• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How would you feel about a Pokemon Academy Spinoff Series?

J-boogie200

What if the writers ever decided to do with Pokemon the same thing that they did with Yugioh GX and create a Pokemon Academy.

As seen in the Anime, pokemon schools are very popular, however, suppose the writers wanted to make a show involving 10 year olds who are pokemon trainers and go to school in order to become Pokemon Masters a different way. We'd have a main character like Ash and his/her main companions.

There would be many battles, fillers yes, and storylines. I'm not saying it will happen, but it is always a possibility and I'm referring to all the past times we've encountered Pokemon schools and such. It may be foreshadowing for future reference.

I by no means intend for this to be fanfiction, just opinions on how you would feel if it happened and Ash's journey doesn't necessarily have to end, keep that in mind.

Vernikova

Champion
I wouldn't want a Pokémon Academy spin-off series. It would seem pretty boring to me since the whole thing would appear to focus more on the comedy side of the show rather than the actual battling aspect since it would focus a lot more on the characters themselves instead of the Pokémon. The antagonist of the series would be a predictable school official, a "School bull(y)(ies)", or the outside orginization that would target the world for some reason. Of course, that would draw attention away from the school so I don't know. That's just what I think though. Perhaps the series would be more than the possible situations that I listed above.

I wouldn't mind that because I can only handle so much Ash and/or Dawn...
If they where to do that they would need to spin way off then main person collects 8 badges and gets to battling somehing special...

An00bis

Wicked Witch
Yugioh GX

No.

The one thing I noticed about the vast majority of animes that take place in a school setting is that they don't actually revolve around the actual task of ... going to school. The writers seem to do everything possible to avoid showing the students actually in class learning or taking tests unless its for comedic or plot building value. In fact a few anime protagonists took part in behavior that would been seen as unfavorable in a real school environment. Leaving class early, playing sick, playing hookie, or even dropping out of school for one reason or another.

The same can be applied to the Summer School Arch we had not too long ago. There was one scene in the classroom but in it they seemed to just do whatever. I can't even remember what the lesson the instructor was trying to get across was. Then after that we got a bunch of wacky things happening all at once and the school concept was essentially dropped for a silly competition.

There's probably a lot of schools in the anime not only to give children the fundamental skills they need to do well later in life (reading, writing, and math) but to give them their first real exposure to Pokemon in a safe and controlled environment. They live in a potentially dangerous world. Even if a child chooses not to be a Pokemon Trainer or Coordinator they should still know how to react and take care of Pokemon as needed.

Leafeonxx

I wouldn't mind, but it probably wouldn't be too good of a series because I think that characters going on an adventure is more interesting than seeing them go to school. But if it had good writers, maybe...

Rex Kamex

As seen in the Anime, pokemon schools are very popular, however, suppose the writers wanted to make a show involving 10 year olds who are pokemon trainers and go to school in order to become Pokemon Masters a different way. We'd have a main character like Ash and his/her main companions.

I don't think those schools were meant to try and make kids Pokemon Masters, so I don't think they'd start to make a school like that. They'd probably think outside experience is a key thing, and even though people can go outside while still at school, I don't think the people in the Pokemon World would consider it enough to go only a short distance away from the school.

If they were doing this, I'd want a main guy and girl. =P Buuuuuut I know that's two much to ask for.

I by no means intend for this to be fanfiction, just opinions on how you would feel if it happened and Ash's journey doesn't necessarily have to end, keep that in mind.

I don't think the show would do well competing with Ash's show, since that's been around for years.

Last edited:

OBSESSED WITH PKNM

I'M BACK...MISS ME?
awfull idea, since the whole story would just be sitting in a classroom learning, and the occasial battle. it wouldn't have the same feel or plot it did as in ...*eeewww*yugioh gx, since for some dumb reason cards controle the world, and the goverment still doesn't know about it...besides that it would be a looping series, the only plot of the story would be to get to the next grade...

milenadrg

No! I don't want it! First, it will be Yu-Gi-Oh copy, second even with a worst fillers ever, traveling around the world sounds much more interesting than just stupid school(at least to me)...

Slowking[George]

#SPP-WiFi HOP
No! I don't want it! First, it will be Yu-Gi-Oh copy, second even with a worst fillers ever, traveling around the world sounds much more interesting than just stupid school(at least to me)...

Exactly, and not only that, but the fans need some sort of plot like "Ash is participating in a league and needs to collect 8 badges" or "Ash needs to collect 7 Frontier Symbols to become master of the Battle Frontier".
Without big battles like these which the fans can look forward too, you cannot grasp their attention, and a season in a school would basically kill it.

Jun's Heracross

Battle Ace
i'd like a spin-off series just not with that, I'd like a decent fresh face other than ash for a bit, but it would probably fail.

mockingjay

swift and lol
Are you saying you want a high-school anime? Then I can't really see Pokemon in it.

Competitive5910

Codename:ArseusEater
What if the writers ever decided to do with Pokemon the same thing that they did with Yugioh GX and create a Pokemon Academy.

There would be many battles, fillers yes, and storylines. I'm not saying it will happen, but it is always a possibility and I'm referring to all the past times we've encountered Pokemon schools and such. It may be foreshadowing for future reference.

I think it would me more teen angst.
"Giselle, i know you love joe, but I am the one the PROPHECY FORTELLS" LOVE ME!

"Alright bob, let's get married!"

Slowking[George];9971930 said:
Exactly, and not only that, but the fans need some sort of plot like "Ash is participating in a league and needs to collect 8 badges" or "Ash needs to collect 7 Frontier Symbols to become master of the Battle Frontier".
Without big battles like these which the fans can look forward too, you cannot grasp their attention, and a season in a school would basically kill it.

Like i say again. Teen angst

Harris73

MAIL ROOM!! NAO!!
eww.. It'd probably get boring after a while.

Dr. MECha

Prof. of Pokeology
A spinoff is possible, but not some Pokemon Academy. I perfer a Anime spinoff based on a VIDEO GAME spinoff: like Pokemon Mysterious Dungeon or Pokemon Ranger.

Alloute

Not Banned
Pokemon Academy? As in a wannabe GX spin-off?

No, never, not in a million years :/

Jorah

What do I put here?

That's just ridiculous. Everyone knows it's Pokemon battles on motor bikes that's where it's at. :D

Anyway, it could be interesting, but Pokemon likes to keep the main plot revolving around the games, so unless some sort of game comes out where you go to school with Pokemon, I doubt the writers would want to put the effort in or see the point in it.