• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How would you feel if Trip battled Alder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunanight

In episode 34, Trip's flashback involved him meeting Alder and I guess that inspired him to be a trainer since he seemed to say something thing along those lines.

It could give Trip character development and would be like the Paul vs Cynthia match.

Maybe meeting him again could make Trip see that Ash is not as weak as he thought and could start to respect him more.

Last edited:

Zibdas

not bad
Ooo, that could be fun. Definitely a BW worth seeing.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
I think it could work. Rather see Ash, though.

streetlightdsb

Uni hiatus
I'd dislike it. There's no need to rehash Pauls story completely, is there? Paul had respect for Cynthia, but still thought he was the shit and could beat her. I think Trip is more humble than that. He knows he's good, but I dont think he'd deem himself good enough to take on the champion of an entire region, much less the one he idolises and inspired him to become a trainer in the first place.

Cuddy

Cyndaquil Master
I believe that because Trip knows Alder, Trip might know some battle strategy against Alder. Trip might knock 1 of Alder's Pokemon out. If you guys remember, Paul could not get past Cynthia or Brandon at that.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Meh if its a *** whopping like Satoshi and Shinji got from previows champs/elite 4, yeah it might happen but I'm not really concerned.

Plus I'm sure Shooti won't try to challenge him, he respects him and knows he is miles ahead of him, the kid isn't dumb.

So no I think he won't challenge him, unless he wins the league which won't happen either.

I'd dislike it. There's no need to rehash Pauls story completely, is there? Paul had respect for Cynthia, but still thought he was the shit and could beat her. I think Trip is more humble than that. He knows he's good, but I dont think he'd deem himself good enough to take on the champion of an entire region, much less the one he idolises and inspired him to become a trainer in the first place.

And I used to think that Paul challenged her to see how strong he has gotten after all those years of training. Like how far he has come after traveling through all those regions. There could be no way he could beat Cynthia when his team consisted of Murkrow(pre gen IV) and Cimchar(whom he despised). TBH, I liked the pattern, someone(Cynthia\Brandon) defeats Paul humiliatingly and then Paul does the same to Ash.

Salamandre

I said this already in another post but i think it be better if trip doesn't battle alder but is a constant source of advice for him. Like what we had with chiren back ni the games

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
Honestly, I've been expecting Trip to battle Alder since the beginning. Trip's philosophies are comparable to Cheren's, and Cheren and Alder obviously interact often in-game. Granted, I don't think Trip would ever be able to lay a scratch on Alder, but I won't be surprised if they do eventually battle.

Waterpokes

Big fan of battles, so I'd welcome that. But it would not be as fun as Cynthia VS Paul. Trip isn't as arrogant as Paul, and it's funnier to watch somebody whose arrogant lose then somebody that is more nice.

Doubt it will ever happen though.

Mister_SGG

Honestly, I've been expecting Trip to battle Alder since the beginning. Trip's philosophies are comparable to Cheren's, and Cheren and Alder obviously interact often in-game. Granted, I don't think Trip would ever be able to lay a scratch on Alder, but I won't be surprised if they do eventually battle.

Trip reminds me of Cheren alot, so I guess it's possible.

Lunanight

If they do battle, I can see either of these happening:

- Trip battles Alder and gets his *** kicked by Volcarona
- Trip meets Alder and gives him some advice like how he did to Cheren in the games
- Alder tells Trip that knowledge is not everything
- All of the above points that I mentioned

Unlike Paul, Trip is not stupid enough to challenge someone he knows is more powerful so either Alder challenges Trip to test him about his training methods (or something similar) or Trip challenges Alder out of excitement.

When I mean excitement, I mean that since Trip was inspired by him and was very young at the time, he was bound to be very excited to see Alder. So to see him again must make him happy and wants to battle him for that reason.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
Meh if its a *** whopping like Satoshi and Shinji got from previows champs/elite 4, yeah it might happen but I'm not really concerned.

Plus I'm sure Shooti won't try to challenge him, he respects him and knows he is miles ahead of him, the kid isn't dumb.

So no I think he won't challenge him, unless he wins the league which won't happen either.

What happens if Trip challenges Alder in order to win? It's still good experience... he might be doing it to give his Pokemon some experience but I doubt Trip would battle Alder in an unofficial battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.