• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How would you feel if Dawn wins the GF, and Ash loses the League?

How would you feel if Dawn wins the GF, and Ash loses the League?

• Like the direction the writers are taking

Votes: 21 16.5%
  • Don't agree with the Direction writers are taking

Votes: 34 26.8%
  • Don't like the direction, but will move on

Votes: 39 30.7%
  • I'm indifferent towards the issue.

Votes: 33 26.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This issue seems to have varying opinions on both sides of the argument. Some people have said it's bad writing, some people have said it makes sense seeing as the competition significantly lower this time around. Would you be disappointed by it? Would you find it justified, and a good move by the writers? Feel free to express you opinions on the matter.

zeno48

Zaker!
I wouldn't want Ash to win yet because the 5th gen is coming up. If he wins the league then he would have to win whatever comes after and at that point it would get really boring. Nothing to look forward too but since Ash never seems to win anything i wouldn't really worry about this yet. There is still more to look forward too and if Dawn wins then good for her and at that point i think the anime will follow a new turn of events by dropping contests.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
I would feel happy for Dawn. And be angry about Ash's loss.

Yeah.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I wouldn't care. Dawn is leaving, Ash in not.

Dax

Legend
With the possibility of Dawn leaving I wouldn't be mad if she leaves with a big victory. Ash and Dawn have separate goals that require different techniques. Both difficult journeys but Dawn winning doesn't affect Ash at all.

The only thing that will bother me is if Ash doesn't place higher than previous seasons. That would be a tragedy. With the team and growth he has gotten this season I expect a Top 4 or Top 2 for him.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I'd be upset.

Ash definitely deserves to win the league this time. He has a powerful team, he's beating Paul, why does he need to lose again?

If he loses again, what the hell can his 5th gen team do that his DP team could not?

Stage On

Aura guardian
I'd be very upset.

Dawn is a newb corridnator. Nobody in this show has ever won a major tournament on their first try and she should be no exeption. It looks bad when a more experinced corrdiantor couldn't win after two tries and she just waltzes in and gets it just on beginners luck.

Just becuse she's leaving dosn't mean she should get a freeby.

Further more Ash is a vertian pokemon trainer by now. He's got the experince after years of training and he's got a good team to back him up. It would feel like a big let down after all this building up for him to lose yet again.

In the kanto league he lost because he was a noob and not that great.
In the Johto league he was able to double his placement showing his improvement but he was too reliant of his reserves which cost him since he newer pokemon weren't strong enough to make up for it
In Honen he matched his Johto preformance using only his new team showing he had improved as a trainer

All he has to do is combine his approch now. If he takes his strong current team and uses his reserves to supliment them he should be able to take it.

At this point it would be Bull if he lost. Double so if Dawn won and he didn't since he actually deserves the win more.

R_N

I wouldn't care, and I expect it to happen (well, maybe not Dawn winning).

Dawn won't be around for the next region, Ash will. Simple as that.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I wouldn't care, and I expect it to happen (well, maybe not Dawn winning).

Dawn won't be around for the next region, Ash will. Simple as that.

And Ash winning a single league wouldn't prevent him from continuing either.

I remember people being disappointed when he lost the Hoenn league, but now, with an even more fully evolved team in the Sinnoh league, it'll be even more of a disappointment.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
I wouldn't care. Dawn is leaving, Ash is not.

Seconded.

There's a such thing as " Beginner's Luck ". May had more Beginner's Luck in her Ribbon Collecting then the Grand Festival. Dawn had a rough time Ribbon Collecting but now that she's at the Grand Festival she really has a shot at proving herself.

Mind that even getting to the Grand Festival is a feat in itself and proof that a Coordinator really has the skills to be a Champion. There are many Coordinators who can't even collect 5 Ribbons. Mind that Pokemon Coordinating has a much smaller margin for success then Pokemon Training because there's a very limited amount of Ribbons to a wider selection of Badges. Not saying that people who manage to get into the Pokemon League are slouches but it's much easier to get in the Pokemon League then the Grand Festival.

