• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How would you bring up the games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hilda

Even though I disagree with the thread starters post, how the hell do you come up with the conclusion of Genwunner? You can't even say 1 thing against the newer gens.
No, he is not a genwunner, you are a NEWGENNER.

Why the hell do you call the Kanto Pokémon genwun pokémon anyway? I love it how the older ones can get bashed all day long, but one thing to the newer ones = GENWUNNER!

Mods, pressed quote and reply instead of edit, sorry.

Atratus

Antimatter Trainer
About the wifi thing mentioned, I personally think it is awesome. Sure, not all of us has access to it (I don't), but Wifi is not essential for the game, it is more of a bonus. Online battling and trading and that- would you really say it shouldn't exist?

As for the "Gen 1" thing, I think I was misunderstood. If the franchise would have began with the Unova pokemon as the first batch, it would be fine by me and I would still think they shouldn't be releasing 151 new Kanto pokemon.

Edit: I edited the original post with possibly better wording and a bit more explanations. Hopefully things will be a bit clearer now :)

Last edited:

randomspot555

Dude, I think you are misunderstanding what the OP said. I think he was talking about Gen 1 Pokemon being indigenous to Kanto, gen 2 indigenous to Johto, and so on. No offense, but I can't help but feel you're being a tad too aggressive in your responses, as quite a few have been in here. Now, I'd rather they include both old and new Pokemon each generation, which leads me to another previously mentioned point.

Silly me for trying to promote discussion and expression my opinion in the General Pokemon Discussion forum.

I'm sure you do think I've been too aggressive, but all I'm doing is sharing my opinion just like anyone else.

SimH8

If you think Pokemon should move away from encouraging players to interact with eachother, that certainly is a core aspect of the games and something I'd never advocate for. Its great that you're still buying the games even though you're only "partially enjoying" them. I'm just letting you know Pokemon isn't going to change something that's been around since the beginning. There will always be encouragement to interact with other players and incentives, such as trade evolution and events. What you see as a problem I see as a positive trait of the games.

Don't get me wrong I think getting players to interact with each other is a good idea, but I just think some of the ways Game Freak does it are flawed. And don't worry, I enjoy the games a lot more than "partially" ;). But I don't really see as it not changing just because it's been around from the beginning, unlikely to change but might. I definitely appreciate what they tried to do, but it's just done in the wrong way.

What I would suggest is things like co op missions, mini games, and battle video sharing (you get the picture). This is because these aspects add to interaction aspect, but don't take anything anyway from the game by adding. However forcing trade based evolutions does take away from the game as it has certain negative implications (like certain pokemon being unavailable).

Or maybe they could make it so previously based evolutions could either be traded to evolve and have a hard evolution requirement. This way, interaction can still be used, but people without other copies of the game can still get these pokemon. Same with catching and low encounter rate (say 1%).

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
To be fair nowadays most traded to evolve Pokemon can be found wild now, such as Steelix, so people that may not be able to trade can still get them, ironically this feature has been introduced in an era where communication between players has never been higher, whereas it was probably needed more in older generations.

Also the topic is about how we would have brought up the games from the beginning until now, not about us suddenly changing them from today onwards. So 'it's not been done before, why should it be changed now' is not a valid argument in this situation.

moneylesswario

Gone But Not Forgotten
I like some of your ideas, OP, especially the legendaries thing. Legendaries (and dragons) are supposed to be sacred, there are too many of them. If they're going to make a bunch of legendaries, fine, I don't personally like it, but at least give them all their own unique lore and not shoehorn them all in. They're supposed to be majestic, too. RS would have been just fine with just Latios and Latias.
~marioluigifan05

SimH8

To be fair nowadays most traded to evolve Pokemon can be found wild now, such as Steelix, so people that may not be able to trade can still get them, ironically this feature has been introduced in an era where communication between players has never been higher, whereas it was probably needed more in older generations.

I think Steelix is the only one, correct me if I'm wrong.

moneylesswario

Gone But Not Forgotten

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Status
Not open for further replies.