• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How would you change the type chart?

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Basically what it says on the box. If you got to change the type effectiveness of any one type against another, what would you do?

Say why.

Note that this thread is ONLY for changing type effectiveness, NOT for adding types to the type chart.

In other words, shut up about the Light type.

Last edited:

Dunsparce4prez

I feel like electric should be super effective against steel. Conductivity and the like.

Dunsparce4prez

Poison super effective against fighting. Steroids etc.

Derp

[Something funny]
Poison super effective against bug(as poison kills bugs) and water(as it makes water polluted).

eronia

Steel super effective against dragon. When I think of killing dragons I don't think of doing so with ice, I think of slaying them with metal weapon like swords, spears, arrows, etc.

George~©

All Gravy
never understood how ice is not very effective against water. Ice freezes water, therefore ice > water.

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
Poison super effective against fighting. Steroids etc.

Steroids are only dangerous if abused. Water is dangerous if abused, that's no reason to make it super effective against Fighting types.

Super Effective, because I threw a Rock at a piece of Metal and the Metal got dented.

That's really not a great reason. You can do a lot of things to metal with a lot of different substances. I can snap thin bits of metal, and as I have no outstanding qualities, it doesn't mean Normal should be effective against Steel.

never understood how ice is not very effective against water. Ice freezes water, therefore ice > water.

Ice IS frozen water, it does not freeze it. Low temperatures freeze water. Put some ice cubes in a glass of tap water. What happens? The water cools, but the ice melts because the tap water is at a higher temperature. The ice cubes do not freeze the water.

Steel super effective against dragon. When I think of killing dragons I don't think of doing so with ice, I think of slaying them with metal weapon like swords, spears, arrows, etc.

I like this, when a Knight with a steel sword faces off against a lone dragon, the knight is always (traditionally) victorious.

Personally, I'm going to go for:

Poison being Super Effective against Bug, like it was originally, simply due to how there are a considerable amount of noxious chemicals designed for killing insects that are in turn dangerous to other creatures (don't eat these pellets, don't inhale this gas, don't touch this powder, etc).

Water being Super Effective against Steel, due to it's erosive, corrosive and oxidising effect on a large number of metals, including; but not limited to; Steel.

cantab

Poison should be SE against Steel, on the grounds that the Poison type is associated with acid, as well as biological poison, and acids will eat through steel. And the Poison type badly needs a buff; it's not bad defensively, but hits only Grass SE offensively, and everyone and their mother gets Toxic. The steel type wouldn't mind another weakness, it's too dominant defensively at present.

I'd like to see Dark and Ghost each be able to hit a new type SE, purely so they're not so redundant offensively. Not sure which mind. Ghost hitting Ground might make sense, ghosts can pass through solid ground. Dark hitting Grass works thematically (plants don't grow at night), but I don't think the Grass type needs another weakness.

My views on others: Steel SE against Dragon is a no because the Steel type doesn't need strengthening.

Electric and water are I think fine hitting steel neutrally. I wouldn't make both hit it SE, that would give the Steel type too many weaknesses to common attacking types (especially if it's weak to poison as well as I suggest).

Poison hitting Water SE is OK, but hitting Bug SE I think weakens the already-shaky Bug type further.

Last edited:

Rakurai

I'd make Poison SE against Bug and Water types, and remove the Bug type's Rock weakness.

I'd also remove the Grass type's Flying weakness for the sake of making it a little less horrible defensively.

Dark hitting Grass works thematically (plants don't grow at night)

I thought dark types were the bad kind of dark, not night. The japanese name for Dark is "Aku", meaning evil if I recall right. Dark type moves doesn't have that night time theme... all/most of them has something to do with cheap shots, negative energy, and... being dark.

EliteMaster

I would like to Poison to be super effective at water. That type sucks offensively.

Skydra

Poison on Steel shouldn't be super effective, because in Pokemon Poison usually refers to creature made poisons that pretty much only affect other life forms, not acids. Take the move Toxic; something being toxic means it is dangerous to life forms, but not corrosive.

Seeing as Bug refers to a typing in which all are associated with living or once-living beings and how bugs are easily killed with poisons, Poison should be super affective against it.

PlatinumAssassin

Dragon Master
Poison should definitely get another SE for it, because as of right now its not very offensive...at all...

Also, Ice is Super effective against Dragon for the same reason Ice is SE against Flying types. Does this really make sense anymore, what with all the non-flying legendaries? No, but with the original Dragon-type, Dragonite, it does. Shoould Steel be SE though? No, I don't think so, Dragons are predominantly thought of as incredibly strong beasts, and with that in mind, they should be able to break through it. Also, Dragons are said to have tough skin that only the very strongest of materials could break through.

I think if any type should weaken Dragon, it should be Fighting, but its fine with how it is now. It is only super effective against itself and Dragon and Ice are its only weaknesses. Its quite even, Attack/Defense wise.