• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How would you arm yourself?

Baton Passer

Bzzzzzzzzzzt!
I was just sitting and wondering, what if Double team, and sand attack were just magically legal again.

Listen I'm not asking for an opinion of wether you want them to be legal or not.

I'm just wondering, how would you prepare for the wave of people beasting battles with un prepared teams using mud slap? How would you make yourself unsusceptible to this kind of ownage, without quitting and whining? As well as being able to deal with non Double team teams?

Well?

Luxe

Stranded MeisterIsle
I would switch to my Manectric with charge beam. Of course, if it was a ground type I had to face, I would keep using HP Grass until the pp ran out, and then I would admit defeat. Wait HOLD ON, i would use my bulky glaceon and keep using Roar, which would wear down the opponent's HP due to damage from Stealth Rock.

Dante Falls

Doppelgänger
Haze would probably see a lot more use, even though it's quite common already.

Then Faint Attack, Aerial Ace, Shadow Punch, Magnet Bomb, Swift, Magical Leaf and Shock Wave would see an increased usage too, most likely.

Although, Aerial Ace does seem to be used on Normal types to counter Fighting, occasionally. And in Generation III it was pretty much the standard flying move, wasn't it?

Ludi-Cola

Drink Responsibly
Lock On/Mind Reader/Miracle Eye see a rise in usage on my teams. Ppl would be more willing to trade for pokemon bred w/ Odor Sleuth. And instead of discarding Keen Eye as a lesser ability I wld actually keep birds that had that!
Seeing this reminded me of how much HATE I had for Falkner in the original Silver. Mud-slapping birds ruining my every attack, it ain't fair I tells ya it just ain't fair!

kiogrey

RS REMAKES
Yeah, I suppose Haze and Defog would be more common if that happened.

masterleo

Order Up!
Skarm would finally get to USE one of it's abilitys

Bebop

Double Team is illegal? D: But I love Double Team and Sand Attack. [Give it to Scyther, leftovers, swords dance, and watch the magic fly!]

I just simple use foresight. There! Problem solve for Wondereyes and double team abusers.

*By the way, I never knew that Double Team is illegal. D: I never done a online battle.

Last edited:

Noheart

The Abysswalker
Would be stacking Shock Wave, Aerial Ace, and co. in my team. Technician will be my friend.

B)

pokemaster001

really?
they're illegal?
because....they might not hit?
F*ck you competitive battlers, f*ck you.

Sagachu

Smooth as a Brock
really?
they're illegal?
because....they might not hit?
F*ck you competitive battlers, f*ck you.

Lol, I was thinking the same thing. Maybe not the same words, probably along the lines of "Really, you guys really banned those moves?", but netherless the same thing. But I have to ask, isn't brightpoweder legal? It's almost the same thing, just not stackable.

Typhlosion001

i wouldn't really know how to prepare for them because ive never faced a double team kinda team. A little off topic but does anyone have a legit reason to why they are banned besides the fact that they raise evaisness/lower?

i am a aclomiton nuclear android from the future you may call me anna

the title is from family guy btw

i would arm myself with sweepers on first instinct and then add a ton of stat up walls and tanks.

or i would just use taunt :O owned by one move xd

jellsprout

Gliscor with Double Team, Substitute, Baton Pass and Taunt/Earthquake with either Leftovers or Bright Powder in the same team as a Tyranitar.
If I'm holding Bright Powder and Sandstorm is brewing, the opponent will only have a 74% chance to hit with a 100 accuracy move. After 1 Double Team, this chance gets lowered to 54%. For each Double Team after that, their chance gets lowered to 42%, 36%, 31%, 27% and finally 24%. With Substitute, you would have to hit Gliscor twice to KO it. After 6 Double Teams, that chance is lower than 6%. I can now Baton Pass these evasion boosts and the substitute to Lucario or Metagross, who can start sweeping teams. I could even pass to Smeargle first to get some more stat boosts. Minimal effort and unless the opponent builds its team specifically to counter it or gets very lucky, he will lose.
And that is why Double Team and Minimize are illegal. Sand Attack on the other hand is perfectly legal. Use it as much as your heart desires.

Baton Passer

Bzzzzzzzzzzt!
Gliscor with Double Team, Substitute, Baton Pass and Taunt/Earthquake with either Leftovers or Bright Powder in the same team as a Tyranitar.
If I'm holding Bright Powder and Sandstorm is brewing, the opponent will only have a 74% chance to hit with a 100 accuracy move. After 1 Double Team, this chance gets lowered to 54%. For each Double Team after that, their chance gets lowered to 42%, 36%, 31%, 27% and finally 24%. With Substitute, you would have to hit Gliscor twice to KO it. After 6 Double Teams, that chance is lower than 6%. I can now Baton Pass these evasion boosts and the substitute to Lucario or Metagross, who can start sweeping teams. I could even pass to Smeargle first to get some more stat boosts. Minimal effort and unless the opponent builds its team specifically to counter it or gets very lucky, he will lose.
And that is why Double Team and Minimize are illegal. Sand Attack on the other hand is perfectly legal. Use it as much as your heart desires.

Well said.

pastel

Viva el Reggaeton!
just use a fast sweeper... and hope i beat in 1 turn... maybe dd salamence or gyaados...

I am also curious as to when Double Team became illegal. How do these attacks become illegal? Who gets to make that decision?

To counter it, use attacks with good accuracy. Haze and roar are useful. Toxic, leech seed, and Will-o-wisp are a good idea too, land one and eventually it'll die off. Of course there are counters to those strategies too (Rest). And there'll be counters to those counters.

Orangefeather

I am also curious as to when Double Team became illegal. How do these attacks become illegal? Who gets to make that decision?
Deutsch Koffing University decides. They have a ton of people who test what's broken and not broken. If evasion/accuracy moves were allowed, then a series of coin flips would pretty much decide every battle.

If they were unbanned, I would just use 100% accuracy moves like Aura Sphere, and Keen Eye pokemon.