his best friends after bit long time no see. Instead they get separated - they going to school together. All friends welcome him and Goh. Ash introduce his new team to old friends, everyone are impressed about he have Dragonite - Kiawe want challenge Ash to battle with this pokemon, also explained him that he also is a PWC opponent too [Normal Class]. And main characters get separated - Goh going to catch some new Alola pokemon [Lana, Mallow and Sophocles are helping him]. During at PWC battle Kiawe is bit annoyed that Ash is bit scared about losing - he taught him why he was best in Alola and taught him why he become a Alolan Champion. Ash got scolded bit and wanted trying a win against Kiawe - but finally he won. [Dragonite vs Turtonator]

Episode 38 - Aerodactyl episode.

In during exploring a new fossils, Ash decided get some PWC battle and search opponent in THAT episode - he found new opponents, but surprisingly opponent have a Omastar, which also have a tentacle like Bea's Grapploct. Ash finally won battle with just his Riolu and ranked up to Super Class - battle get some 1-2 minutes and whole rest screentime is about fossils thing - Goh revived Aerodactyl and Ash had no anymore depression, he was happy and helped to Goh and Chloe defeat Team R. After Team R get blasted off, Ash reminded about Kiawe's words + flasback about earlier episode.

Episode 39 - Rematch vs Bea.

Ash decide flying to this region and want rematch against her. Ash again reminded about Kiawe's words and get start battle with her.
After this battle, she apologizes to Ash if she offended him about his friend.

After skipping Mega Evolution arc.

Episode 92 - Gengar's G-Max Training

Bea want challenge to Ash for unofficial battle, even if she lost to him in PWC recently. Ash send Gengar for this battle and Bea send Machamp, they both use Dynamax band. Everyone confused that Gengar is just dynamaxed, cannot get gigantamax. Allister watched this whole short battle and decide help Ash's Gengar get this G-Max. In the end of this episode Bea impressed Gengar got what he wanted - G-Max version and she congratulated to Ash about training succeeded.

Episode 99 - Ash vs Marnie

Bea and Allister watching this battle together instead of just only him.

Badfemalecompanion

Iris' path to becoming champion would be explained. Drayden would reveal that Virgil retired from his league champion duties to become a firefighter or w/e he does and Iris beat Cameron in the finals to become league champion and that she lost badly to the first member of the elite four she faced. Also, Drayden also reveals that Cameron thought that in the finals, it was a 2 vs 2 battle and he managed to take out 5 of Iris' pokemon, only narrowly losing at the end to her Haxorus.

Panky..

Discord: Panky..#9281
Iris' path to becoming champion would be explained. Drayden would reveal that Virgil retired from his league champion duties to become a firefighter or w/e he does and Iris beat Cameron in the finals to become league champion and that she lost badly to the first member of the elite four she faced. Also, Drayden also reveals that Cameron thought that in the finals, it was a 2 vs 2 battle and he managed to take out 5 of Iris' pokemon, only narrowly losing at the end to her Haxorus.
Your trolling was never funny. Give it up.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
To be fair, it's very much unknown how even one becomes a regional Champion in the anime.

Much more when Alder wasn't mentioned to have retired...or mentioned at all.
Additionally it’s almost impossible to foreshadow her becoming a Champion because even the viewers weren’t suppose to know about it. They didn’t reveal it until the week of.

Given how Alder was portrayed in the series despite Masters and the games does it really bother you he was never mentioned?

I didn’t even know people (not you in particular) liked or cared about him magically until she became Champion.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Additionally it’s almost impossible to foreshadow her becoming a Champion because even the viewers weren’t suppose to know about it. They didn’t reveal it until the week of.

Given how Alder was portrayed in the series despite Masters and the games does it really bother you he was never mentioned?

I didn’t even know people (not you in particular) liked or cared about him magically until she became Champion.
Even in his debut, to me, he was endearing, guiding Cheren into being a better person, his story of how his first Larvesta passed away and changed his outlook in life, the fact he is the first Champion to try to fight the big bad (only when the player thinks N is the one, but still), and how he had no ill feelings towards N beating him because Iris herself - whom N thought for sure disliked him for beating Alder - recognized through Alder's words that N beat him because N's honest wish to give Pokemon a better life was stronger than his rather than a simple battle of strength (this last bit was presented in Masters EX). When Iris ascended to Champion, she tries hard to emulate Alder's wise words so she does a good job (also, the game does state that she had to work so hard to defeat Alder, because he didn't just retire without a battle).

...So it's a big slap on the face how the anime completely destroyed Alder's character and Iris simply had zero respect for the Jiraiya he became. He was reduced to some pervy sage into Boufallant (of all things, even if that is one Pokemon he does have in the game) who was just around to give Trip a very premature character arc end so he'd be expendable at the league (and that's also surely the reason they aged up Cheren so he wouldn't be around).

Last edited:

ImBeVillain

No more six members
You know what I think, why Iris became the Champion of the Unova region - I will write here, but beware, it will be a fan theory.

Basically Iris is a youngest champion ever, that mean she didn't yet experienced about being become a Dragon Master what she said in ep. 65.
Alder might at the before this time have been thinking of choosing to succeed the regional champion rather than fighting - as he would have considered retiring, not wanting to use himself yet titling himself as a Unova Champion.
When he saw Iris training, he was delighted with her effort. He proposed to her to challenge the Elite Four in Unova, Iris accepted about this and tried challenge to them, Alder was requested by Drayden about becoming as her mentor when he isn't during in Opelucid gym - he thaugh her how deal with them. When Iris defeated all E4 members, Alder resigned himself as a Unova Champion and gave to her this title - without battle, he would said to her with joke - something like "I'm old to modern battles now".
And might also too that Trip did not accept Alder's idea and challenged Iris, thinking he was better than her, and gave a reason why HE should be Unova's regional champion and then his full team got sweeped by only her Haxorus.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
Besides the outcome of the battle (kinda already let that go since she excelled after that) I wouldn’t really fix anything about it besides probably a bit of context of what made her train under Drayden and come back to Unova.

I also would of omit the Dragon Master line and not quite being it yet or just let her say she became a Dragon Master. Despite Pokémon Master and Dragon Master being more “vague” than the other goals, at this point Ash and Iris are just being modest. They’re the strongest trainers in the world (and Ash will soon be the strongest) but they won’t say they’ve made it? I get the “it keeps you traveling and perusing newer goals” but then…

Oh well at least this adorable pic came from the episode
FTFmwh3agAAuDpi

Last edited:

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Removing Ash and co. from it is kind of major, even if they contributed so little.

Like, Ash, take a hint. Not everyone has to live under your micro-management.
I'm so annoyed that people would want Ash out of the episode because 'he did nothing'
Yes that was the point, it was an Aether family episode. Then why was Ash there? Because he's been a HUGE part of the aether family struggles and has helped them so much, he deserves to see them reunited
That episode honestly is perfect