zeno48

Zaker!
Ash definitely deserves to win the league this time.
As long as there is a new gen introduced then Ash will continue to lose the league because it would get boring way too quickly. He would have to win the next league as well and there would be nothing to look forward too. Please don't give me the e4 challenge because it's obvious that he is not ready for that. Not now but maybe until the end of the anime.
He has a powerful team, he's beating Paul, why does he need to lose again?
We don't know if he is beating Paul and he needs to lose again because there has to be something to look foward too the next region.
If he loses again, what the hell can his 5th gen team do that his DP team could not?
Again it wouldn't be much different. You know how the anime is and as long as a new gen is introduced this cycle will most likely continue.
Dawn is a newb corridnator.
I wouldn't consider her a noob coordinator anymore. She is a very profound energetic and talented person and just because you dislike her doesn't make her a noob.
Nobody in this show has ever won a major tournament on their first
Oh wow! Man better not make Dawn an exception. I mean obviously if it has never happened before then it shouldn't happen at all. That is such a stupid argument.
It looks bad when a more experinced corrdiantor couldn't win after two tries and she just waltzes in and gets it just on beginners luck.
It's not "luck" as you put it but determination, passion and devotion to achieving and accomplishing your dream at whatever cost. I don't think we have been watching the same show and it's obvious you have a bias when it comes to Dawn. She is different now then she was at the beginning. All her time and effort training and perfecting her style has lead her to this day and you just think it's a "free pass"? GTFO.
Just becuse she's leaving dosn't mean she should get a freeby.
No, but it's not because she is leaving but because she is prepared for it if she wins. There is a huge difference.
Further more Ash is a vertian pokemon trainer by now. He's got the experince after years of training and he's got a good team to back him up. It would feel like a big let down after all this building up for him to lose yet again.
We know that but as long as the anime continues then Ash will probably not win yet. That's my take on it because he would have to win all the following regions and that would get boring.
Double so if Dawn won and he didn't since he actually deserves the win more.
I say they both deserve to win.

Blazing Charmander

Given that much emphasis has been placed on Dawn's contest training particularly in the run up to the Grand Festival, I wouldn't begrudge her victory in the competition. Then again, that would leave me feeling aggrieved that May didn't go all the way while Dawn did, seeing as I preferred May's journey a lot more in terms of rivals and the like. That said, Dawn has proven herself victorious over May in the Wallace Cup, and you could argue that Dawn's grounding as always being a coordinator in the making due to her mother gives her a lot more opportunity to go on and win it the first time rather than subsequent times. I would like May to win one though - perhaps the Johto one?

As for Ash, i'm telling myself that anything worse off than a Top 2 - 4 place in the Sinnoh League would be a huge disappointment, due to the team he has at his disposal. Ideally, i'd like him to see off Paul in the semi-finals before losing against this apparent trainer with the Legendary Pokemon. That would be great progress from his previous attempts in my opinion, while also giving him a tougher target to face up to in the future and ultimately a reason to keep him on through the 5th Generation.

Mr.Brightside

You will evolve too!
I wouldn't mind Dawn winning the GF but i wouldn't care a lot if she'd lose either, since it's her first time. But Ash. Ash has to make it to the top two or four, if not getting the cup.. I won't accept him losing that easily. He is supposed to be freaking experienced after so many tournaments and Leagues. May the force be with him.

zeno48

Zaker!
Ash shouldn't be forced to lose since he's staying forever.

I agree but like i said he would have to win from now on and i don't think people are prepared to sit through and watch a repeat of sinnoh in the next regions and beyond. I think he does deserve to win but if there is nothing new outside the league then keep him around the top 2 or 4 until the end of the anime.

d4rk_tailed

Doritoes,Leaf Storm!
And Ash winning a single league wouldn't prevent him from continuing either.

I remember people being disappointed when he lost the Hoenn league, but now, with an even more fully evolved team in the Sinnoh league, it'll be even more of a disappointment.

Do you reckon he really missed a trick in Hoenn? If he had used reserves against Tyson, who he pushed to the limit anyway, he would probably have won the league (by logic, rather than writer's whim).

And that validates your first point, if he takes the Sinnoh league, I see no reason why he shouldnt have continued. In fact, winning a league makes dropping off the Sinnoh team in Pallet even more possible as he would feel they'd found their range and limit.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
I won't feel bad if Ash will lose the League & Dawn wins the GF.Come on...league battles are much more hardcore & they don't have a time limit or points for beauty & stuff so it's much harder

XxpikapikaxX

Is also a Naruto fan
I would be really pissed because Ash hasn't won a league since the Orange Islands and I don't really like Dawn, she's a little TOO confident and energetic. Plus, it would be nice to see Ash finally beating Paul in a Pokemon battle.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I wouldn't care. Dawn is leaving, Ash in not.

Couldn't have said it better myself. After DP Dawn is only a guest star where Ash is here forever and to be honest if Ash win's the Sinnoh league I really won't care what he does in Gen 5. He will have gotten a league victory so doing it again will lose it's impact for me, his Pokemon evolve now so we can assume in Gen 5 most of his Pokemon will evolve to there final stages so that kinda lost it's newness (Seeing Brock and regional Girl's Pokemon evolve onscreen is a real rare sight to see nowaday's) So in short I am indifferent and don't care in the least, its not like Dawn is stronger then Ash or May cause she's not.

Torpoleon

I'd like for Dawn to win the Sinnoh Grand Festival and for Ash to lose the Sinnoh League. If there was no word on this guy who uses a Legendary Pokemon, I'd want them to win their respective competitions. Having Dawn win the Sinnoh Grand Festival would be great if the new series and the ones after it do not have contests. I do think that Ash should come in the Finals of the Sinnoh League though, losing to this Legendary Pokemon Trainer.

Status
Not open for further replies.