• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How would you end Jessie, James and Meowth's Story?

Kintaro

Banned
I would have cut them loose after Kanto. They have long over stayed their welcome.

Why? They were still good in Johto, ok in AG and in DP only Jessie's Contest quest was interesting. But Team Rocket much like Brock generally got staler with every saga after the OS. At least Brock left.

PorcelainVulpix

currently watching LOK
Maybe to You they were good. I thought they were annoying from the jump but I can tolerate them a little in Kanto.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Why? They were still good in Johto, ok in AG and in DP only Jessie's Contest quest was interesting. But Team Rocket much like Brock generally got staler with every saga after the OS. At least Brock left.
I found Jessie's contest arc in AG and DP to be forced tbh. It felt like she was leeching off of May and Dawn to stay relevant, but it didn't really work well at all imo lol

Kintaro

Banned
Maybe to You they were good. I thought they were annoying from the jump but I can tolerate them a little in Kanto.

So you never liked TR much? Surprising, usually from what I've seen most OS fans really like Team Rocket, at least during the Kanto/Johto era when they were well handled/developed and still funny.

They did start to wane in AG and DP, but as I said them getting new pokemon like Seviper/Cacnea, Jessie getting into Contests, and James getting a few good eps kept them from being too bad. Although they did start to get too annoying in DP since that's when they should have stopped appearing in every episode.

zdbz_sn

I would have retired them in Johto, by expanding the basic idea of Mewtwo Returns from an hour-long special to a series-long arc, which would end the organization as a whole and have the TRio realize what Shudo always wanted them to learn: that they were basically good people serving a bad cause.

michael147

With best wishes
Personally, I think some relationships may help them change their personality for the better. I know, this is not a shippers community section, but we talk about Team Rocket's destination. :)

As for James, I see him living a happy life with Gardenia in a house with a spacious garden and a lawn. I think they can work as grass-type breeders and/or growing and selling berries for pokemon.

As for Jessie, I would like her to continue her coordinating experience and live with Austin with whom she released her Dustox.

As for Meowth, I see him as an engineer creating now helpful mecha.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
My general idea was the TRio splitting up. They leave Team Rocket after careful consideration. James visits his parents to have a heart to heart conversation and then head off to help his aging grandparents at their farm, a place where he had his happiest memories, as well as reunite with Chimecho (in this story, he left Mime Jr. with his grandparents rather than TR HQ.) Jessie goes on to enter Contests in Hoenn & Sinnoh and Tripokalons in Kanto while volunteering at the community theater. Meowth and Wobbuffet assists her in her career. Or if they have to be separated, Wobbuffet returns to Hoenn to be with his love after a temporary leave to make their love grow stronger and Meowth gets a job selling ramen or doing odd jobs that utilizes his talents and living a simple life. At times, they do see each other and catch up on good times but it’s better to be separated so that each can see the other the best version of themselves. While it would be nice for them to stay together forever (and they can), I feel like they’re better off separated to not fall into old habits and to step into their own person rather than be known as Jessie, James, & Meowth, the incompetent TRio but the characters Jessie, James, & Meowth.

DatsRight

I found Jessie's contest arc in AG and DP to be forced tbh. It felt like she was leeching off of May and Dawn to stay relevant, but it didn't really work well at all imo lol

Truthfully I always thought it was the other way round, at least for May, whose contest performances were often underdeveloped so she needed jobbers or cheaters like Jessie or Harley to make her look good by relation and excuse her winning all the time. Dawn was more good in her own right, so they were willing to make Jessie a more effective rival, while Serena was sort of back to May's level. Truthfully I liked Jessie and the rest of the TR being allowed to get better at something, thus having some sort of arc involvement.

I think that's the recurring problem with Team Rocket, they're straw losers, not really effective or creative challenges most of the time. They're designed to be a basic and incompetent plot device that the twerps can defeat and look 'badass' against without really giving them more agency, they don't even really bother to write a chemistry most of the time, they're an excuse to keep the twerps bland and complacent without making them look bad, which is why so many thrive on TR or some equivalent NOT appearing so the twerps can get solo screen time just proving they can be remarkable as characters in their own right.

I actually think the writers have an easier time writing TR as effective and having an agency to the plot than most of the heroes, notice they can write Team Rocket being formidable many times, but they struggle writing the twerps have a MORE formidable retaliation to win, they always need plot armour or for Team Rocket to be dumbed down into practically standing targets so they can win with bare bones offence (I think one review of BW put it best, the anime struggles to make a face off where the bad guy was smart but the hero was just that little bit smarter). Also look how often Team Rocket try to be funny and start up funny banter and rivalries but the twerps just stonewall it and say the same stock quotes. I think it's as much the failing in the protagonists' writing than Team Rocket themselves that the latter are such irrelevant characters since you can only do so well playing off a co-star who just refuses to bounce off of you. But the writers don't see this as an issue, they if anything see it as a perfect plot device.

Last edited:

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
I’d also like if their ending let them reunite with their old Pokèmon.
Except Amoonguss and Frillish, who are irrelevant.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I find it more odd that Jessie caught a literal smiling ghostly jellyfish and yet that still managed to be as interesting as a carton of milk. As for topic, I would just have them reunite with their old Pokemon at least (and yes even Frillish and Amoonguss lol) and perhaps leaving TR for good so that they may pursue new interests out there in the world of Pokemon.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I find it more odd that Jessie caught a literal smiling ghostly jellyfish and yet that still managed to be as interesting as a carton of milk. As for topic, I would just have them reunite with their old Pokemon at least (and yes even Frillish and Amoonguss lol) and perhaps leaving TR for good so that they may pursue new interests out there in the world of Pokemon.
That's pretty genius. Jessie & James have been around as long as Ash so they've probably caught more Pokemon than any other character except for Ash. That would be cool but where would the reunion take place?

Leonhart

Imagineer
I would've ended their run when Jouto ended, honestly. When Kasumi left, I wondered why Musashi and her gang didn't also exit the show given how Houen was hyped as a fresh new start.